Any Difference In Core Message Of Guru Nanak Ji & Bhagat Ravidas Ji?

Bhagat Ravidaas jee was born on Ravivaar (Sunday) into family whose members were declared untouchable by the ancient Indian caste-system philosophy. According to the ancient caste system, humans were 'in principle' high or low according to their birth and no action could alter this inferiority or superiority. Bhagat jee was born into the family of Bhai Santokh Daas jee and Bibi Kalsi Devi Jee, who were poor leather-makers ('Chamaars') by caste and occupation. He was barely five days old when Bhagat Ramanand jee visited his house and blessed the child.

ਜਿਹ ਕੁਲ ਸਾਧੁ ਬੈਸਨੌ ਹੋਇ ॥

ਬਰਨ ਅਬਰਨ ਰੰਕੁ ਨਹੀ ਈਸੁਰੁ ਬਿਮਲ ਬਾਸੁ ਜਾਨੀਐ ਜਗਿ ਸੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

"That family, into which a devotee of Waheguru is born, whether of high or low social class, whether rich or poor, shall have its pure fragrance spread all over the world. ||1||Pause||"

(Bhagat Ravidaas jee, Ang 858)

01-Bhagat%20Ravidaas.jpg

Adulthood

When Bhagat jee was old enough, he got married and his father inspired him to join the family business. But Bhagat Ravidaas jee was absorbed in devotion of Waheguru. The money he received from his father for business, he spent in the welfare of the Saints and needy. His father was extremely angry with him and threw him out of the house. Bhagat jee did not regret his actions and quietly left home and began to live in a small hut with his wife where they decided to set up a small shop of making and repairing shoes.

ਨਾਗਰ ਜਨਾਂ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਾਤਿ ਬਿਖਿਆਤ ਚੰਮਾਰੰ ॥

ਰਿਦੈ ਰਾਮ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਗੁਨ ਸਾਰੰ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

"O humble townspeople! I am obviously just a Chamaar, shoemaker, (which you people consider low), but in my heart I cherish the Glories of Waheguru (and for this reason I am no longer low). ||1||Pause||"

(Bhagat Ravidaas jee, Ang 1293)

The Revealing of 'Dhur Kee Baanee'

With True Guru's Grace, Bhagat jee reached God-consciousness (Brahm-Gyaan) and experienced Waheguru's Divine Light. He was blessed with the gift of revealing Gurbani sent by Waheguru for the benefit of humanity. Forty Shabads were revealed through Bhagat jee that were later incorporated in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee by Guru Arjan Dev jee. One may think why wasn't Bhagat Ravidaas jee called 'Guru' if he revealed Gurbani? The late Giani Sant Singh Maskeen gave the following analogy to explain the difference between Guru and Bhagat. There is one child who opens his eyes and realizes he is sitting in his mother's lap, and other has to crawl to his mother and then sits in her lap. Then Ten Sikh Gurus had Brahm-Gyaan from the very beginning. They opened their eyes and they were already sitting in the lap of Waheguru. On the other hand, the Bhagats were those who in some point of their life, after spiritual work and effort, experienced the Divine Light and sat in the lap of Waheguru Once they reached this level, Waheguru revealed the Shabad Guru to humanity through these chosen Bhagats. As a consequence there is no difference between the Shabad (Gurbaani) revealed through the Sikh Gurus and the Bhagats. Both are 'Gurbani'.

ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਗੁਪਤੁ ਉਪਾਏ ਵੇਖੈ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾ ॥

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਭੀਨੇ ਹਰਿ ਜਲੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਨਾ ॥੩॥

"The Lord who created the whole creation and watches over all is hidden in each and every heart; He reveals Himself in the humble saints who fall at the feet of the Guru. Those saints chant the Name of the Lord and are drenched with the Lord's Love. Their minds are drenched with the Ambrosial Water of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||3||"

(Guru Nanak Dev jee, Ang 1171)

00-Bhagat%20Ravidas%20Ji.jpg

The Queen of Chitaur

The queen of Chitaur, Maharani Jhally, had heard of Bhagat Ravidaas jee's greatness. On pilgrimage to Banaaras she visited Bhagat Ravidaas jee and heard Gurbani being sung. Hearing the Divine Praises of Waheguru she became a follower of Bhagat jee. However, the king got enraged on hearing that that his wife had made a low-caste cobbler her Guru. The queen tried to convince her husband of Bhagat jee's greatness which made his mind confused whether or not Bhagat jee was a great saint or not. In order to test Bhagat jee, the king invited him to Chitaur and requested to participate in a religious feast. The Brahmin priests refused to eat alongside a low-caste. Hearing this Bhagat jee moved away. But miraculously, the Brahmins started seeing every person distributing food look like Bhagat jee. They complained to the king. The king understood the mystery and meaning of the incident and became a follower of Bhagat jee.

