Sikhism On Alcohol

Many people, Specially The Youth questions Whether Consuming Alcohol In sikhi is allowed or not ? Not only that but also many non-sikhs think that Sikhs are allowed to drink which is upsetting..But anyhoo here's a little video, exactly showing that alcohol is forbidden in Sikhi, Please Check it out !

For those who don't know...

DRINKING WILL ONLY HELP YOU!! :lol:

Drinking will help your.. liver get clogged up.

Drinking will help your.. heart not function well enough.

Drinking will help your.. CENTRAL nervous system mess up. (brain +SPINAL cord)

Drinking will help your.. brain not get the correct msgs at the correct times.

Drinking will help your.. blood vessels clog up and, basically, swell up really nicely.

Drinking will help you.. (when consuming a lot) not know you're feeling, and mix your emotions.

Now wouldn't it make sense that our Guru jis would, with open arms, allow alcohol into the daily lives of Sikhs?

REMINDER: I'm talking about our Guru jis who knew everything...and corrected scientists and astronomers.. doctors and other philosophers...

It WOULD make sense for Guru jis to have made at least ONE mistake right..

Cuz clearly.. Drinking alcohol really helps you. :lol:

In Punjab, liquor is cheap. It's all a part of the INDIAN GOV'T's PLAN TO DESTROY SIKH FAMILIES AND BREAK PPL AWAY FROM SIKHI..

I don't need to explain how the plan's working..

If you still don't understand.. Get a life...

Everyone knows that. One of my friends wasn't allowed to go out with me to the movies cuz her mom saw that I was a Sikh... I was like "umm...okay?"

Turns out that she thinks ALL SIKHS are heavy drinkers...and that's why her daughter wasn't allowed to hang out with me.. Okay... Perfect. That's all I needed..for ppl see me as a drunk.

Oh and... Anyone take note of the JATT SONGS?? They are about drinking.. drinking.... drinking...... drinking, and more drinking.

Many people, Specially The Youth questions Whether Consuming Alcohol In sikhi is allowed or not ? Not only that but also many non-sikhs think that Sikhs are allowed to drink which is upsetting..But anyhoo here's a little video, exactly showing that alcohol is forbidden in Sikhi, Please Check it out !

...... Where on Earth do ppl get the IDEA of even QUESTIONING whether alcohol in Sikhi is allowed or not..

**Please note slight sarcasm in my post**

Drinking will help your.. blood vessels clog up and, basically, swell up really nicely.

Drinking will help you.. (when consuming a lot) not know you're feeling, and mix your emotions.

Now wouldn't it make sense that our Guru jis would, with open arms, allow alcohol into the daily lives of Sikhs?

REMINDER: I'm talking about our Guru jis who knew everything...and corrected scientists and astronomers.. doctors and other philosophers...

In Punjab, liquor is cheap. It's all a part of the INDIAN GOV'T's PLAN TO DESTROY SIKH FAMILIES AND BREAK PPL AWAY FROM SIKHI..

Everyone knows that. One of my friends wasn't allowed to go out with me to the movies cuz her mom saw that I was a Sikh... I was like "umm...okay?"

Turns out that she thinks ALL SIKHS are heavy drinkers...and that's why her daughter wasn't allowed to hang out with me.. Okay... Perfect. That's all I needed..for ppl see me as a drunk.

Oh and... Anyone take note of the JATT SONGS?? They are about drinking.. drinking.... drinking...... drinking, and more drinking.

...... Where on Earth do ppl get the IDEA of even QUESTIONING whether alcohol in Sikhi is allowed or not..

No idea, but yah it would be nice if u came down to my area (Birmingham), then i'm sure you'll see that the state of many sikhs is messsed up and many of them yes question and i perosnally think it is good, as from questionning they learn, this is not just the case with many sikhs but also with non-sikhs, we tend to question other religions (maybe u do or dont), well i do just to gain information about their religion aswell aswell as my sikhi too so that i have enough gyan to be able to answer others when they question me on my beliefs and be able to pass on the code of coduct that our gurus have set us.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea, but yah it would be nice if u came down to my area (Birmingham), then i'm sure you'll see that the state of many sikhs is messsed up and many of them yes question and i perosnally think it is good, as from questionning they learn, this is not just the case with many sikhs but also with non-sikhs, we tend to question other religions (maybe u do or dont), well i do just to gain information about their religion aswell aswell as my sikhi too so that i have enough gyan to be able to answer others when they question me on my beliefs and be able to pass on the code of coduct that our gurus have set us.

The reasons for my sarcasm in my previous post was to show how ppl question Sikhi when it comes to consuming ALCOHOL..

It's OBVIOUSLY not a good thing to get into.. EVERYONE knows that, but they still question it. That was one of my reasons for the sarcasm.

Day by day..more and more teachings in Sikhism are being proven as 'correct/proper ways of life'.

The people who "doubt" something like alcohol being as a forbidden/unacceptable thing in the Sikhi way of life obviously are the ones who wish to drink it.

I've been to Birmingham 3 times now, and I can say that I'm glad I don't live there.

In part it comes down to our caste loving ways. We call ourselves proud Sikhs by being born into a Sikh family regardless of our practices. We call it Jatt/(pick your caste) pride, but dumb proud Punjabi Hindus is what we are. We with khanda's plastered somewhere as our identity are amongst the worst enemies of sikhi.