Drunken Mistake, Need Help Now!

Guest _anonymous_

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope my reasoning can be understood after reading the following.. :|

lol, i said girls (as a plural as there is more than one), and i said all religions. the reason i said that is because muslimahs and catholic/jewish girls do the same kind of thing. some guys do bad stuff as well but what they do is not identical. i hope you understand.

I was pointing out the fact that you came across as a person who believes girls do more inappropriate things than guys.

So I wanted to make clear, the fact that guys and girls equally behave inappropriately.

If you agree to the fact that guys and girls are equally wrong in today's society, then why do you insist on expressing yourself in ways that seem sexist?

I mean.. You did it again in your last post that I'm replying to right now:

"...the reason i said that is because muslimahs and catholic/jewish girls do the same kind of thing. some guys do bad stuff as well but what they do is not identical. i hope you understand."

I mean.. This is exactly what I pointing out in my previous post.

You say "...MUSLIMAHS AND CATHOLIC/JEWISH GIRLS..." and then you say

"...SOME GUYS..."

Hmm.... If that isn't contradicting yourself (yet, again).. What is..?

*****When stating two opinions after another, they should know how to put together/differenciate the two.

If I said:

"Guys are stupid." "Some girls are stupid."

How would people will interpret that? Won't people think I believe that, while guys are stupid, just "some" girls are stupid..?

Saying only the word 'guys', I would be talking about guys in general. Using 'some girls', I would be talking about certain individuals.

Clearly, I'd be stating different opinions on the two subjects.

Like I mentioned before..

If you don't believe girls are worse/more likely to do inappropriate things, then you why do you CLEARLY use different words for the two genders when expressing your views?...

I'm really just trying to point out the fact that you come across as a person who believes girls do more inappropriate things than guys..

I wanted to make clear, the fact that guys and girls equally behave inappropriately.

If you agree to the fact that guys and girls are equally wrong in today's society, then why do you insist on using statements that seem sexist? :6

I'm sorry.. but I don't understand why you continue to contradict yourself.

I don't think my reasoning can be any clearer than what you, yourself, stated..

GIRLS ...and then... SOME GUYS

it is sad, but i've seen this happen to people, and once they lose faith or get greedy, they wont realise what they've done until they crash. one of my friends went completely off the rails once and we all tried to help him. but he threw it back in our faces and was just totally unreasonable. it was only until he realised he couldnt have a bad lifestyle/attitude and be a good person that he changed.

Do you doubt that the original poster can change? :umm:

...lol, your reply to my post wasnt really going to help her was it? if anything it gives her the excuse to say 'if sikh guys do it (and even if they dont), i can do what i want!'. ...

...lol... That post was just for you, actually. :lol:

It offends girls when someone thinks of us like you do. (Your posts make it seem like you believe girls worse when it comes to 'right or wrong' anyway.. That's what I was trying to point out.)

Clearly, I was responding to your comments.

You're prejudging again.

As I mentioned in my previous post.. She didn't give a hint of that thought.

People (girls) in the west don't use senseless methods.. like using that excuse.. to do what they want. That would be ridiculous.

For you to think that I was GIVING her an excuse just blows my mind man..

Please reread this statement I posted earlier:

..The original poster never said she wanted to do things cuz guys do it. She said just said she finds her current lifestyle fun.. :S ..

I think you should have more faith in her. At least she realizes that she's wrong.

if i had said 'all girls of all religions', then your reasoning would be correct. but i didnt. once again i was not aiming that comment at all girls.

I'm glad to hear that you weren't aiming that comment at all girls.. but.. like I said..

***If you SERIOUSLY don't believe there's a difference between the two, then PLEASE don't express your views by focusing on ONE of the genders. .. You shouldn't have focused on one gender..

(Would've been cool if you didn't) but you DID, therefore leaving an impression that you didn't want left of you; Me thinking you are sexist. I think it's reasonable for one to think someone is sexist when she/he focuses on the negative characteristics of certain individuals of just ONE gender.

***When I read your first post, ONLY read negative comments about GIRLS of all religions.

That made it seem like you view all girls the same way.

It just doesn't make any sense man. As I mentioned earlier...

***If you think girls and guys are equally immature/stupid these days, then your choice of words were incorrect and misleading.

You stated:

"...but i didnt. once again i was not aiming that comment at all girls. ..."

Then you COULD HAVE stated it in a different way.. For example:

"..her attitude is so typical of people (of all religions) nowadays."

However, you didn't.

So please say what you mean, and mean what you say. Otherwise, it confuses people and, in this case, may make some some people think you're sexist.

I'm really sorry if you view my opinion of you being a sexist is incorrect.. but by going over certain statements you made, I hope you understand why I think you are.

i'm sorry but i really think you need to read things properly. this is what i said: 'i just didnt mention what guys get up to, and trust me i know that some of them are a hell of a lot worse than any woman could be.'

Yes.. Well I corrected myself later:

...After reading your previous post, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought you were bashing girls. (Especially after reading your very first comments.)

