gauVI guAwryrI mhlw 5 ]

gourree guaaraeree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehla:

keI jnm Bey kIt pqMgw ]

kee janam bheae keett patha(n)gaa ||

In so many incarnations, you were a worm and an insect;

keI jnm gj mIn kurMgw ]

kee janam gaj meen kura(n)gaa ||

in so many incarnations, you were an elephant, a fish and a deer.

keI jnm pMKI srp hoieE ]

kee janam pa(n)khee sarap hoeiou ||

In so many incarnations, you were a bird and a snake.

keI jnm hYvr ibRK joieE ]1]

kee janam hai// brikh joeiou ||1||

In so many incarnations, you were yoked as an ox and a horse. ||1||

imlu jgdIs imln kI brIAw ]

mil jagadhees milan kee bareeaa ||

Meet the Lord of the Universe - now is the time to meet Him.

icrMkwl ieh dyh sMjrIAw ]1] rhwau ]

chira(n)kaal eih dhaeh sa(n)jareeaa ||1|| rehaao ||

After so very long, this human body was fashioned for you. ||1||Pause||

keI jnm sYl igir kirAw ]

kee janam sail gir kariaa ||

In so many incarnations, you were rocks and mountains;

keI jnm grB ihir KirAw ]

kee janam garabh hir khariaa ||

in so many incarnations, you were aborted in the womb;

keI jnm swK kir aupwieAw ]

kee janam saakh kar oupaaeiaa ||

in so many incarnations, you developed branches and leaves;

lK caurwsIh join BRmwieAw ]2]

lakh chouraaseeh jon bhramaaeiaa ||2||

you wandered through 8.4 million incarnations. ||2||

swDsMig BieE jnmu prwpiq ]

saadhhasa(n)g bhaeiou janam paraapath ||

Through the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you obtained this human life.

kir syvw Bju hir hir gurmiq ]

kar saevaa bhaj har har guramath ||

Do seva - selfless service; follow the Guru's Teachings, and vibrate the Lord's Name, Har, Har.

iqAwig mwnu JUTu AiBmwnu ]

thiaag maan jhoot(h) abhimaan ||

Abandon pride, falsehood and arrogance.

jIvq mrih drgh prvwnu ]3]

jeevath marehi dharageh paravaan ||3||

Remain dead while yet alive, and you shall be welcomed in the Court of the Lord. ||3||

jo ikCu hoAw su quJ qy hogu ]

jo kishh hoaa s thujh thae hog ||

Whatever has been, and whatever shall be, comes from You, Lord.

Avru n dUjw krxY jogu ]

avar n dhoojaa karanai jog ||

No one else can do anything at all.

qw imlIAY jw lYih imlwie ]

thaa mileeai jaa laihi milaae ||

We are united with You, when You unite us with Yourself.

khu nwnk hir hir gux gwie ]4]3]72]

kahu naanak har har gun gaae ||4||3||72||

Says Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, Har, Har. ||4||3||72

• 3 weeks later...

gurfteh...

regarding the rocks joon, does anyone know how many souls it takes to make a mountain??

iv heard its alot. bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji said that it takes many souls to make a mountain. was just wandering how much.

i know that as the mountain grows larger, so does the number of souls within that mountain increase. then when the time comes for the souls to bhorg that janam, (by this time the mountain is massive) then the shear weight of the mountain causes the earth below to give way,then the 'death phase' of the mountain stands in effect..

just another thing to think about..>>

souls are banished to live for jugs at a time. (what a punishment!)

if god didnt banish souls to take a pathar (stone) da joon, then there would be no earth!

everything truely happens for the best in our lives no matter how bad..

gurfateh

I have always been wondering if trees and plants have souls... so there was an answer for that question too :)

it's really interesting though that there are souls in mountains too.. i wonder if they can feel anything.

i read an introduction to the tibetan book of the dead some time ago, where it said that a person who meditates a lot may end up in a passive state of trance instead of enlightment.. and then he will be born as some sort of conscious interstellar cloud.. that can last for probably millions or billions of years.