Shastar Vidiya Classes

VJKK VJKF

Dear all,

I am new to this forum. I am interested in learning Shastar Vidiya, I am based in Birmingham. I wanted to know if there are any people on this site who learn Shastar Vidiya, who can give me some advice i.e. what is taught, cost of lessons, etc

Thanks in advance

VJKK VJKF

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lessons are free, each student may give money as he can afford to as a donation. All aspects are taught, from stand up striking, grappling, ground fighting, weapons, fighting against multiples etc Best to turn up and have a look yourself, class times and locations are on the website.

Shaster Vidya Classes:

Time: 6-8, Every Friday

Teacher: Manmeet 'Maan' Singh

Go down and have a look, it's free after all. :)

wait

the guy asked for shastar vidiya the real vidiya, not cussing down mr manmeet singh but he teachs gatka which isnt shastar vidiya no matter what anyone says!

VJKK VJKF

Dear all,

Thanks for your feedback. I have done a bit of Gatka (my friend used to learn and taught me a few techniques). He was unable to teach me any unarmed stuff - because he hadn't ben taught it. I didi then start gatka myself, for about 6 months, but in that time was never taught any empty hands stuff. We did alot of stick techniques and basic sparring. I think its ok, but there was no real depth to what was being taught. Sorry, but that is my honest opinion.

That is why I want to try Shastar Vidiya, I have been on the website and looked at the range of techniques, it does look very good. I have heard that ustad who teaches is very very good with weapons.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. Are there any people who go to the Birmingham akhara who could desribe a typical lesson for me i.e. what is taught etc

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

Dear all,

Thanks for your feedback. I have done a bit of Gatka (my friend used to learn and taught me a few techniques). He was unable to teach me any unarmed stuff - because he hadn't ben taught it. I didi then start gatka myself, for about 6 months, but in that time was never taught any empty hands stuff. We did alot of stick techniques and basic sparring. I think its ok, but there was no real depth to what was being taught. Sorry, but that is my honest opinion.

That is why I want to try Shastar Vidiya, I have been on the website and looked at the range of techniques, it does look very good. I have heard that ustad who teaches is very very good with weapons.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. Are there any people who go to the Birmingham akhara who could desribe a typical lesson for me i.e. what is taught etc

VJKK VJKF

like gurbar akaal said : All aspects are taught, from stand up striking, grappling, ground fighting, weapons, fighting against multiples etc Best to turn up and have a look yourself, class times and locations are on the website.

for example one week you may learn how to fight against 2 other opponents unarmed. then the enxt week you may learn how to disarm and counter weapons etc.