The Rally - What Do You Think

gagan-47

I presonally feel that the rally could have been more forthright on the freedom angle but we always tend to sigh away from independence and just talk about 84 itself. It left a bitter sweet taste in my mouth!!!!!

What was actually said about how one can help attain khalistan? - not much in my note.

Reading gurbani is the most powerful source for our panth, but we have to also be active in wordly life.

If reading bani was the do all and end all, then why not cancel the future rallies and conventions and do simran in our homes instead?

Possible solutions -

Involve other communties, espically Khasmiri's, assames, naga's, bodo's and tamils.

People from the Nepalese and Pakistani communties would also support if they were given the right information.

25,000 ish out of 750,000 sikhs were at the rally yesterday.

By inviting others, we increase our potential number into the millions and the attendance at future rallies will be above 100,000 for sure.

But for this, it must be a secular events and not just for sikhs and khalistan.

Sangat ji, what do you think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally didn't go but respect to those who went, just a shame there was no coverage in the press, i agree perhaps it is time to look at the bigger picture, i take the same old politcians were there saying the same old things ? perhaps the future is to show the people in the UK that India has no real democracy and these are all the people who want to have their own soverign state !!!

If nothing, it raises awareness of 1984 to us Sikhs, as it’s Sikhs who are not willing to accept that 1984 happened. There is, however, a gradual realisation process taking place and slowly more and more of the community is accepting that there could not have been any valid reason for the Indira’s army to launch an attack on Harmandar Sahib. That’s our first obstacle and once the community mentally accepts this then there’s progression to the next step of making this campaign secular.

If nothing, it raises awareness of 1984 to us Sikhs, as it's Sikhs who are not willing to accept that 1984 happened. There is, however, a gradual realisation process taking place and slowly more and more of the community is accepting that there could not have been any valid reason for the Indira's army to launch an attack on Harmandar Sahib. That's our first obstacle and once the community mentally accepts this then there's progression to the next step of making this campaign secular.

^^totally agree^^

Like someone mentioned before in previous post, marching up and down Hyde Park, in reality we've been doing it every year, we tried to put bigger significance on the fact is was 25 years. For me the best place to do is to hit the Cricket Matches, with press there and thousands watching in India, it'll show we haven't forgotten. I hate cricket, but even a protest outside, showing images of 1984, and still not one person has been arrested and tried for this terror. Sometimes we have to use our budh (wisdom).

For me the best place to do is to hit the Cricket Matches, with press there and thousands watching in India, it'll show we haven't forgotten.
Thats a really good idea bro, but do you think those who are watching in India would bother? They are watching it for cricket, and so most likely won't care. However, if the match gets canceled due to the crowds protesting violently, then you have an international breaking news. Not that I am suggesting it, but then you will have people wonder "What happened in 1984?"

I presonally feel that the rally could have been more forthright on the freedom angle but we always tend to sigh away from independence and just talk about 84 itself. It left a bitter sweet taste in my mouth!!!!!

What was actually said about how one can help attain khalistan? - not much in my note.

Reading gurbani is the most powerful source for our panth, but we have to also be active in wordly life.

If reading bani was the do all and end all, then why not cancel the future rallies and conventions and do simran in our homes instead?

Possible solutions -

Involve other communties, espically Khasmiri's, assames, naga's, bodo's and tamils.

People from the Nepalese and Pakistani communties would also support if they were given the right information.

25,000 ish out of 750,000 sikhs were at the rally yesterday.

By inviting others, we increase our potential number into the millions and the attendance at future rallies will be above 100,000 for sure.

But for this, it must be a secular events and not just for sikhs and khalistan.

Sangat ji, what do you think?

What wrong Gagan, why so bitter? Is it because the BSSF didnt get and publicity out of it? Why are do people like you allways find negatives in a positive? The march/rally is a "REMEMBRANCE RALLY" to remember 84! I was there, slogans of khalistan were being raised! There were banners with KHALISTAN on them, leaflets were being given out highlighting what happened and why we need KHALISTAN. The need for KHALISTAN was addressed by various talkers from the both stages (hyde park and Trafalgur Sq). Are you sure were talking about the same event.

Why dont you just re-invent the wheel! You like doing that don't you? With regards to the "bitter sweet taste" in your mouth..................go brush your teeth!

So in finishing, rather than putting down an event that paid homage to the Kaums Heroes, an event that with Maharajs Kirpa the youth played an ENORMOUS part in, lets start giving praise to the organisers and participents that turned up.

we spend so much money on things like this, to most it is just a day out, i mean we pay thoushands of pounds but the money should be used for the shaheeds families etc they are suffering. Singhs in jail dont even have tooth brushes.

we should get lawyers back home and fight cases, becuase most the singhs locked up are innocent.

have we even convicted any culprit.

we waste so much money in the uk on nagar kirtans , melas etc, every one gets pumped for ine day and then goes sleep. if all the oldies had a clue about what to do, things would have been done by now. its all turned into a pump thing, a rally on the year of 1984 even 1985....... but if 25 years on and all we can do is rally ..... and not get things done , like heal the wounds of people, help our own brothers who are locked up for no reason.

we are the victims, the panth needs to get organised on a united front, theres so many splinter groups, and organisations seeking justice, every one goes to there own programmes etc that aint gonna get u nowhere.

thats why for 25 years we have gone backwards not forwards. Sikhs are still seen as terrorist by world media.

atleast in 84 enemies of sikhs were getting licked , that aint even happening now but we still get called terrorists

we been screwed to next levels, we are like ants in a glass jar , one trys climbing out and the next one pulls him down, the ants can only get freedom id the all move together to the top of the jar

personally didn't go but respect to those who went, just a shame there was no coverage in the press, i agree perhaps it is time to look at the bigger picture, i take the same old politcians were there saying the same old things ? perhaps the future is to show the people in the UK that India has no real democracy and these are all the people who want to have their own soverign state !!!

I saw a video on youtube with sikhs raising khalistan slogans in new zealand. That was quite nice to see.

We need a co-ordination team to organise sangat and alert us before such events take place so we can be ready to attend in advance.

This was the best rally ever in terms of attendence Southall had 10 Coaches go for the 1st time,sooooooooooo many Youth I would have never dreamed of seeing there all in all a good rally ,they did get a bit late from Hyde Park due to coaches comming late - that could be due to the heavy rain in the morning