So it's cool.. knowing that you don't feel this certain way about girls only. (Your previous post, however, was very misleading though.)

Your first post left the wrong impression..and it was your first post I was getting at. (Where you only mentioned negative aspects of girls, while sympathizing with the "poor" guys.)

I think you should reread your first post as well.

You sympathize with what guys go through.. Although girls go through the same things.

So why?? Why use examples that only apply to one gender? :6

That (first) post of yours is the reason why I believed you are sexist.

After reading that post again, you're not seriously blaming for me having that opinion of you; are you? :umm:

...also i have only posted twice on this thread. so maybe you should be clearer about what posts you are reffering to. ...

I WAS pretty clear about what posts I was referring to.

I know you had only posted once.. and I pointed that out:

...After reading your previous post...

yes, but when someone asks 'why did you do it?' the answer is usually about blaming guys.

:6 I don't know what kind of community you live in.. but I don't know of ANY girl who used that as an excuse.

That's absurd.

The only place girls use that as an excuse is a place where they have little/no rights.. cuz they are oppressed and feel the need to gain equal rights. That's how all equal rights are given anyway...

However, in Canada and America.. That's NOT the case.

Whoever uses that excuse is an i.d.i.o.t. and needs to get a life..

... ..........(Why are you relating this sort of thing to her thread anyway???)...
maybe because the religous-girl-goes-wild-then-pretends-to-come-back-to-faith thing is all too common nowadays.

..but you agree that the "religious-boy-goes-wild-then-pretends-to-come-back-to-faith thing" is equally as common nowadays, right? :)

I do NOT need to see a counselor.

-------

I DON'T need counseling.

alright, alright, i wasnt going to force you.

----

:|

I'm glad I don't have to be fearful. :p

Well.. I hope I'm understood now.

Sorry if offended you. I was just responding according to my opinion: Your first post made it seem like you're sexist.

Anyway... I hope that girl realizes that she needs psychological treatment.

i agree with everything this bhenji above said and girl better read it out carefully cuz thats the truth right there and it s all in ur face and if u dont like it ..welll too bad cuz the truth always hurts

Yeah.. I'm really hoping she understands her situation and condition.

It's not like her so-called friends who stick by her no matter what will help her anyway..

I wonder if she even thought about that...

If they really DID stick by her no matter what, then why would she ask for peoples' opinions online?

She's asking for help from people she doesn't know ANYTHING about.. and yet says she has these friends who stick by her no matter what

That's F'd in my opinion.

After reading her first 2 posts, I can't believe she was worried about her first kiss.. :6

i agree with everything this bhenji above said and girl better read it out carefully cuz thats the truth right there and it s all in ur face and if u dont like it ..welll too bad cuz the truth always hurts

It's not like her so-called friends who stick by her no matter what will help her anyway..

If they really DID stick by her no matter what, then why would she ask for peoples' opinions online?

She's asking for help from people she doesn't know ANYTHING about.. and yet says she has these friends who stick by her no matter what

After reading her first 2 posts, I can't believe she was worried about her first kiss.. :6

Request to mods... I think Khalsa_Girl_1 bhenjee has summed it all up for the original poster, so let's close this thread :D

Vaheguru... This is sad. Being an amritdharee and totally turning your back towards gurujee, how did it feel? :( He did so much kirpa on you to even get the opportunity to taste his nectar and we totally ignore him. If you think you did not have 'fun' while you were being gurujees daughter, then you should really think about what your goal is in this life. What do you want to do? Continue in fake bliss or go back on our beloved guru's path? I know that it is mainly the SANGAT you are around and hanging with ... you choose your freinds .. it all depends on what ur mind finds "fun" All these gurmukh pyare consider their true freind Gurusahib himself and im sure that they have thier "freind" whenever they are in need. Bhen, if you think doing ur eyebrows and waxing is what makes you happy, a fake roop then i dont know ... Think about how ur attitude was when you were preparing for amrit.. how much excitment there was.. the rehat the happiness the peacefulness ..... now think about the opposite excitment ur having now ... panful eyebrow threading, trying hard to fit in by copying others to be "popular" no offense but ur "popular" in the wrong crowd... iF you EVER want to go back and need support message me we can do amritvelaa calls rehraas ..anything .. im here to help 24/7 .. i think its time to turn around and talk to gurujee again ... he was standing behind u the whole time .. the only true "freind" u'll ever have

I was pointing out the fact that you came across as a person who believes girls do more inappropriate things than guys.

So I wanted to make clear, the fact that guys and girls equally behave inappropriately.

If you agree to the fact that guys and girls are equally wrong in today's society, then why do you insist on expressing yourself in ways that seem sexist?

I mean.. You did it again in your last post that I'm replying to right now:

"...the reason i said that is because muslimahs and catholic/jewish girls do the same kind of thing. some guys do bad stuff as well but what they do is not identical. i hope you understand."

I mean.. This is exactly what I pointing out in my previous post.

You say "...MUSLIMAHS AND CATHOLIC/JEWISH GIRLS..." and then you say

"...SOME GUYS..."

