Drunken Mistake, Need Help Now!

Guest _anonymous_

Guest Guest

I think we can all agree that what the girl has done is wrong and she is Patit but there is no need to continuously insult her or display aggressive behaviour towards her - she is well aware she is Peshi and she knows what is right and wrong. Perhaps people need to accept that for some individuals, it just isn't in their Karams to find Sikhi in this lifetime - not everyone is lucky enough to be able to follow what is right and discard what is wrong, and rather than displaying her contempt may be she needs compassion?

The phrase "pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind - there are no shortage of Dastar wearing, Amritdhari girls who are happy to flirt with boys, and dating & kissing etc is not exactly rare with modern Amrit dhari youth, they are just much less up front about it!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Dear Sister,

I would recommend you come in contact with local Sangat in the Queens New York City area. I personally know of local Singhs in the area who have started local kirtan programs amongst youth in Queens. One of their names is Jagjit Singh. He also grew up in New York and Im guessing he could also provide insight with you coming in contact with a better Sangat and having fun and enjoying life through the guidance of Guru Sahib Jio. Everyone makes a mistake. There is a proverb saying, "Every Saint has a past, and every sinner has a future". Make your life better by now going to Sangat and changing your entire friends circle. Our Guru tells us to only seek the company of those who do Naam Bhagti, Simran, Kirtan, Katha, and Seva. All the fun comes through them. There are limitless Gurbani lines telling us of this.

Please take this to heart. First of all if you are serous about your Sikhi go to the Panj Pyarai @ the next Amrit Sanchar and get peshed. Second CHANGE YOUR SANGAT. Gursikh Sangat would not let you go to someplace where there is drinking. Guru Sahib Jee through the gift of Sangat saves you from this. Contact the local Singh if you wish to attend these programs. His name is Jagjit Singh, he organizes the Kirtan programs in the Queens area his email is Jagjit86@gmail.com. I have not told him of this incident so it is up to you to tell him.

Dear Sister,

Everyone makes a mistake. There is a proverb saying, "Every Saint has a past, and every sinner has a future". Make your life better by now going to Sangat and changing your entire friends circle. Our Guru tells us to only seek the company of those who do Naam Bhagti, Simran, Kirtan, Katha, and Seva. All the fun in life comes through them, guru Sahib jee tells us that any other thing is all fake and maya driven. There are limitless Gurbani lines telling us of this.

Please take this to heart. First of all if you are serous about your Sikhi go to the Panj Pyarai @ the next Amrit Sanchar and get peshed. Give yourself to your Guru all over again!

Second CHANGE YOUR SANGAT. Gursikh Sangat would not let you go to someplace where there is drinking. Guru Sahib Jee through the gift of Sangat saves you from this.

We have our local programs here in Queens, if you seek help and wish to come in contact with Bibis here who do Keertan, and are Gursikh Amritdharis let me know.

bloody hell, her attitude is so typical of girls of all religions nowadays. girls like that come from religous families but get bored and start doing all this stuff as teenagers up until they leave uni. after they leave uni after getting up to god knows what, they're a bit older, not as good looking and have to face the problems of being truly independent. at this point they come back into their religion and act as if they didnt know what they were doing and that everyone should forget what they got up to. they become quasi-religious and look down on those who arent as superficial about religion as they are or those who dont praise them for their 'piety'. then they demand their parents (who either had the wool pulled over their eyes or just brush what happened under the carpet) get them hitched to some naive sod who is rich (usually dentists/accountants or sometimes doctors). that poor guy ends up in a marriage to someone he thinks is really great because of what his parents were told by his prospective in-laws who are a 'good family', as they say. after getting hitched he realises what a two-faced, deceitful, 'narinder kaur'-esque nutcase she is. oh well, thats just my two pence from what i've seen happen to people 5-10 years older than me.

ive been readin the original posters posts and seriously....girl u came to the wrong forum to tlak about ur problem....

