Rama Nand Beadbi Of Sggs Maharaj Applies Tilak

SaRpAnCh

The tilak is a mark of sovereignty in indian culture, unless you're completely hinduphobic. Does it mean that Baba Budha Ji was commiting beadbi by putting a tilak on the Gurus' Heads?

In Udasi and Nirmalas cultures this has been occuring for centuries.

It is not a symbol in the Khalsa Panth end of the sects and others can do what they like but this is beadbi,but your a sanathan who believes Sikhism stems from the Hindu faith so I wouldnt expect you to understand.I don't believe Baba Budha Ji put a tikka on the Gurus heads - thats my belief and i stand by it

The tilak is a mark of sovereignty in indian culture, unless you're completely hinduphobic. Does it mean that Baba Budha Ji was commiting beadbi by putting a tilak on the Gurus' Heads?

:rolleyes: whats has Indian culture have to do with anything that is Sikhi?

The difference here is we have police officers, politicians, random people who have a status in the community applying the Tilak to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as well as 108 SB + 111 SB (title names given to these people are too long, :lol: ). Are you reducing Bramhgyani Baba Budha Ji who did seva for Satguru Ji to on par with these 'normal' folk? Because that would be foolish now wouldn't it :) think you know that too :p

Agreed, Udasi and Nirmala sampardars have been doing this tradition for centuries and it is important that cyba sangat first try to understand why and remember Nanaksar Maryada. But it is clear that 108 + 111 have only got good associates to do it for some kind of 'self' poamp or gain be it any other that comes to mind, not even any of the other Sadhs or 1..... SB + 1..... Sant Babae that are present. If you don't know what daas is talking about watch the originals here.... http://www.youtube.com/user/SantKhalsaParkash

Also just out of curiosity, what is your perspective on the Chandoya Sahib over Mustanwale Sant's Angeeta Sahib in Maharaj's Darbar (in one of the original videos)?

Taken from http://www.sikhlionz.com/bababudhaji.htm

Bhai Budha occupies a unique position in Sikh history. He applied tilak of guruship to five Gurus, saw seven Gurus and remained in close association with first six Sikh Gurus from 1521 to 1628 for over one hundred years. He was the first priest of Han Mandar, and laid the foundations of Dera Baba Nanak and most of the holy buildings at Amritsar. His original name was Bura. He was born on October 22, 1506 A.D. His father's name was Sugha Randhawa and mother's Gauran. They lived in Kathu Nangal village of Amritsar District. After some time they settled down in Dhalla village not far away from river Ravi opposite Kartarpur.

Shock horror!!

Later on Nanak decided to nominate his successor. He chose Bhai Lehna for this purpose. One day the Guru held a special langar and then a durbar. He placed a coconut and five paise before Bhai Lehna, called him Angad and appointed him the next Guru. At the Guru's bidding Bhai Budha applied the tilak on Angad's forehead.

Some of the blind Hinduphobia and historic revisionism in the Panth astounds me.

However, with that being said, I don't think applying tilaks to Sri Guru Granth Sahib would fall within any established maryada.

How does mentioning indian culture make you a sanatanist. Is Jathedar Kulwant Singh from Hazoor Sahib a sanatnist? Everything Sikhs do is from Indian culture, from bowing to taking our shoes off in the Gurudwara. that doesnt mean we're hindus. If you can't accpet that Sikhism is distinct from hinduisim while still retaining some aspects of indian culture, then you have a delusional guilt complex. (you must be filled with soo much closet self-loathing)

As for the Baba Budha Ji comment i'm referring to the action of applying tilak not comparing the people.

Also, I don't know what chandoya sahib you're referring to.

Exactly - while Sikhi is of course a distinct religion, it's birth took place in the Indian sub-continent.

Therefore, as with other religions such as Buddhism and Jainism, we all share a culture with the other oldest Indian religion, Hinduism.

The Abrahamic faiths are also in a similar position as they were all born in the Middle-East.

As long as Sikhs know who we are and that we are indeed distinct (teesra panth as described by Guru ji), there is no reason to be Hinduphobic - being that way just shows insecurity.