Unholy Nexus : Sadhs And Politicians Of Punjab

Tony

Tony:

1. What does putting a Tilak on Guru Granth Sahib ji does. What does it gain. What Shardha is it that you should do that. Why should one do that.

It's simply a tradition and done as a mark of respect. I believe Baba Buddha Ji also applied tilak to the foreheads of the Gurus when they were given Gurgaddi.

2. Matha Tek to a person in Guru Ji's Hazoori to anyone else, is that viable? Should Sikhs do that?

I don't believe people should be matha tekking to any person anywhere, but some Sikhs do it as a mark of respect to a Gursikh who has shown them the way to Sikhi. People used to matha tek to Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale too until he started touching people on the head with a teer to get them to stop. :D Some Sikhs still insisted on matha tekking anyway out of pure pyaar. It might be wrong, but there is only so much you can do to teach people that.

Regards,

K.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Applying the tilak to Guru Granth Sahib ji doesn't do anything so to speak. It's just tradition and a symbol of how the Super-Power was passed on.

Matha Teking should not be done in Hazoori and yes I know people who have seen women matha teking to Sant Isher Singh Ji as he walked into the divan. There's nothing against that mahapurash if a premi matha teks from a mile away. The love of the devotee cannot be concieved by the normal intellect.

The sgpc part was mentioned because I've been told by a few people that that's all you're concerned with.

and and and you're an i.d.i.o.t.

Fateh . . .

Applying tilak to Guru Granth Sahib Ji doesnt do anything to speak.....

What does it do then.

Chaps dont bring tradition into this. We are sikhs, we have been taught to be out of the caste, creed, race, religion, and TRADITION. So if you are Kashi or Mathura, and a GurSikh, will it be ok to do the rest of the manmat traditions. And then if someone questioned, it will be ok cos it is just tradition. Will it ok to have Guru Granth Sahib and a statue next to it - cos traditionally you are in a part of world where idol worship is normal.

Back to what does it do..... it takes you away from the payar and satkar, the protocol that Sikhs have been told to follow.

Understand that we do Matha Tek due to Satkar.

Ppl did try to do Matha Tek to many Mahapursh. But the real Mahapursh never allowed ppl to do Matha Tek to them. The love of the devotee is naive (pure) payar, but it is the duty of the MahaPursh to show the devotee the right path too.

Can you answer this - is it ok for Mahapursh to be in Maharaj's huzuri and still allow ppl to Matha Tek to them. Should they not stop ppl from doing so?

Is it Ok for Mahapurshs to allow ppl to make the rumala sahib touch the Mahapurshs feet and then submit the same Rumala to Guru Granth Sahib? Is it not the mahapursh's duty to correct the devottee if they do so.

And dude pls dont listen to ppl. You are obv too much into chinese whispers (aka GOSSIP).

As I said before you're an imbecile, but we'll address that some other time.

The tilak is a mark of sovereignty and doesn't have much spiritual significance, it was applied on Kings and Sants.

Actually, there were statues of ganesh beside Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the Golden Temple (not that I support this), until the British came and removed them. So I think you should be matha teking to them.

If applying some paste on your head drives you away from your Gurus pyar and satkar, you're a fool.

Of course Sants don't allow matha teking, but what can you do if they're a mile away.

As for the ramalla touching feet, I assume someone has done this, which I surely comdemn.

That chinese whispers thing didn't fit, you just look like more of an i.d.i.o.t. now

Actually, there were statues of ganesh beside Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the Golden Temple (not that I support this), until the British came and removed them......

Veer Ji, this is wrong - it's only with the support of the British that the mahants installed idols. Look at paintings (from Sikh raj ) and the earliest photos (just after Maharaja Ranjit Singh ji's time) and you will see there are no idols. The Harmandir Sahib was in control of Akaali Nihangs until the British.

Fateh . . . .

Can we ignore my personal stance on this.

I am just after getting answer to my question, which you lot have failed to answer:

1. What does putting a Tilak on Guru Granth Sahib ji signify. On one hand we worship Sri Guru Granth Sahib as our Guru - should we apply tilak to our Guru.

The protocol is Rumala sahib. Why does our Sharda tries to break the norm protocol and we try to do other things beyond the given protocol.

2. Matha Tek to a person in Guru Ji's Hazoori to anyone else, is that viable?

Should Sikhs start doing that in Guru Ji's Hazoori? Is this acceptable.

Again my point is that there is a protocol (Rehat Maryada) - Doing the above are we going over the Rehat Maryada and stating that we know better?

Pls dont slant me here and try to highjack the post (You can do that in a seperate post) but just answer my questions to the point.

Fateh . . . .

Understand that there are ppl who are puran BrahamGayanis and have a lot of Kamai.

Just a few pointers that I will like answers to:

1. At Hazoor sahib - the Tilak is done while Asa di // is being recited. The Shabad recited at the time when the Ardasia does the tilak is:

Chandan Ka birha Bhala . . . . . oi Bhi Chandan hoye rehe. ..... . .

Pls look at the meaning of this shabad at STTM and understand that just by putting a tilak on doesnt make us holier or any better.

Now if you look at the Maryada of Hazoor Sahib when the doors are opened in the morning, the first thing that goes in is a BATA (bowl) of Sukha. Pls dont start saying that we should follow that too now.

For the Tilak Maryada and the other points that happen at Hazoor sahib: Hazoor Sahib is in old Hindustan, and was under the control of Mahants for a long time who created their own Maryada. It really hasnt changed since those days.

If we disregard the above, I want to know is that where does the Maryada of putting Tilak on Guru Sahib comes from. Why are you putting stains on the Guru ji's Bani. What is that achieving. You all seem to have a good grasp of English. Pls enlighten me WHAT DOES PUTTING TILAK ON GIVES. Dont bring any Braham Gayani or Kamai into this. Just simply explain; as a normal person: what does it gain. Both on a normal person and a Gursikh.

2. Guru Granth Sahib is our (mine) Supreme Lord. Whilst Guru Ji is in Parkash and we are in Hazoori of Guru Granth Sahib ji why should I Matha tek to someone else (again regardless of who that person should be).

2b. Did Sant Atar Singh ji or Sant Isher singh ji allowed anyone to do Matha Tek to them whilst in or outside the Hazoori of Guru Grant Sahib ji, You will find the ansewr is NO. And if someone tried they were pretty harsh to them. Listen to their own katha and you will find that out.

So again a humble request to my dear friends here: I am thick: pls provide me with information on: I dont want an argument. I just want your personal opinion on:

1. What does putting a Tilak on Guru Granth Sahib ji does. What does it gain. What Shardha is it that you should do that. Why should one do that.

2. Matha Tek to a person in Guru Ji's Hazoori to anyone else, is that viable? Should Sikhs do that?

Fateh . . . . . . .

Couldnt agree with you more.

This manmat is all due to the "Bahman" mentality.

Being from a Hindu ("Bahman" to be specific LOL) background, I know that applying Tilak is equivalent to sanctifying someone. Shabad Guru is the highest sacred authority, so I am not sure why would someone want to pretend sanctifying it any more. Is that implying that Shabad Guru was not sacred before and these people are going to make it more sacred?

Sorry I don't understand.