if u really need to tlak about it talk to some people like urself not on a gursikh forum.....yeah "now im the most famous girl in ny!"... like yeah right go to some local gurdwara or a indian restaurant or something as ask if the people there know u really well ...yeah ohh they know u....

ive been in ur place welll not about the drinking and stuff but yeha everything else i have and girl ur in the wrong crowd ..and ur thinking here is totally wonrg if u really want to get back to ur amritdhari ways then u have to change the crowd u hang out with cuz there just messin up ur poor life

i definetely didnt have sex..but im not the kind of girl tht goes around kissing guys...i think that we got to second basee..

i hope everyone knows what that is.. i mean i textd the guy saying im sorry for whatever i did last night or said and all he said was "lol k"...

do yu think he remembers or not?

whatcha mean by "second basee"

second base...........

shudnt hav said that

for those who dont know it means when one person gets to "touch" the other

this is totally inappropriate for this forum.

problems like this can only be solved if you change your crowd, what can we possibly say to help, i mean you must know what an amritdhari would tell u as u used to be one !!!!!

i definetely didnt have sex..but im not the kind of girl tht goes around kissing guys...i think that we got to second basee..

i hope everyone knows what that is.. i mean i textd the guy saying im sorry for whatever i did last night or said and all he said was "lol k"...

do yu think he remembers or not?

whatcha mean by "second basee"

second base...........

shudnt hav said that

for those who dont know it means when one person gets to "touch" the other

this is totally inappropriate for this forum.

problems like this can only be solved if you change your crowd, what can we possibly say to help, i mean you must know what an amritdhari would tell u as u used to be one !!!!!

pretty much sums it all up...

Guest shastr

this is a dumb thread

to the topic starter, im sorry sister, but u r totally not cool. and going to second base or third base or wat ever base u guys went to, that doesnt make u any cooler either, just to let u know.

can i ask u, what the hel u thinking coming on here and starting this thread? u think other people will tell u which base they manage to get to huh? maybe we can start a base thread and compare who got to which ever base in a faster time huh? does that sound fun?

come on man! take a good look at urself in the mirror. u like drinking, doing ur eyebrows, hangning out with friends, and NO hanging out with friends is not wrong, so dont even ask that question, but wat is the point if all ur gonna do is get drunk and make urself look like a complete <banned word filter activated>??

now all of a sudden u made a mistake and u want to go online and ask other sikh sangat kids wat they thiink of ur situation or wat u should do??

tell me something, did u ask any of us before u got drunk that night?? do u ask any of us before u pluck away ur eyebrows? do u ask any of us before u go out and have "fun" wiht ur buddies?? do u ask any of us before u go do watever the hell is might be that makes ur lifestyle soo cool????

i didnt think so.

again im gonna say sorry, maybe im sounding like a comeplete <banned word filter activated> right now, but try to understand wat im saying. this is not the right place to be talking about this kind of junk.

from the way u talk, it really does seem like u dont give a damn about any of thsi sikhi stuff, so y even bother making this thread? thats just dumb to ask people wat they think if u know urself u will prolly do it again, despite wat people on here say.

there a lil kids on this site that are just trying to get into sikhi, and we deff. dont need them going home and asking their parents wat each of the bases mean, and all that crap.

i am sorry, maybe this seems a bit harsh or rude, but its just the way i talk, so bear with me here.

(p.s. in case anybody didnt know second base is, it comes after first base, and before third base)

there a lil kids on this site that are just trying to get into sikhi, and we deff. dont need them going home and asking their parents wat each of the bases mean, and all that crap.

(p.s. in case anybody didnt know second base is, it comes after first base, and before third base)

sorry to be a ''party pooper'' but im not a little kid and i did not know what second base was until i asked a friend then i was shocked what second base was lol

All this talk of "2nd base" in here. I got a question for all of you, is there a "-1st base" (yes I mean negative first base) cause thats about all I have ever managed...