• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Shaster Vidya Classes:

Time: 6-8, Every Friday

Teacher: Manmeet 'Maan' Singh

Go down and have a look, it's free after all."

Didn't Maan Singh used to be Nihang Nidar Singhs student?

serious???????? :S:S:S:S

so he teachs the vidiya aswell :S:S:SS never heard of that, shall ask.

Manmeet Singh used to come to the akhara a number of years ago, however his focus on Santhiya reduced his attendance. He told Niddar Singh when they met in India that he wishes to teach Gatka and Santhiya in the UK to promote Dharam Parchar from a Nihang perspective. Niddar Singh has no issue with him teaching Gatka, as long as he doesnt associate his teachings with the Akhara because he is not trained in the higher levels of the art, only the basics.

Currently there is no student who is capable of teaching Shastarvidiya.

VJKK VJKF

Is that true, that there is proper shastar vidiya classes i.e. unarmed, armed fighting in Smethwick? It would be easier for me to get to Smethwick Gurdwara and Friday is also better for me.

Is there anyone on the forum who does learn at this akhara? If so I would appreciate some feedback, does the ustad teach

unarmed combat, grappling, ,wrestling , striking as well as weapons?

Hope someone could enlighten me.

VJKK VJKF

Currently there is no student who is capable of teaching Shastarvidiya.

indeed, whats what I thought, out of all the students no one is that good enough to teach as a gurdevs level.

VJKK VJKF

Is that true, that there is proper shastar vidiya classes i.e. unarmed, armed fighting in Smethwick? It would be easier for me to get to Smethwick Gurdwara and Friday is also better for me.

Is there anyone on the forum who does learn at this akhara? If so I would appreciate some feedback, does the ustad teach

unarmed combat, grappling, ,wrestling , striking as well as weapons?

Hope someone could enlighten me.

VJKK VJKF

see the poster ''gurbarakaal'' posted up! thats for the akara which teaches unarmed fighting, sticks etc.

The training at Baba Sang Gurdwara Sahib is not nor is their any claim to be Shaster Vidiya.

Training at Baba Sang Gurdwara Sahib involves mainly exercises such as sit ups, press ups, squats, dips and other simple bodyweight exercises as well as Gatka training to improve balance and coordination as well as some basic self defence and pad work with facilitators trained in Ju jitsu and Thai boxing.

There are no formal teachers at these training sessions but "facilitators" who simply want to encourage the youth to unite together take up some sort of physical activity to encourage healthy living with our community.

The class ends with simple breathing exercises and simran, finishing off with "sakhia" – Historical tales of the Sikh Guru's and Brave Sikh Warriors for died for us to be here today. A chance to look at the great line of warriors we have come from. A chance to look at the teaching of our Gurus and apply them into our day to day lives which is vital in these dark days of KAL JUG.

The facilitators aim in doing these sessions are to instil unity, pride, honesty, respect and TRUTH (practising and being able to realise the real truth) using REAL EYES TO REALISE THE REAL LIES as well as other good morals into the youth of today in an active way.

As well as these training sessions there is a Weekly program on Sundays from 6pm till 8pm,

AKAAL USTAT SUNDAYSA weekly recital of Sri Akaal Ustat , which is the Pavittar Gurbani of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaaj.

Program starts as 6pm with Rehras Sahib, followed by Akaal Ustat da paat, followed by katha or kirtan.

This program is also held to re-instil Khalsa warrior values, such as the living of a gursikh - REAL REHIT- NITNEM, GURBANI,SEWA,BANA and the Great GurBani of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji within the Sikh people.

The connection of brothers and sister doing these programs and classes wish for all of you to realise the power within, the power to change what is, the power to become something and not be held back by their owns egos, barriers and fears, Only very few are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of their society.

Remember

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?"

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God! Your playing small doesn't serve the world! There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you! We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; It's in everyone!! And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

THESE PROGRAMS ARE FULLY SUPPORTED AND BACKED BY REAL NIHANG SINGHS FROM BUDDHA DAL AND THE MANY TARNA DALS IN PUNJAAB.

n577510000_5788588_1263.jpg

Class Times and locations are also on the website.

The website does not appear to have any details about the classes in london, neither does it have any contact details...?

Can someone please provide me with some more information about the classes in london - hounslow

n577510000_5788588_1263.jpg

Class Times and locations are also on the website.

The website does not appear to have any details about the classes in london, neither does it have any contact details...?

Can someone please provide me with some more information about the classes in london - hounslow

it does!

5. Cranford Community College, High Street, Cranford, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW5 9PD (map)

Saturdays 4.00pm to 6.00pm (adults, male and female)

you have to go on to the website and find were ti says akara page.