Hmm.... If that isn't contradicting yourself (yet, again).. What is..?

*****When stating two opinions after another, they should know how to put together/differenciate the two.

If I said:

"Guys are stupid." "Some girls are stupid."

How would people will interpret that? Won't people think I believe that, while guys are stupid, just "some" girls are stupid..?

Saying only the word 'guys', I would be talking about guys in general. Using 'some girls', I would be talking about certain individuals.

Clearly, I'd be stating different opinions on the two subjects.

Like I mentioned before..

If you don't believe girls are worse/more likely to do inappropriate things, then you why do you CLEARLY use different words for the two genders when expressing your views?...

I'm really just trying to point out the fact that you come across as a person who believes girls do more inappropriate things than guys..

I wanted to make clear, the fact that guys and girls equally behave inappropriately.

If you agree to the fact that guys and girls are equally wrong in today's society, then why do you insist on using statements that seem sexist? blink.gif

I'm sorry.. but I don't understand why you continue to contradict yourself.

I don't think my reasoning can be any clearer than what you, yourself, stated..

GIRLS ...and then... SOME GUYS

i'll be honest and say i only said 'some guys' because i'm such a good outstanding guy.ahem.

Do you doubt that the original poster can change? unsure.gif

thats not what i said. what i'm saying is that it will take something drastic to shake her from the idea her life is perfect now she is 'popular'.

I'm glad to hear that you weren't aiming that comment at all girls.. but.. like I said..

***If you SERIOUSLY don't believe there's a difference between the two, then PLEASE don't express your views by focusing on ONE of the genders. .. You shouldn't have focused on one gender..

(Would've been cool if you didn't) but you DID, therefore leaving an impression that you didn't want left of you; Me thinking you are sexist. I think it's reasonable for one to think someone is sexist when she/he focuses on the negative characteristics of certain individuals of just ONE gender.

***When I read your first post, ONLY read negative comments about GIRLS of all religions.

That made it seem like you view all girls the same way.

It just doesn't make any sense man. As I mentioned earlier...

***If you think girls and guys are equally immature/stupid these days, then your choice of words were incorrect and misleading.

You stated:

"...but i didnt. once again i was not aiming that comment at all girls. ..."

Then you COULD HAVE stated it in a different way.. For example:

"..her attitude is so typical of people (of all religions) nowadays."

However, you didn't.

So please say what you mean, and mean what you say. Otherwise, it confuses people and, in this case, may make some some people think you're sexist.

I'm really sorry if you view my opinion of you being a sexist is incorrect.. but by going over certain statements you made, I hope you understand why I think you are.

in another thread i had a go at those gurudwara committee members who came here in the 60s, got a haircut to get a job, started drinking/gambling, got a gori girlfriend even if they had a wife back in the punjab etc but then became 'religous' again just to take control of a gurudwara. all of them who did that were men. its just that this thread was started by a girl and i wanted to put across what some so-called religous girls do. but what the bad men get up to is as bad but not identical, so i didnt make it a genderless point.

Your first post left the wrong impression..and it was your first post I was getting at. (Where you only mentioned negative aspects of girls, while sympathizing with the "poor" guys.)

I think you should reread your first post as well.

You sympathize with what guys go through.. Although girls go through the same things.

So why?? Why use examples that only apply to one gender? blink.gif

That (first) post of yours is the reason why I believed you are sexist.

After reading that post again, you're not seriously blaming for me having that opinion of you; are you? unsure.gif

but i did say somewhere that those of my older mates who got married and now have problems are guys, and the women i know dont seem to have any problems. thats also why i said maybe women dont have these problems or have other ways of dealing with it. but i'm not denying that sikh girls may face the same problems with their husbands.

..but you agree that the "religious-boy-goes-wild-then-pretends-to-come-back-to-faith thing" is equally as common nowadays, right? smile.gif

of course.

i'll be honest and say i only said 'some guys' because i'm such a good outstanding guy.ahem.

thats not what i said. what i'm saying is that it will take something drastic to shake her from the idea her life is perfect now she is 'popular'.

in another thread i had a go at those gurudwara committee members who came here in the 60s, got a haircut to get a job, started drinking/gambling, got a gori girlfriend even if they had a wife back in the punjab etc but then became 'religous' again just to take control of a gurudwara. all of them who did that were men. its just that this thread was started by a girl and i wanted to put across what some so-called religous girls do. but what the bad men get up to is as bad but not identical, so i didnt make it a genderless point.

but i did say somewhere that those of my older mates who got married and now have problems are guys, and the women i know dont seem to have any problems. thats also why i said maybe women dont have these problems or have other ways of dealing with it. but i'm not denying that sikh girls may face the same problems with their husbands.

..but you agree that the "religious-boy-goes-wild-then-pretends-to-come-back-to-faith thing" is equally as common nowadays, right? smile.gif

of course.

Cool. :D :p

...peace

Request to mods... I think Khalsa_Girl_1 bhenjee has summed it all up for the original poster, so let's close this thread :D

Agreed :lol:

MOD NOTE: At requeset of sangat......Topic is Closed