Guru Granth Sahib Disrespect And Bob Ainsworth ( Coventry Incident)

Some further details and developments to this issue ( see earlier post ) http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=44857

The meeting was origonally planned for the Ramgharia community centre in Foleshill but for some reason was changed the day before by Sucha Singh Bains.

people who were present at the occasion included the following:

Gian Singh Shokur (Presedent)

Mahar Singh Kang (vice stage sec)

Surinder Singh Sahota (mantainence secretary )

Lakhbir Singh (Giani of GNP)

Tersem Singh Shokur ( Indian Community Centre )

Baldev Singh Sahota ( Indian Community Centre )

Avtar Singh Sanghera ( Leader Babbar Khalsa UK )

Sucha Singh Bains (labour councillor)

Ram Parkash Lakha (Ex lord mayor)

Its incredible that not one of the above either noticed or spoke out .

It also seems strange that so few Sikhs are offended or angered by this disrespect ,hot on the heels of Bow and recent events at Darbar Sahib ? I think most people either don't believe it ( even though nobody's denying it!) or have grown so used to this kind of thing they can't be bothered anymore and certainly some people seem to think this is somehow a small matter, which could be due to the lack of detail in the apology given on stage to the Sangat . What have we come to?

Strong letters of complaint have been handed to the committee by those who witnessed it first hand but the committee they cannot respond to them officially until at least 11 members are available ( again it shows how trivial they think it is if they can't even call a special meeting to discuss the complaints officially ) Many personal approaches have been made to the President by outraged Sikhs including prof (Leamington) who after asking for some explanation of how this disrespect was allowed to happen have suggested the above named should offer themselves before the Panje and Sadh Sangat and accept whatever judgement or punishment is given, only to be told by the President that the simple apology made to the Sangat on the Sunday was enough.

Put simply Sikhism to these people is only about Politics, power and money and nothing at all to do with Faith or Belief

We are trying to organise a peaceful demonstration or program such as a Simran day or Car park sit down, but we would welcome any suggestions or ideas for other peaceful forms of protest or action.

We will keep you updated of any further developments.

Bob Ainsworth will inevitably enter another Gurdwara and should be either blacklisted or asked to make a public apology before doing so.

As for the Committee members concerned we believe they should resign Now and without delay as every day they remain in their positions is a further insult to the Sangat, the wider Panth and Guru Granth Sahib and indeed to all decent minded people of Faith.

If you would like to join our Facebook group the name is Guru Granth Sahib Disrespected ( Again! ) In COVENTRY

Jee - even though Bob Ainsworth committed Beadbi of Guru Jee, it is primarily the fault of our community "leaders" for not educating him. Our energy is best served by exposing the corrupt practices of the individual committee members involved, rather than bombarding Bob Ainsworth. His line will always be that he did not mean to offend, and was compliant always with the requests of his "hosts".

A simple apology from the Committee is not sufficient. Those involved should Pesh in front of Panj Pyarae to take punishment or should resign from their position of Seva.

Please keep the UK Sangat posted as to the protests planned against the Committee until they accept either of the points above. If co-ordinated properly, this could be a turning point in expressing the Sangat's disgust at corrupt and non-Panthic committees.

Waheguroo

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My apologies firstly for not making a post earlier in relation to the beadbi.

Yes, the committee is responsible for the disrespect by Bob Ainsworth for not telling him to cover his head and take of his shoes.

This should have been done on him simply entering the Gurdwara.

BUT this is still not a viable excuse for the fact he was not able to read the signs or even notice every individual around him was not wearing shoes and had their head covered.

He is not a new councilor, he has been on the scene for years. This is not his first enounter with sikhs, i have personally spoken with him on many occasions at the Lobby Days etc - he knows who and what sikhs are. He has been to the Gurdwara before. This was a deliberate act of ignorance. He knew what he was doing. No excuses should be made for his behaviour.

If he wants to be a community representative, firstly, he should know a few things about the community he represents and approaches.

Yesterday i received a letter through the post from him (posing to be him, just a photocopied letter sent to all coventry residents) stating how crime etc is on the rise and other crap. At the bottom, it has methods to contact him by phone, email, fax and letter.

Sangat ji, i believe the best thing to do is to continue to lobby him with complaints of his behaviour until he formally releases an apology in the local papers for his actions.

If this was done in a mosque, believe, it would have been dealt with instantly (but then to be honest, i doubt muslims would have allowed any form of beadbi in the first place).

He came to the Gurdwara to get votes. We should stand united to demonstrate he will not get the votes of Sikhs until he formally apologises.

Again, my apologies for not posting earlier, this should have been posted before.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Jee - even though Bob Ainsworth committed Beadbi of Guru Jee, it is primarily the fault of our community "leaders" for not educating him. Our energy is best served by exposing the corrupt practices of the individual committee members involved, rather than bombarding Bob Ainsworth. His line will always be that he did not mean to offend, and was compliant always with the requests of his "hosts".

A simple apology from the Committee is not sufficient. Those involved should Pesh in front of Panj Pyarae to take punishment or should resign from their position of Seva.

Please keep the UK Sangat posted as to the protests planned against the Committee until they accept either of the points above. If co-ordinated properly, this could be a turning point in expressing the Sangat's disgust at corrupt and non-Panthic committees.

Waheguroo

i completely agree with GuruManeyoGranth in that, it is the committee's fault for allowing such a beadbi to occur and it is on these indivuals that our focus should be on.