Quick Answer Needed- Guru Jis Marrige

TejiKaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I was having an argument with one of my Amrithari elderly elderly relitives who said that I have to marry within caste. When I told her how ridicoulos this is she said that it isnt anti Gurmat because all the Gurus married into the same caste. How true is this? I searched but I cant find that much information. Regardless the Guru Granth Sahib is against Caste so I mean thats our first and foremost guide but still what answer do I give her she wont listen

Yes guruji married within there caste ... and i don’t see any reason to marry outside caste just to prove i dont believe in caste system ... during those days there was very much traditional and cultural difference between different castes and for a girl she need to learn everything from starting if she goes outside caste ... but today theres no such thing ...

and if u say sikhi is anti caste system this wrong ... infact there is no castes in sikhi ... just find urself a right guy ... no matter its from ur caste or anyone else ... if u can find one from ur caste that will make everyone happy ... u because u will get a good husband ... ur parents they will get a good son in law ... that old lady because the guy is from ur caste and its neither against sikhi ...

all i can say is we should not marry outside caste just to prove ur against caste system ... nor we should use sikhi to force ur parents for anti caste love marriages ...