Bunga

Guest _confused.com_

Guest _confused.com_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Could someone explain the purpose of the Bunga in Dumala's like what do they represent etc please. I would appreciate as much information you could provide about the Dumala's and like Bunge.

Thank you.

Could someone explain the purpose of the Bunga in Dumala's like what do they represent etc please. I would appreciate as much information you could provide about the Dumala's and like Bunge.

Thank you.

What does Bunga mean?

& what does Bunge mean?

bunga litereally means fortress.

first the keski is tied into the kes, then the dumalla on top.

the bunga is a really large dastaar. the one in my personal pic is a bunga.

this was worn as to represent a fortress. it is one of the most sturdies things in the world. during battle the bunga was very practical as it could harbour many different shastar in case you dropped yours, you could just pull another one out. and also for carrying chakars.

secondly a bunga is worn during occasions as holla-mahaala. where nihangs compete in different competitions. my favourite being where nihangs compete to see who has the biggest dastaar bunga. and whose looks the best :D

and finally, when the british had taken control over punjab, they disallowed the wearing of bunge, as the nihangs would hide shastar int hem. so the nihangs would purposely wear a bunga just as a slap in the face of the british saying, what u gonna do about this now whitey??? :D

• 4 weeks later...
Bunga litteraly means 'tower'. If you have a secure bunga, and you are cut in the head, it won't hurt, so it's pracitical. It also makes the Dumalla look better :)

Bhull Chuk Maaf Karna

Wait though.. Wait..!!

What is the difference b/w a Dumaalaa and a Bunga?

How should we pronounce this word 'bunga'?

Bunga litteraly means 'tower'. If you have a secure bunga, and you are cut in the head, it won't hurt, so it's pracitical. It also makes the Dumalla look better :)

Bhull Chuk Maaf Karna

Wait though.. Wait..!!

What is the difference b/w a Dumaalaa and a Bunga?

How should we pronounce this word 'bunga'?

a dumalla is what you would see nihang singhs wearing on a normal day:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/236778..._b0dbe02ec2.jpg

a bunga is what i am wearing in my avatar picture. (please reer to my earlier post Jun 14 2009, 02:03 PM)

bunga is pronounced like boonga (copy and paste to word document under gurmukhi script bUMgw)

a dumalla is what you would see nihang singhs wearing on a normal day:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/236778..._b0dbe02ec2.jpg

a bunga is what i am wearing in my avatar picture. (please reer to my earlier post Jun 14 2009, 02:03 PM)

bunga is pronounced like boonga (copy and paste to word document under gurmukhi script bUMgw)

Thanks a bunch ji.