Sikhs Protest Against Taxation By Talibanin Pakistan

manni007

Sikhs in INDIA protest against Taliban treatement of SIKHS in PAKISTAN :

3,000 Sikhs seeking shelter/refuge in Panja Sahib Nanaksar, Pakistan gurdwara due fear of Muslim violence

Pakistani taliban making Sikhs pay tax for being SIKH??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18b_YQSSpjE

Protest by VHP in Jammu demanding fair treatment of sikhs in PAKISTAN

Taliban levy tax on sikhs

Sikhs fear Pakistan violence

Sikhs protest in Ambala Punjab India against President of Pakistan, burn his effigy and against Pakistan Govt and Taliban

I hope you people take 5 mins out of your busy lives to watch these videos, and SUGGEST what action we can take from here?

How about a march outside the Pakistani embassy?

How leaflets distributed in our gurdwaras?

I am willing to spend my time and money to help are you?

We cant go back in time and right the wrongs of the past, but THIS is somethign we CAN do somethign about!

It is not only Sikhs living in Pakistan, that are suffering. It is the people living in the SWAT area, of all religions. Out of a total of say 300,000 refugess, fleeing this area and now residing in camps, maybe a fraction of them are Sikhs.

Do not make this into a Sikh-Muslim issue.

As Sikhs, we pray everydau for 'Sarbat da bhalla'' not just for Sikhs.

U are completely wrong.

U obviously havent bothered watching the videos I have listed above.

3,000 sikhs are having to live in gurdwara as refugees, TO ME that si not a fraction, to me 3 are too many!

With respect to it being a sikh - muslim issue , why dont you watch the videos above with Sikhs saying that they are having to pay a TAX ( Jiziya ) for being Sikh?

The muslims living in Pakistan dont have to pay this tax, and it is PLAIN wrong

You are also wrong when you talk about SWAT valley, as this problem is not only limited to this area, it is widespread all over Pakistan

Here are some further facts :

In 1947, after partition SIKHS and Hindus represented 40 per cent of Pakistan population, today represent 1 per cent.

Christians represent 2 per cent and muslims represent 97 per cent.

What happened ? How did 40 per cent decrease to 1 per cent in 62 years?

MILLIONS of Sikhs have been forcibly converted, or killed in a matter of 62 years, and its because the Sikh leadership and the governments fo the so caled free world, ie England, India, America have ignored the issue.

WE MUST DO SOMETHING NOW :

(I) MAYBE CREATE FLYERS/PAMPHLETS TO AND DISTRIBUTE THEM TO OUR LOCAL GURDWARAS

(II) SHOW THESE youtube VIDEOS IN OUR GURDWARAS OR EMAIL THE LINKS to other sikhs

(III) SPEND SOME MONEY AND DONATE IT TO SIKH REFUGEES IN PAKISTAN

(IV) WRITE TO OUR MP'S TO PUT PRESSURE ON THE PAKSITANI EMBASSY

(V) ORGANISE A DEMO OUTSIDE PAKSITAN EMBASSY

I TRUST THERE WILL BE AT LEAST A HANFUL OF PEOPLE WHO WILL BE WILLING TO JOIN ME AND MAKE AN "EFFORT"

3000 sikhs AND muslims sheltering at Panja Sahib.

So why exactly would you like to protest outside the Pakistan Embassy?

Would you like to show your disapproval at how the Pakistan government has given each of those displaced sikhs money (while ignoring the many more muslim refugees) and shelter while it send its army into the NWFP to fight the taliban that demanded the tax from sikhs.

Many, many Pakistanis have lost their lives in the last few weeks fighting the taliban.

I'm sure the Pakistan embassy and people would appreciate your demonstration against them. If they never thought we sikhs were thick before, they certainly would now.

You believe the Pakistani govt GAVE sikhs money?? lol please provide evidence!

Panja sahib is sheltering 3000 sikhs and some muslims? This shows the KINDNESS of SIKHS not Muslims

Demonstrations? I'll tell you demonstrations against that fact that SIKHS are having to pay TAX Rs 1000 per year to Taliban for being Sikh, IF THE Pakistan govt want to help, why dont they pay this rs 1000 on behalf of these poor sikh families? If they cant stop the Taliban?

You belive this media garbage bout Pakistani govt fighting Taliban? well its the Pakistani govt that FUNDED them and raised them since 1994!

Ps : If the Pakistani govt kills 10, to please America NOT Sikhs, it raises 1000 new TALIBAN in its Madrassas!

I would like to demonstrate against Siksh being forced to pay tax fro being Siksh, liek itsp some sort of punishment, as the Pakistani govt are in power and are NOT willing to stop this, they should PAY this tax on our sikhs behalf!

ITS FUNNY HOW MANY SIKHS TODAY WILL FIND WAYS TO FIGHT WITH EACHOTHER TO JUSTIFY THE ACTIONS OF THE ENEMY!

Anyone who watches the abvoe videos and Justifys Islamic tyranny, and does not do anything ABOUT it, is a waste of space!

If you want to demonstrate, then do so agianst the Taliban, l am sure a lot of people of all religions will support you. We should be encouraging the Pakistan Government in their 'fight against the Taliban'.

You are right in that they created the Taliban, it looks as thou, they will also finish them.

The Pakistan govt bred the Taliban and trust me they will NEVER finish them, this is a farce that show the media, when they pretend to be out hunting them down.

As these Sikhs are citizens of PAKISTAN they deserve protection from PAKISTANI taliban, why cant the GOVT subsidise and pay the tax levied on SIKHS for being Sikh on their behalf?

Why do Sikhs have to live like refugees in 2009?? Why cant Pakistani govt that screams that is a nuclear power , provide adequate police protection?Lets start by preparing a flyer to distribute around our gurdwaras to create awareness, which will then fund a demo ?