Drunken Mistake, Need Help Now!

Guest _anonymous_

Guest _anonymous_

i mean i understand where everyone is coming from but its hard sometimes, i mean being in high school a punjabi kuri and not doin yur eyebrows its hard, and for some reason even though i regret this i still think i will end up drinking again, i dont want people to think i dont care or that i dont want to listen to anyones advice its just that i like this lifestyle, getting my nails done, getting my eyebrows, goin out partying and chillin with friends its fun,

but when i was an amritdhari, i had a handful of friends and i barely had fun on a daily basis, i would only have fun at samagams, now i am one of the most popular girls in ny, i have guys running after me and i have friends that stand by me no matter what and who i can chill with whenever i want..

i guess my outlook on life is really wrong and i want to go back to my sikhi life cuz i think i had less stress then and i was more calm, but i have more fun now...

ive never had a boyfriend..so im not a <banned word filter activated> or anythin...and if i kissed this guy then its my first kiss and it sucks i will never remember it...

i calld the guy and i asked what happened and he said dont worry abuh it...so i ask agn do you guys think we did anything ?

thank you...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean i understand where everyone is coming from but its hard sometimes, i mean being in high school a punjabi kuri and not doin yur eyebrows its hard, and for some reason even though i regret this i still think i will end up drinking again, i dont want people to think i dont care or that i dont want to listen to anyones advice its just that i like this lifestyle, getting my nails done, getting my eyebrows, goin out partying and chillin with friends its fun,

but when i was an amritdhari, i had a handful of friends and i barely had fun on a daily basis, i would only have fun at samagams, now i am one of the most popular girls in ny, i have guys running after me and i have friends that stand by me no matter what and who i can chill with whenever i want..

i guess my outlook on life is really wrong and i want to go back to my sikhi life cuz i think i had less stress then and i was more calm, but i have more fun now...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ''now i am one of the most popular girls in ny'' that is not a good thing! a girl bring popular can only mean one thing to me....im sorry if this is very wrong but bruv reading that line makes you sound like a who*e.

''i have friends that stand by me no matter what and who i can chill with whenever i want..'' do you think so? are you sure that they would take a bullet for you? i doubt it, friends arent there for long! only Mahakaal is!

i still think i will end up drinking again, i dont want people to think i dont care or that i dont want to listen to anyones advice its just that i like this lifestyle, getting my nails done, getting my eyebrows, goin out partying and chillin with friends its fun,

once you give your head to maharaj you cant take it back!

think about it this way, your going out once a week having fun yeah its just short term fun, your friends your looks, your lifestyle wont be the same for ever!

just my ''two cents''

I don't think you are ready for Amrit again. If you love doing eyebrows and other stuff you wrote and you think hanging around with wrong sangat is fun for you, I don't think you should really take amrit again yet. Give yourself sometime. Start doing nitnem slowly slowly.

as Guru Nanak Dev ji said in Japuji sahib....

ਭਰੀਐ ਹਥੁ ਪੈਰੁ ਤਨੁ ਦੇਹ ॥

When the hands and the feet and the body are dirty,

ਪਾਣੀ ਧੋਤੈ ਉਤਰਸੁ ਖੇਹ ॥

water can wash away the dirt.

ਮੂਤ ਪਲੀਤੀ ਕਪੜੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

When the clothes are soiled and stained by urine,

ਦੇ ਸਾਬੂਣੁ ਲਈਐ ਓਹੁ ਧੋਇ ॥

soap can wash them clean.

ਭਰੀਐ ਮਤਿ ਪਾਪਾ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ॥

But when the intellect is stained and polluted by sin,

ਓਹੁ ਧੋਪੈ ਨਾਵੈ ਕੈ ਰੰਗਿ ॥

it can only be cleansed by the Love of the Name.

so make a commitment to read your banis daily without interruption. And read above lines again and again whenever you think of having worldly fun. Eventually, babaji would wash your mut and get you out of duality. U are trying to put foot in 2 boats, one is definitely not going to take you anywhere, another one would. But u are not able to choose the right one and choose only one. So ask for help from babaji.

i have friends that stand by me no matter what and who i can chill with whenever i want..

LOL! Yah, try going back to a Gurmukh life and see how much these "friends" stand by you, they're there but it's currently fun and convenient that you're around. You got yourself in a little bit of trouble due to bad judgement, and you came to a Gurmat board to seek advice, thats all the proof you need.

Guest _singh_
You've made a mistake and now you're learning about the consequences of making a mistake.

I too would suggest attending a genito-urinary medicine clinic and getting yourself tested for sexually transmitted infections. It is better to be safe than sorry a second time.

Other than that, in contacting the guy, what will you achieve? He might tell you the truth or he might lie to you. Since you do not know what happened, you have no way of telling whether he speaks the truth. He could say 'nothing happened' which might be true. He might also be lying, using your drunkedness to shield the truth.

The most important thing about making mistakes is learning from them. What have you learnt from making this mistake? What will you do to prevent it happening again.

To the topic starter, read this post again!

Thats sad...

Friends are those who accept how you are. I'm the only turbaned Sikh in my whole school and my friends (boys n girls) accept how I am, I do not change for them, nor they for me. I like the way they are, and they how I am. These so called friends who only like you because of your appearence aren't true friends. And at the end of the day your only true friend is Waheguru.

Get a checkup done, avoid drinking again, and change your circle of friends. You sure something wasn't put in your drink? From what the guy told, he is being quite suspicious...

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

but i have more fun now...

ive never had a boyfriend..so im not a <banned word filter activated> or anythin...

i calld the guy and i asked what happened and he said dont worry abuh it...so i ask agn do you guys think we did anything ?

jeh har simaran bhaeiaa,

theh oupaadhh gath keenee,

vaddabhaagee har japanaa ||

jan naanak ko gur eih mat dheenee,

jap har bhavajal tarna ||

I guess when he's angry with us, YOU are the 'kind' we become. I hope you really don't become any more 'anonymous'. I mean more than you are right now. It'll be hard for you.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.