Shastar Vidiya Video On More4

caveman

what is jang vidhiya? sounds interesting.

was that a serious question :S?

if it was a actual question then the answer to it is ''another word for shastar vidiyta, jung means war vidiya means science knowledge etc so its basically like knowing how to fight in war or something on them lines.. or it could be war art, any one of those is the right answer

its just another name for shastar vidiya

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was a actual question then the answer to it is ''another word for shastar vidiyta, jung means war vidiya means science knowledge etc so its basically like knowing how to fight in war or something on them lines.. or it could be war art, any one of those is the right answer

i know what the literal meaning was, its just i thought shastar vidiya is how to use weapons but jung vidiya could be the tactics of commanding forces (like a sikh version of 'the art of war'). if the two terms are the same, thats ok, thanks for telling me.

i know what the literal meaning was, its just i thought shastar vidiya is how to use weapons but jung vidiya could be the tactics of commanding forces (like a sikh version of 'the art of war'). if the two terms are the same, thats ok, thanks for telling me.

my friend, shastar vidiya is also how to fight unarmed, grappling, jung tactics, knowing battle formations etc etc.

jung vidiya is shastar vidiya we can be taught about tactics etc but it wouldnt really be used in britain maybe in the pind if someone tries screwing the pind over you could use jung tactics lol maybe

my friend, shastar vidiya is also how to fight unarmed, grappling, jung tactics, knowing battle formations etc etc.

jung vidiya is shastar vidiya we can be taught about tactics etc but it wouldnt really be used in britain maybe in the pind if someone tries screwing the pind over you could use jung tactics lol maybe

lol, you never know when command skills and the ability to fight in a group will be useful. ;) . i think when i read post #20 i thought there were two completely different vidiyas.

From what I know, Niddar Singh has met the Baba Gyana Singh allegedly teaching Jang Vidiya, but he admitted to not having knowledge of the higher penthras, basic stuff and vaars etc only. Baba Gyana Singh "Rabb Ji" taught allot of people near the times of the partition to help them defend themselves against mobs of attackers, however it was quick skills in order for he Sikhs to make do as best as they could duing the troubled time. People must appreciate that the lower level skills and the highest levels are worlds apart.

Does anyone know how long Baba Gyana Singh learnt under "Rabb Ji"?

From what I know, Niddar Singh has met the Baba Gyana Singh allegedly teaching Jang Vidiya, but he admitted to not having knowledge of the higher penthras, basic stuff and vaars etc only. Baba Gyana Singh "Rabb Ji" taught allot of people near the times of the partition to help them defend themselves against mobs of attackers, however it was quick skills in order for he Sikhs to make do as best as they could duing the troubled time. People must appreciate that the lower level skills and the highest levels are worlds apart.

indeed, he said the same thing to me that baba gyana singh didnt know the higher pentras only the low forms and some bits of the lower pentras.

i don't think Baba Gyana Singh Ji teaches at Raqba (unless it's someone with the same name) so I doubt Niddar met him. He was Baba Katapa Singh Ji's (Niddar's gurdev) Gurdev, and the author of a book on the vidya, which is very rare.

The Ustaad at Raqba was his student, and also under Baba Chet singh Ji and Baba Santa Singh and is quite old - in fact I don't know if he still teaches, or if one of his students teaches.

I may well have all the names confused, lol.