ਮੇਰੀ ਜਾਤਿ ਕੁਟ ਬਾਂਢਲਾ ਢੋਰ ਢੋਵੰਤਾ ਨਿਤਹਿ ਬਾਨਾਰਸੀ ਆਸ ਪਾਸਾ ॥

ਅਬ ਬਿਪ੍ਰ ਪਰਧਾਨ ਤਿਹਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਡੰਡਉਤਿ ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਸਰਣਾਇ ਰਵਿਦਾਸੁ ਦਾਸਾ ॥੩॥੧॥

"It is my occupation to prepare and cut leather; each day, I carry the carcasses out of the city. But (O Waheguru!) Your slave who was born in that social-class has come into the sanctuary of Your Naam (Divine-Name), and now the important Brahmins of the city bow down before me. ||3||1||"

(Bhagat Ravidaas jee, Ang 1293)

00-%20Bhagat%20Ravidaas%20ji%20lived%20up%20to%20151%20years.jpg

Undying Faith in Naam

It is said that once a wealthy man felt sorry at Bhagat Ravidaas jee living in poverty and so offered Bhagat jee with the gift of a 'paaras' (the philosopher's stone that turns cheaper metal into Gold). The man assured Bhagat jee that he could get any amount of wealth by making use of it. Bhagat jee asked him to place it in a corner. A few month later, when the same man came to see Bhagat Ravidaas jee, he found the Bhagat jee still living in poverty. He asked Bhagat jee why he had not used the philosopher's stone. Bhagat jee replied, "God's Name alone is the paaras."

ਕਹੁ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਸਭੈ ਨਹੀ ਸਮਝਸਿ ਭੂਲਿ ਪਰੇ ਜੈਸੇ ਬਉਰੇ ॥

ਮੋਹਿ ਅਧਾਰੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਾਰਾਇਨ ਜੀਵਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਧਨ ਮੋਰੇ ॥੩॥੧॥

"O Ravidaas! Say- (those who have been plundered by desires) all run around deluded like madmen and do not understand (that the true support of Life is Waheguru's Name); I have the Lord's Name as my only Support; He is my life, my breath of life, my wealth. ||3||1||"

(Bhagat Ravidaas jee, Ang 974)

Bhagat jee lived to a ripe old age of 151 years, and died in 1529 at Chittor, in Rajasthan. An umbrella-like tomb in his memory still stands there. It was Bhagat Ravidaas jee' firm faith in Waheguru that he was able to ultimately achieve oneness and union with the Creator.

ਜੈਸਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਸੁੰਭ ਕਾ ਤੈਸਾ ਇਹੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥

ਮੇਰੇ ਰਮਈਏ ਰੰਗੁ ਮਜੀਠ ਕਾ ਕਹੁ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਚਮਾਰ ॥੪॥੧॥

"O Ravidaas, the tanner! Say- (As I deal with the Lord's Name, I know that) the love of this world is like the pale, temporary color of the safflower. However, the color of my Lord's Love is permanent, like the dye of the madder plant. ||4||1||"

(Bhagat Ravidaas jee, Ang 346)

Reality is there is no difference between Satguru Jee's Beloved.There is no difference in Message of Bhagat Ravidas & Sikhi. Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the culmination of the Bhagti Movement & the Gurus and Khalsa is the culmination of centuries of oppression against the common man.

There are those who in modern times decided to create hatred between common men to keep them divided and easy to rule over. This is why there are so many State-funded Deray in Punjab.

These State-funded Deray & Fake Gurus mean the common man is divided on faith but during elections the parties only have to say the word and the Faker Guru can canvas all his supporters in one go.

The real Brahmins are manipulating the common man away from the message of Bhagat Ravidas Ji.

There is no real difference between one Bhagat & another. Only Maya.

The problem is now we have Mayadhari people who have no dharam as our leaders be they SGPC or Fake Gurus or Deray these people are dividing the common man on caste lines. SGPC is run by Political Akali Dal which wants Punjab State & all Sikh institutions to be controlled by Parkash Badal so people are divided on caste lines otherwise they would lose their grip. Deray & Fake Gurus receive huge money from State & Agencies and are very wealthy thanks to the hatred and divisions they create.

While Fake Gurus like that of "Sant Nirankari Mission" are given Diplomatic Passport by the State to go spread hatred all over the world whilst the common man cannot even support their families. so why should we bow to these pakhandi humans?

When Bhagat Ravidas Ji was himself a Shishya of Bhagat Ramanand Ji whose Bani is also in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the other Shishya who attained Giaan side-by-side such as Bhagat Kabir and their Bani is also in Guru Granth Sahib then who can separate what God Himself has formed?

Reject Hatred.

We are One.

Guru%20Nanak%20Dev%20Ji.jpg

well in my opinion there is no difference at all ... but am just wondering why would you tend to think in that direction at all... i mean Guru Arjan Dev ji was way ahead in intelligence than us to judge whose message is differentiated or not from that of Guru Nanak Dev ji.........

• 10 years later...

chamars get offended and angry when we call him bhagat   they want us to call him guru!  i dnt understand why they try to force their religious views on us.  

some sikh parcharks in india to be politically correct even call bhagat ravidas ji    "guru ravidas"     

but no there is no difference between their teachings, same with all the other bhagats. 

you see a lot of political correctness in sikh parcharks   which i think is really stupid.