Afterlife

Guest _Sarbjeet_

Guest _Sarbjeet_

Hello My grandma passed from cancer few days ago. This got me thinking about the afterlife and a singh told me the "jum doots" will take the soul to a court and then from there the soul will spend a certain time in "Swarg" (heaven) or "Narak" (Hell) before reincarnation. He also said true gursikhs can break the cycle of reincarnation and merge with god forever.

My grandma followed the ways of sikhi very closely but never took amrit I wonder what must have happened with her soul.

So is this a pretty accurate of what sikhi says of the afterlife or have some of you heard different? What have you heard?

Thank you all.

Ji, the reason to take amrit is to have a guide that has already reached GOD and will help us reach GOD as well. And for 'us' this guide, this mentor, this helping hand, this Satguru is Sahib Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

sat purakh jin jaani-aa satgur tis kaa naa-o.

The one who knows the True Lord God, is called the True Guru.

tis kai sang sikh uDhrai naanak har gun gaa-o. ||1||

In His Company, the Sikh is saved, O Nanak, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||1||

For the SOUL that has departed, you can do Continous Japji Sahib Paaths, as many as you like. It shall help her. And this soul will be thankful to you.

Sarbjeet know this, for this has come out of the True Guru's mouth and can never be false:

ਰਵਿ ਕੇ ਸੁਤ ਕੋ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਤ੍ਰਾਸੁ ਕਹਾ ਜੁ ਚਰੰਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਵਤ ਹੈ ॥੩॥

rav kae suth ko thinh thraas kehaa j charann guroo chith laavath hai ||3||

Those who focus their consciousness on the Guru's Feet, they do not fear the judgement of Dharamraj. ||3||

• 2 weeks later...

:| there are many possibilities of what could happen in the after life.

if you amrit shak:

-panj piares come and take you to sachkhand respectfully.You stay in sachkhand if you are a gud sikh

-If no then the sahibzadays will ask you questions and ask you to recite japji by memory.

-or you will be sent back in a human life to improve and become a gud singh

If you are not amritshak:

-Jam doots take you to dharamraj's court.

-if you have been gud then you become a human again or heaven or i don't know

-if you have been bad then you get sent to one of the 18 stages of hell and are punished.(if you have said bad words alot then you might get lava poured in your soul's mouth) and/or you also might get no life after that and just wander around like a ghost. the punishment also depend on your last thought. click here to see different types of punishment :|

:| there are many possibilities of what could happen in the after life.

if you amrit shak:

-panj piares come and take you to sachkhand respectfully.You stay in sachkhand if you are a gud sikh

-If no then the sahibzadays will ask you questions and ask you to recite japji by memory.

-or you will be sent back in a human life to improve and become a gud singh

If you are not amritshak:

-Jam doots take you to dharamraj's court.

-if you have been gud then you become a human again or heaven or i don't know

-if you have been bad then you get sent to one of the 18 stages of hell and are punished.(if you have said bad words alot then you might get lava poured in your soul's mouth) and/or you also might get no life after that and just wander around like a ghost. the punishment also depend on your last thought. click here to see different types of punishment :|

"-If no then the sahibzadays will ask you questions and ask you to recite japji by memory."

I have never heard that before. What is the source of this .

Brother,

rest assured, as your grandmother was a religious woman,

she was taken by angels to heaven,

Yama's messengers only come for evil, athiestic or tamasic souls,

amrit is not necessary for Swarg Lok--read the story of Ajamal in Sri Guru Granth Sahib,

amrit is for final liberation--Sach Khand-- which is far beyond Swarag Lok and is eternal, while Gurbani says heaven is only temporary,

you will see your grandmother in heaven Brother, have no worry in this regard,

Guru's Grace

Guest Papi

For people like me who have done evil deeds in their life, here is what Guru Sahib has to say about afterlife:

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1695

pauVI ]

pourree ||

Pauree:

AwpIn@Y Bog Boig kY hoie BsmiV Bauru isDwieAw ]

aapeenhai bhog bhog kai hoe bhasamarr bhour sidhhaaeiaa ||

Enjoying his pleasures, one is reduced to a pile of ashes, and the soul passes away.

vfw hoAw dunIdwru gil sMglu Giq clwieAw ]

vaddaa hoaa dhuneedhaar gal sa(n)gal ghath chalaaeiaa ||

He may be great [in this world], but when he dies, the chain is thrown around his neck, and he is led away.

