Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Unholy Nexus : Sadhs And Politicians Of Punjab

Fateh . . . .

Can we ignore my personal stance on this.

I am just after getting answer to my question, which you lot have failed to answer:

1. What does putting a Tilak on Guru Granth Sahib ji signify. On one hand we worship Sri Guru Granth Sahib as our Guru - should we apply tilak to our Guru.

The protocol is Rumala sahib. Why does our Sharda tries to break the norm protocol and we try to do other things beyond the given protocol.

2. Matha Tek to a person in Guru Ji's Hazoori to anyone else, is that viable?

Should Sikhs start doing that in Guru Ji's Hazoori? Is this acceptable.

Again my point is that there is a protocol (Rehat Maryada) - Doing the above are we going over the Rehat Maryada and stating that we know better?

Pls dont slant me here and try to highjack the post (You can do that in a seperate post) but just answer my questions to the point.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I already answered the first part of #1 previously. as for the second part I ask the same question.

#2 Not acceptable, but as i said before people still do it, regardless of what the Sant/saadh says.

and which rehat maryada are you referring to

Fateh . . . .

Understand that there are ppl who are puran BrahamGayanis and have a lot of Kamai.

Just a few pointers that I will like answers to:

1. At Hazoor sahib - the Tilak is done while Asa di // is being recited. The Shabad recited at the time when the Ardasia does the tilak is:

Chandan Ka birha Bhala . . . . . oi Bhi Chandan hoye rehe. ..... . .

Pls look at the meaning of this shabad at STTM and understand that just by putting a tilak on doesnt make us holier or any better.

Now if you look at the Maryada of Hazoor Sahib when the doors are opened in the morning, the first thing that goes in is a BATA (bowl) of Sukha. Pls dont start saying that we should follow that too now.

For the Tilak Maryada and the other points that happen at Hazoor sahib: Hazoor Sahib is in old Hindustan, and was under the control of Mahants for a long time who created their own Maryada. It really hasnt changed since those days.

If we disregard the above, I want to know is that where does the Maryada of putting Tilak on Guru Sahib comes from. Why are you putting stains on the Guru ji's Bani. What is that achieving. You all seem to have a good grasp of English. Pls enlighten me WHAT DOES PUTTING TILAK ON GIVES. Dont bring any Braham Gayani or Kamai into this. Just simply explain; as a normal person: what does it gain. Both on a normal person and a Gursikh.

2. Guru Granth Sahib is our (mine) Supreme Lord. Whilst Guru Ji is in Parkash and we are in Hazoori of Guru Granth Sahib ji why should I Matha tek to someone else (again regardless of who that person should be).

2b. Did Sant Atar Singh ji or Sant Isher singh ji allowed anyone to do Matha Tek to them whilst in or outside the Hazoori of Guru Grant Sahib ji, You will find the ansewr is NO. And if someone tried they were pretty harsh to them. Listen to their own katha and you will find that out.

So again a humble request to my dear friends here: I am thick: pls provide me with information on: I dont want an argument. I just want your personal opinion on:

1. What does putting a Tilak on Guru Granth Sahib ji does. What does it gain. What Shardha is it that you should do that. Why should one do that.

2. Matha Tek to a person in Guru Ji's Hazoori to anyone else, is that viable? Should Sikhs do that?

Fateh . . . . . . .

Couldnt agree with you more.

This manmat is all due to the "Bahman" mentality.

Being from a Hindu ("Bahman" to be specific LOL) background, I know that applying Tilak is equivalent to sanctifying someone. Shabad Guru is the highest sacred authority, so I am not sure why would someone want to pretend sanctifying it any more. Is that implying that Shabad Guru was not sacred before and these people are going to make it more sacred?

Sorry I don't understand.

I think Uk Gupt Kaur is a bahman who believes too much bipran ki reet. You should focus more on gurmat and stop promoting bahmanism, shame on you.

I think Uk Gupt Kaur is a bahman who believes too much bipran ki reet. You should focus more on gurmat and stop promoting bahmanism, shame on you.

Leave UKGuptKaur alone,the tikka and all other pakhand they do is Bipran Ki Reet,and putting a tikka on SGGS ji is in my eyes pure bamanvadh/hinduism

sukha is the prashad given to us by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, butthis is for anothertopic.

the tilak has no spiritual meaning in sikhi. but we do have tilaks. we have blood tilaks. you put a tilak of your enemy's blood on your own head.

we have blood tilaks. you put a tilak of your enemy's blood on your own head.

:)

Lol how is she promoting 'bahmanism'??

If noticed that recently there has been more and more 'snathanism" on this forum and i really hope the young children or those who are just coming into Sikhi do not take in what some of these people are sayin!!

I know of sant balwant singh, he is a pooran brahm gyanee. The only idiots here are the three who posted above me.

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa, VaahegurooJeeKeeFaateh!

I think the sangat of the panth has become a joke. Any new baba who appears in Punjab becomes to be known as a Sant or Brahmgyani. Everyone here needs to read Bhai Gurdas Jee's vaara and truly understand who a sant or Brahmgyani is. The true sants and brahmgyanis come into the sangat and remain hidden within the sangat and no one can really tell they are true sants. What happens now is a "Baba" comes into sangat, with a white kurta and white gol dastar, does a little bit of keertan and dharnaa and automatically gets the title sant blah blah Singh.

Bhai Gurdas Jee was a gurmukh pyara of Guru Sahibs times, Bhai Gurdaas jee had easily reached the pinnacles of sikhi sehaj avasta - Dasum Duar and had much more kamai than the modern day so called brahmgyanis. Guru Sahib even asked bhai sahib to include his vaara into guru granth sahib jee, however bhai sahib had refused. The point I am making look at the avasta Bhai Gurdas Jee reached, however Gurdas was still referred to as BHAI Gurdas Jee, not Sri 108 Brahmgyani Mahapursh Sant Gurmukh Bhai Gurdas Jee. Look at Baba Budha Jee, Bhai Mani Singh, Bhai Tara Singh, all referred to as bhai not sant or Brahmgyani.

The panth needs to learn from this mistake otherwise these so called "Baba or Brahmgyanis" will become Baba Maan Singh's Pehowale's. Baba Maan Singh started as a naam japana wala singh, but when sangat started respecting him, haumai got to him and he got charged with rape. I could name many more baba.

On the side note there are gurmukhs and Sants in the panth who have amazing jeevans. However the majority are not.

Phul chuk Maaf.