A Punjabi Praying To Jesus!

Guest _AK-47_

There is a punjabi guy who is non amritdhari but used to go to Gurdwara regularly and do paath everyday. Lately he suffered from some disease, a friend of his called up a father of a church and after a session with father, this punjabi guy felt that his disease began to cure.

He has started praying to Jesus and started reading scriptures from Bible!

I personally have nuthing against christianity or jesus, but I want this guy to know the power of sikhi and the power of Satguru. Any advice on how to do it ?? Any material ?

Thanks

my grandma fell and twister her leg. it was so bad she could not put her weight on it, she woudl fall every time she tried to do so. she meditated on the shabad Sri Har Krishan Dhiaaiaee Jis Dithay Sub Dhuk Jaaiee for a few months. One day she felt a strong current of energy in her leg and it straightened up on it's own. She can now walk on it normally as it is fully healed.

your friend had no faith in sikhi to begin with. he shouldn't have relied on paid workers to do ardass for him. he should have done paath, ardass, and other physical measures (perhais) to cure him.

• 8 years later...
Guest ΙΣΧΝ

You are talking about conversions, about get healthy, etc. Religion is not like supporting a football team. It's all about truth.

Health is not the primary criteria for choosing a religion. Let us challenge God, is my-your religion the real one?!

On 6/23/2009 at 6:40 AM, Guest curious said:

What is so wrong with someone finding peace and reassurance in another faith? At least it is a faith and it provides some guidance. Yes its not Sikhi, yes its different but whats wrong with that? At least the person has found a faith that gives him some peace and comfort, if its meant to be he shall understand Sikhi again but if not then that's down to his Karams. Everyone has their own understanding and opinion but Guru Sahibs did not tell us it was wrong to follow another faith or that other religions are inferior to Sikhi. I vaguely recall Guru Nanak Dev Ji saying something about being a good Muslim or a good Hindu, does that not mean Guru Ji has respect for other faiths? Would Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji have given their life for the protection of another religion if SIkhi was the only way to go?

I know brain washing and conversions are a big problem, but if someone genuinely finds peace in another religion (not that any of us know how another feels) we should be tolerant and understanding. We jump with joy when someone comes into Sikhi, how about being as understanding if another way happens to make more sense to someone. After all there is only one God no matter how many ways there are to find Him.

Guru Ji made it clear that the various messengers instead of joining people to Waheguru they did the sin of apna naam dridhaiya and fell away from their mission. I have heard that in Punjab the Christians say take these 'good'  medicines and pray to your Guru see if he heals you then try our way (they do a switcheroo for the good stuff) and hook people that way.

10 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Guru Ji made it clear that the various messengers instead of joining people to Waheguru they did the sin of apna naam dridhaiya and fell away from their mission. I have heard that in Punjab the Christians say take these 'good'  medicines and pray to your Guru see if he heals you then try our way (they do a switcheroo for the good stuff) and hook people that way.

From what little Dasam Granth I've read, it seemed to reference the followers of Christ being deluded, going the wrong way, but it didn't say this about Christ themself. 

I'm out and about, but it's in the section where it talks about each previous prophet and devte and where they went astray. The part about followers with dreadlocked hair holding nails being false I took to mean that supposed christians have focused on the passion of Christ and not on the actual example of devotion to God, and unconditional love Christ demonstrated. 

Really we should only pray to Vaheguru, Christ is someone to emulate not worship. 

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

From what little Dasam Granth I've read, it seemed to reference the followers of Christ being deluded, going the wrong way, but it didn't say this about Christ themself. 

I'm out and about, but it's in the section where it talks about each previous prophet and devte and where they went astray. The part about followers with dreadlocked hair holding nails being false I took to mean that supposed christians have focused on the passion of Christ and not on the actual example of devotion to God, and unconditional love Christ demonstrated. 

Really we should only pray to Vaheguru, Christ is someone to emulate not worship. 

truth is Jesus during life told his followers not to praise him only Akal Purakh but the followers changed the instruction especially Peter the thrice denier who established the catholic church , he disregarded the female followers/parchaariks contribution because he was fixed in his male superiority attitude .
MOhammed's fault was he did sunnat on all the men and yet did not give naam with any strong effort.

On 6/24/2009 at 11:21 AM, UKGupt Kaur said:

Gurbani.org

Just wanna let people know that this is a missionary site, unless I am wrong.