Work Hard And Make The Effort

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Once, a 26-27 year old youth came to Baba Nand Singh Ji and exclaimed, " I have heard that you have seen Guru Nanak Dev Ji." Baba Ji did not commit, he thought to himself that if he says yes then it is being conceited and if he says no then it is false. Baba Ji enquired, "Why do you ask?" He replied, "I am asking, because if you have seen Him, help me to see Him also." Baba Ji asked him, "How much have you studied?" He said , " Till M.A." To this Baba Ji said, " I have studied only five alphabets."

babaji9.jpg

(Sant Wadhwa Singh Ji was Baba Nand Singh Jis educational – guru. He didn't take a slate and chalk; or a paper – pencil to teach him. He just wrote five alphabets on the ground and said 'set you free from the bond of yam; this much is enough for you.' After reading this, do not presume that mahapurush was illiterate, according to him, only so much worldly knowledge was required. The depth in which he has scrutinized and understood Gurbani and Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, keeping the conventional rules and rites in mind, is beyond the common mans thinking. Where the worldly knowledge ends, the spiritual knowledge begins from there, that is the first standard in the house of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the knowledge begins from there. There is a lot of difference between a scholar and a mahapurush.)

Baba Ji told that youth, "You are a post-graduate, and I have not even studied in first standard. Lets strike a deal, you make me do M.A. instantly and I on my part will show you Guru Nanak Dev Ji." The youth got offended, he said, "How can you do M.A like this, you have to work hard, first complete your schooling, then do your graduation, only then can you take classes in M.A." Baba Ji said, "Similarly you can not see Guru Nanak Dev Ji instantly, for that also you have to work hard and make a lot of effort."

Source: 9 characteristics features of Sri Sukhmani Sahib Ji - Bhai Guriqubal Singh Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I love listening to Bhai Guriqbal Singh jee. Such a humble, simple personality. takes to the depths of Gurbani, of each word that he starts to do katha about.

I listened to him from sikhsangeet.com and also from sikhee.com

Gur Fateh

• 1 month later...