AgY krxI kIriq vwcIAY bih lyKw kir smJwieAw ]

agai karanee keerath vaacheeai behi laekhaa kar samajhaaeiaa ||

There, his good and bad deeds are added up; sitting there, his account is read. [Dharmraaj instructs him to do good deeds instead of bad in the future]

Qwau n hovI paudIeI huix suxIAY ikAw rUAwieAw ]

thhaao n hovee poudheeee hun suneeai kiaa rooaaeiaa ||

He is whipped, but finds no place of rest, and no one hears his cries of pain.

min AMDY jnmu gvwieAw ]3]

man a(n)dhhai janam gavaaeiaa ||3||

[Doing] The blind [ie evil] man [he] has wasted his life away. ||3|| [here 'man' refers not to man, but to one's deeds]

For Gurmukh's, people who do good in life, here is what Guru Sahib has to say about afterlife:

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=779

pauVI ]

pourree ||

Pauree:

rwrw rMghu ieAw mnu Apnw ]

raaraa ra(n)gahu eiaa man apanaa ||

RARRA: Dye this heart of yours in the color of the Lord's Love.

hir hir nwmu jphu jpu rsnw ]

har har naam japahu jap rasanaa ||

Meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har - chant it with your tongue.

ry ry drgh khY n koaU ]

rae rae dharageh kehai n kooo ||

[if you do the above then] In the Court of the Lord, no one shall speak harshly to you.

Awau bYTu Awdru suB dyaU ]

aao bait(h) aadhar subh dhaeoo ||

Everyone shall welcome you, saying, ""Come, and sit down.""

auAw mhlI pwvih qU bwsw ]

ouaa mehalee paavehi thoo baasaa ||

In that Mansion of the Lord's Presence, you shall find a home.

jnm mrn nh hoie ibnwsw ]

janam maran neh hoe binaasaa ||

There is no birth or death, or destruction there.

msqik krmu iliKE Duir jw kY ]

masathak karam likhiou dhhur jaa kai ||

One who has such karma written on his forehead, [ie. this can not be done with your own effort, it is only received through kirpa]

hir sMpY nwnk Gir qw kY ]10]

har sa(n)pai naanak ghar thaa kai ||10||

O Nanak, has the wealth of the Lord in his home. ||10||

My own opinions on the 'afterlife' is that your mind will not be there. It will die here. It is your soul that goes.

This identity that you have in this life will be gone. No eyes to see. No ears to hear. No mouth to speak. No lungs to breathe and no heart to beat.

The soul is seperate from 'you'. Linked yes, but still a seperate entity. It is the soul that moves forward, not you.

I have thought about death enough to realise that my identity is real only here. When I die, it is my mind that will die. The 'Wicked Warrior' will exist no longer, but the soul will move on. Thus, make your life useful. Make it meaningful. Jap the Name of the Lord with your tongue. Do Seva with your hands. Be the righteous one. To do anything else is to waste your life and you might as well kill yourself now.

This is IMO. _/\_

Guest Sach?
satpunga singh ji, pls give the source of this, ive also heard this that ppl say guru sahib will pull his gursikh out of narak by the kes.

Ooohhhhh exciting!

Long hair huh! How can you grow hair? I mean list some good shampoos and all that. If I land in this unwanted place guru sahib will pull me out too from my lonnnnngg hair. I mean thats the only reason to have long hair so guru sahib can pull on them. So Shampoos? Dahin works? :umm: