Why Is It So Hard...

Guest shastr

its kaljug. so ur not along singho, im not gonna lie, i too find my self in that position sometimes, but after listening to katha, i realize that we need to do shabad di veechar

we have to think about gurbani, and not just gurbani in general, find a line or shabad that hits ur hard.

the one that gets to me is " mann mere, satgu kai bhanai chall" ang 37. maharaj is telling our minds, "hey mind, go along with the hukam on ur satgur, dont do things on ur own budhi, go along with ur satgur's teachings"

and as far as the 5 chors, its gonna a long hard battle man, every single day, we have to fight off these five chores and until we dont overcome them, we wont find our maharaj. but only will maharaj's help will we be albe to over come them.

lol, might seem like a maze sometimes, like a really complicated system.

BUT, THE BIGGEST THING IS STAYING IN MAHARAJ'S HUKAM. maharaj says hukmai andar sab ko, bahar hukam na koe" everthing only comes with time, and only when maharaj wants it to happen.

we just have to learn how to adapt to maharaj's hukam, and let me tell u, thats deff. easier said then done. but again, a pankti that goes with that, also on ang 37, "mann mere gur ki mann lai rajae" in which doing so will lead us to everything else.

1. Sadh Sangat to learn about the Lord's nature. What he likes and dislikes.

First of all, Sadh Sangat is done of the soul and not the body, therefore, it's beneficial for one to keep their eyes lower and never 'stare' at anyone in the sangat for no reason. These Gurmukh souls talk only of the Lord. Nothing is more sweeter to their tongue than to talk about their beloved. They'll tell you sakhis of him, and more about him through the help of his shabad. Basically, they'll help you understand the Lord, so that you'll be able to meet him with an ease.

saadhhasangath ko vaariaa jeeo keeaa kurabaan ||

I am devoted to the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; I sacrifice my soul to them.

jis thae sojhee man pee miliaa purakh sujaan ||

Through them, understanding has entered my mind, and I have met the All-knowing Lord God.

2. Seva (selfless service) for the peace of your mind.

Once your hands start doing seva, they refuse to indulge into sickness. You'll notice. Seva is very important. It helps one become humble. And when you become humble your 'haumai' or 'ego' starts to fall apart and eventually is completely finished off. He finishes it off for you but only if he likes your work'. Remember we are servants at his door. The game is to 'please' him. The way to please is to be 'loyal' to him. Serve him with love. Give your self to him. Do what makes him 'happy'.

sukh hovai saev kamaaneeaa ||

you shall find peace, doing seva (selfless service).

3. Sing a Gurbani line in your head.

It helps you stay connected to him. Our mind likes to forget him. But this way, we trick our mind. Our mind really likes 'music'. So when you are singing this line in your head, you do have, even if you don't notice it, music playing in the back of your head ---somewhere.

maerae govindhaa gun gaavaa thripath man hoe ||

O my Lord of the Universe, singing Your Glorious Praises, my mind is satisfied.

And Ji, don't worry too much. Okay? Everything will be okay. Just make the effort. And tell us soon that you've been blessed with Amrit. Maharaj Ji is so happy with you. Don't you feel it? :)

Whatever problem you are facing right now. Do an Ardaas in front of him. Everytime, everytime. Eventually, this Ardaas will come from your heart. But remember he 'always' heard your prayers but was just waiting for you to become strong enough to stick to your words. He's forever merciful and forgiving. Ji, Fikr Nahin Karni. Tik ah?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I took an online hukam and this is what i got:

sRIrwg bwxI Bgq byxI jIau kI ]

sreeraag baanee bhagath baenee jeeo kee ||

Sree Raag, The Word Of Devotee Baynee Jee:

phirAw kY Gir gwvxw ]

pehariaa kai ghar gaavanaa ||

To Be Sung To The Tune Of ""Pehray"":

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ry nr grB kuMfl jb AwCq aurD iDAwn ilv lwgw ]

rae nar garabh ku(n)ddal jab aashhath ouradhh dhhiaan liv laagaa ||

O man, when you were coiled in the cradle of the womb, upside-down, you were absorbed in meditation.

imrqk ipMif pd md nw Aihinis eyku AigAwn su nwgw ]

mirathak pi(n)dd padh madh naa ahinis eaek agiaan s naagaa ||

You took no pride in your perishable body; night and day were all the same to you-you lived unknowing, in the silence of the void.

qy idn sMmlu kst mhw duK Ab icqu AiDk pswirAw ]

thae dhin sa(n)mal kasatt mehaa dhukh ab chith adhhik pasaariaa ||

Remember the terrible pain and suffering of those days, now that you have spread out the net of your consciousness far and wide.

grB Coif imRq mMfl AwieAw qau nrhir mnhu ibswirAw ]1]

garabh shhodd mrith ma(n)ddal aaeiaa tho narehar manahu bisaariaa ||1||

Leaving the womb, you entered this mortal world; you have forgotten the Lord from your mind. ||1||

iPir pCuqwvihgw mUiVAw qUM kvn kumiq BRim lwgw ]

fir pashhuthaavehigaa moorriaa thoo(n) kavan kumath bhram laagaa ||

Later, you will regret and repent-you fool! Why are you engrossed in evil-mindedness and skepticism?

cyiq rwmu nwhI jm puir jwihgw jnu ibcrY AnrwDw ]1] rhwau ]

chaeth raam naahee jam pur jaahigaa jan bicharai anaraadhhaa ||1|| rehaao ||

Think of the Lord, or else you shall be led to the City of Death. Why are you wandering around, out of control? ||1||Pause||

bwl ibnod icMd rs lwgw iKnu iKnu moih ibAwpY ]

baal binodh chi(n)dh ras laagaa khin khin mohi biaapai ||

You play like a child, craving sweets; moment by moment, you become more entangled in emotional attachment.

rsu imsu myDu AMimRqu ibKu cwKI qau pMc pRgt sMqwpY ]

ras mis maedhh a(n)mrith bikh chaakhee tho pa(n)ch pragatt sa(n)thaapai ||

Tasting good and bad, you eat nectar and then poison, and then the five passions appear and torture you.

jpu qpu sMjmu Coif suik®q miq rwm nwmu n ArwiDAw ]

jap thap sa(n)jam shhodd sukirath math raam naam n araadhhiaa ||

Abandoning meditation, penance and self-restraint, and the wisdom of good actions, you do not worship and adore the Lord's Name.

auCilAw kwmu kwl miq lwgI qau Awin skiq gil bWiDAw ]2]

oushhaliaa kaam kaal math laagee tho aan sakath gal baa(n)dhhiaa ||2||

You are overflowing with sexual desire, and your intellect is stained with darkness; you are held in the grip of Shakti's power. ||2||

qrux qyju pr iqRA muKu johih sru Apsru n pCwixAw ]

tharun thaej par thria mukh johehi sar apasar n pashhaaniaa ||

In the heat of youthful passion, you look with desire upon the faces of other men's wives; you do not distinguish between good and evil.

aunmq kwim mhw ibKu BUlY pwpu puMnu n pCwinAw ]

ounamath kaam mehaa bikh bhoolai paap pu(n)n n pashhaaniaa ||

Drunk with sexual desire and other great sins, you go astray, and do not distinguish between vice and virtue.

suq sMpiq dyiK iehu mnu gribAw rwmu irdY qy KoieAw ]

suth sa(n)path dhaekh eihu man garabiaa raam ridhai thae khoeiaa ||

Gazing upon your children and your property, your mind is proud and arrogant; you cast out the Lord from your heart.

Avr mrq mwieAw mnu qoly qau Bg muiK jnmu ivgoieAw ]3]

avar marath maaeiaa man tholae tho bhag mukh janam vigoeiaa ||3||

When others die, you measure your own wealth in your mind; you waste your life in the pleasures of the mouth and sexual organs. ||3||

puMfr kys kusm qy Dauly spq pwqwl kI bwxI ]

pu(n)ddar kaes kusam thae dhhoulae sapath paathaal kee baanee ||

Your hair is whiter than the jasmine flower, and your voice has grown feeble, as if it comes from the seventh underworld.

locn sRmih buiD bl nwTI qw kwmu pvis mwDwxI ]

lochan sramehi budhh bal naat(h)ee thaa kaam pavas maadhhaanee ||

Your eyes water, and your intellect and strength have left you; but still, your sexual desire churns and drives you on.

qw qy ibKY BeI miq pwvis kwieAw kmlu kumlwxw ]

thaa thae bikhai bhee math paavas kaaeiaa kamal kumalaanaa ||

And so, your intellect has dried up through corruption, and the lotus flower of your body has wilted and withered.

Avgiq bwix Coif imRq mMfil qau pwCY pCuqwxw ]4]

avagath baan shhodd mrith ma(n)ddal tho paashhai pashhuthaanaa ||4||

You have forsaken the Bani, the Word of the Immortal Lord, in this mortal world; in the end, you shall regret and repent. ||4||

inkutI dyh dyiK Duin aupjY mwn krq nhI bUJY ]

nikuttee dhaeh dhaekh dhhun oupajai maan karath nehee boojhai ||

Gazing upon the tiny bodies of your children, love has welled up within your heart; you are proud of them, but you do not understand.

lwlcu krY jIvn pd kwrn locn kCU n sUJY ]

laalach karai jeevan padh kaaran lochan kashhoo n soojhai ||

You long for the dignity of a long life, but your eyes can no longer see anything.

Qwkw qyju auifAw mnu pMKI Gir AWgin n suKweI ]

thhaakaa thaej ouddiaa man pa(n)khee ghar aaa(n)gan n sukhaaee ||

Your light has gone out, and the bird of your mind has flown away; you are no longer welcome in your own home and courtyard.

byxI khY sunhu ry Bgqhu mrn mukiq ikin pweI ]5]

baenee kehai sunahu rae bhagathahu maran mukath kin paaee ||5||

Says Baynee, listen, O devotee: who has ever attained liberation after such a death? ||5||

Can someone help me understand this. I mean I get the actual shabad (theres translations), but is this shabad a warning of what could happen, or is it that I've done too much wrong that I won't "obtain liberation"?

You have forsaken the Bani, the Word of the Immortal Lord, in this mortal world; in the end, you shall regret and repent. ||4||

Gazing upon the tiny bodies of your children, love has welled up within your heart; you are proud of them, but you do not understand.

You long for the dignity of a long life, but your eyes can no longer see anything.

Your light has gone out, and the bird of your mind has flown away; you are no longer welcome in your own home and courtyard.

Says Baynee, listen, O devotee: who has ever attained liberation after such a death? ||5||

It's good to see that you are taking this seriously. Take this Hukamnama Sahib as a 'warning'.

When Shri Guru Naanak Dev ji had a conversation with Kalyug, he asked Kalyug to describe what type of a Raj Kalyug will lead. Kalyug said that in his Raj, MOH will be the emperor. Looking at what Maharaj Ji has said to you, it seems as if he's telling you to 'give up your attachment with the world and it's materials.' Anything that you are attached to of this world, you will not be able to take with you. Except Naam nothing will help you. This is the need to recite Naam. It 'helps' you in that so called next world. Embraces your soul and shows it the way to GOD.

Listening to your mind is not good for you. The 'bird' mentioned in this Hukam is your mind. The 'light' means your soul. Once this light leaves your body, your mind which has never liked to sit on its own 'tree', or be content 'within' your own body and instead has been going off to see other people's property , will be taken to the Dharam Raj where he will tell you what you will be next, according to your deeds. And hence, you are not liberated and are once again you are bound in this life and death cycle. The main idea is to go 'within' our body and this is done through meditation---Waheguru. This body is a gift. Realize this and you'll see it's value.

By reciting Naam, your soul makes Maharaj ji happy. So happy, that he takes out his pen and crosses out all of our deeds. And you step into his realm. Do must to 'Uddam' for this. Uddam means to make an effort to recite his NAAM. The Hukam for you is to recite Gurbani. Otherwise, your soul will regret.

Maharaj Ji gives Hukams like this to tell us to stop following our minds. To tell to be aware of what you we are doing and come back. Be thankful for this. He's preparing you for his blessings---Amrit. See his love in this.

Veerji, Rub te bharosa rakhana sikho.

there are times in life when u just have to say, ok, Babaji, I tried enough again and again and failed. So I don't think I can control my actions or world's actions. Babaji, I leave control to yourself only from now on. I am just going to do my nitnem, nam simran, good deeds, sewa and kirat karni. You take care of the rest.

SO really from heart, then leave it to him.

He is really great, you will see soon that you would be released from this fight between you and your mind. He himself will take care of your affairs. you just have to give up the fight.

Rub kade kade udon bahuRda, jado asin laR laR ke thuk jande han. and drop our arms.

Prescribing it because tried myself. Not your kind of problems, but some others.

gurfateh. this is a pretty heavy handed hukam to you! if this hukam nama was comming to me, i would just be so ashamed. i wud hang my head downward. i would take this to be guru ji giving me a few 'wakeup calls'. but thats just me..

if you put this shabad into your life, guru ji is telling you that ...............

1. you wernt always ful of kaam. guru ji tells you how you got to be in the kaam state that (you say) you are in.

2. you are showed where this state of self will lead you.

3. your also showed what will happen to you. (understanding bad and good will blend together basically)

4. guru is finally saying to you (in the nicest possible way) that when you die, how r u going to get saved/mukt?..

there is another shabad that has this same line. it is below..

laalach is like greed. so guru says, that you become greedy (for more) ... then t says that there is nothing in this..(only little happiness. and not all the time happiness...sadha sukh) this is below (bhagat kabeer jis bani)

lwlc krY jIvn pd kwrn locn kCU n sUJY ]2]

laalach karai jeevan padh kaaran lochan kashoo n soojhai |2|

He acts in greed to maintain his life and status, and sees nothing with his eyes. ||2||

hor hor jIaUx leI lwlc krdw hY, ies nMU A`KIN (ieh) nhIN id`sdw (ik kwl-AhyrI qoN Cutkwrw nhIN ho skygw) [2[

the whole message is to shake you to wake you up..

the whole notion of being drunk on kaam is very famillar to alot of people. slowly slowly, you can stop it..

new question..

whats the best way to stop somthing? either

1. slowly stop it; so.... a reccouring event of kaam say 7 times a week should be cut to once a week for about 2 weeks. then cut it more... then cut it more, when one day, you will have no need to cut it, because it is then controlled. (the 5 choor are rachaaed into our body. they can only be controlled and cant get rid of them).

or

2. substitute it. .... with bani. bani is where we get our strength from. and then on that bani, we do naam.

the normal thing would be to choose 1 or the other.... but if you feel solid, then do both! cut it down, as well as sub stitute it...

BUT! IF THAT EVEN DONT WORK,

try blasting wkd keertan. that will work aswell..

'pardhaan hai' in kaljug.

so try and wake yourself up like this.

another thing.. try doing this as a shabad abhyaas

ਹੇ ਕਾਮੰ ਨਰਕ ਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮੰ ਬਹੁ ਜੋਨੀ ਭ੍ਰਮਾਵਣਹ ॥ ਚਿਤ ਹਰਣੰ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਲੋਕ ਗੰਮ੍ਯ੍ਯੰ ਜਪ ਤਪ ਸੀਲ ਬਿਦਾਰਣਹ ॥ ਅਲਪ ਸੁਖ ਅਵਿਤ ਚੰਚਲ ਊਚ ਨੀਚ ਸਮਾਵਣਹ ॥ ਤਵ ਭੈ ਬਿਮੁੰਚਿਤ ਸਾਧ ਸੰਗਮ ਓਟ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਰਾਇਣਹ ॥੪੬॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1358}

i would to not look at translations because god will give you the giaan... but, it may be better for you to see the translations..

i can translate if you wana..

this is the 'nit jang' to which we do 'raaj' within ourselves for the purpose of wining our mun so when we read ' mun jeetae jug jeet' in our nitnem, we can shout it our loud! :)

gurfateh.

one last thing.. sangat is so dam imporetnt!!!!!! sant mahapursh used to say that, if you cant find sangat, do your own mun da sangat...

gurfateh

plus!!! khalsa does NIT JANG which means he fights every day.. eveil has grows so much now, that we cant even see the enemy approching.. become khalsa and do your daily war.. true khalsa akaal purakh ki fauj.

gurfateh

He brings us closer and farther according to his will right?

Is that why its so hard to find guru sahib? because he doesn't want me?

I've made huge advances in my sikhi in the last few years.

I'm slated to take amrit in a few months. So that means guru sahib must want me.

BUT why then can't I make a greater effort to find him? Why do I keep getting involved in stupid things like KAAM!!!

Why can't I Stop myself when I'm taking amrit da daat, and getting guru's naam in a few months?

Whats wrong with me?

How do I make the effort?

How do i make it so that i want guru sahib enough that i can obstain from the filth that covers my soul?

How do i find you?

How do I love you?

I know even now i receive your love and yet i'll keep sinning. why? because i'll get bored of you, but you'll still be there.

How do I make it so that I am with you whenever you are with me?

How do I not be me? The filthy retched me?

How? How do i find you....in me?

sangat ji, please help me not be me.

please help me be the like gursikhs i see. the ones i strive to be like.

But will never come close to.

Veer Ji things take time. Taking Amrit, and becoming a Gursikh does not make you perfect. Taking Amrit is the first and main step in battling the Panj Doot. The Amrit and Rehat given during Initiation help us in always staying close to Guru Ji. Through the maintenace of Amrit, and devotion/obidience to Rehat help keep a strong with Guru Ji who is the emobidment of Amrit.

Boredom comes when the Amrit covered up with worldliness. Thus it is critical that one does as much Amrit Vela, Nitnem, Naam Simran, Sadh Sangat, Seva, etc as possible to keep Amirt alive, fresh and intact, and believe me the Panj Doot are going to do everything to keep you away from Gurus Amrit.

The Naam/Gurmantar helps us battle these doots. The Naam given by Guru Sahib never goes to waste its a precious commodity in which can never be exhaused. Some people make the excuse that I do Naam Simran and I feel no benefit. This panj doot driven attitude encourage the devotee to give up all together on Naam Simran. Naam Simran never goes to waste, even if you not reaping automaic benefits/bliss. Naam has a mystical effect. The human body is built to serve as a storagehouse for Naam. The more Naam Simran we do the more naam builds up in this storagehouse. This built up naam will always keep us in Guru Jis sharan. It is through life struggles that this build up Naam which is the embodiment of Guru Ji will help us in our struggles. I only request that when given naam by Guru Ji please do not treat as a cheap commodity the same way I did. We should use ( doing Naam Simran) is as much as possible with himmat and great force.

gur syvw jug cwry hoeI ]

gur saevaa jug chaarae hoee ||

The Guru's service has been performed throughout the four ages.

pUrw jnu kwr kmwvY koeI ]

pooraa jan kaar kamaavai koee ||

Very few are those perfect ones who do this good deed.

AKutu nwm Dnu hir qoit n hoeI ]

akhutt naam dhhan har thott n hoee ||

The wealth of the Lord's Name is inexhaustible; it shall never be exhausted.

AYQY sdw suKu dir soBw hoeI ]1]

aithhai sadhaa sukh dhar sobhaa hoee ||1||

In this world, it brings a constant peace, and at the Lord's Gate, it brings honor. ||1||

I took an online hukam and this is what i got:
sRIrwg bwxI Bgq byxI jIau kI ]

sreeraag baanee bhagath baenee jeeo kee ||

Sree Raag, The Word Of Devotee Baynee Jee:

phirAw kY Gir gwvxw ]

pehariaa kai ghar gaavanaa ||

To Be Sung To The Tune Of ""Pehray"":

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ry nr grB kuMfl jb AwCq aurD iDAwn ilv lwgw ]

rae nar garabh ku(n)ddal jab aashhath ouradhh dhhiaan liv laagaa ||

O man, when you were coiled in the cradle of the womb, upside-down, you were absorbed in meditation.

imrqk ipMif pd md nw Aihinis eyku AigAwn su nwgw ]

mirathak pi(n)dd padh madh naa ahinis eaek agiaan s naagaa ||

You took no pride in your perishable body; night and day were all the same to you-you lived unknowing, in the silence of the void.

qy idn sMmlu kst mhw duK Ab icqu AiDk pswirAw ]

thae dhin sa(n)mal kasatt mehaa dhukh ab chith adhhik pasaariaa ||

Remember the terrible pain and suffering of those days, now that you have spread out the net of your consciousness far and wide.

grB Coif imRq mMfl AwieAw qau nrhir mnhu ibswirAw ]1]

garabh shhodd mrith ma(n)ddal aaeiaa tho narehar manahu bisaariaa ||1||

Leaving the womb, you entered this mortal world; you have forgotten the Lord from your mind. ||1||

iPir pCuqwvihgw mUiVAw qUM kvn kumiq BRim lwgw ]

fir pashhuthaavehigaa moorriaa thoo(n) kavan kumath bhram laagaa ||

Later, you will regret and repent-you fool! Why are you engrossed in evil-mindedness and skepticism?

cyiq rwmu nwhI jm puir jwihgw jnu ibcrY AnrwDw ]1] rhwau ]

chaeth raam naahee jam pur jaahigaa jan bicharai anaraadhhaa ||1|| rehaao ||

Think of the Lord, or else you shall be led to the City of Death. Why are you wandering around, out of control? ||1||Pause||

bwl ibnod icMd rs lwgw iKnu iKnu moih ibAwpY ]

baal binodh chi(n)dh ras laagaa khin khin mohi biaapai ||

You play like a child, craving sweets; moment by moment, you become more entangled in emotional attachment.

rsu imsu myDu AMimRqu ibKu cwKI qau pMc pRgt sMqwpY ]

ras mis maedhh a(n)mrith bikh chaakhee tho pa(n)ch pragatt sa(n)thaapai ||

Tasting good and bad, you eat nectar and then poison, and then the five passions appear and torture you.

jpu qpu sMjmu Coif suik®q miq rwm nwmu n ArwiDAw ]

jap thap sa(n)jam shhodd sukirath math raam naam n araadhhiaa ||

Abandoning meditation, penance and self-restraint, and the wisdom of good actions, you do not worship and adore the Lord's Name.

auCilAw kwmu kwl miq lwgI qau Awin skiq gil bWiDAw ]2]

oushhaliaa kaam kaal math laagee tho aan sakath gal baa(n)dhhiaa ||2||

You are overflowing with sexual desire, and your intellect is stained with darkness; you are held in the grip of Shakti's power. ||2||

qrux qyju pr iqRA muKu johih sru Apsru n pCwixAw ]

tharun thaej par thria mukh johehi sar apasar n pashhaaniaa ||

In the heat of youthful passion, you look with desire upon the faces of other men's wives; you do not distinguish between good and evil.

aunmq kwim mhw ibKu BUlY pwpu puMnu n pCwinAw ]

ounamath kaam mehaa bikh bhoolai paap pu(n)n n pashhaaniaa ||

Drunk with sexual desire and other great sins, you go astray, and do not distinguish between vice and virtue.

suq sMpiq dyiK iehu mnu gribAw rwmu irdY qy KoieAw ]

suth sa(n)path dhaekh eihu man garabiaa raam ridhai thae khoeiaa ||

Gazing upon your children and your property, your mind is proud and arrogant; you cast out the Lord from your heart.

Avr mrq mwieAw mnu qoly qau Bg muiK jnmu ivgoieAw ]3]

avar marath maaeiaa man tholae tho bhag mukh janam vigoeiaa ||3||

When others die, you measure your own wealth in your mind; you waste your life in the pleasures of the mouth and sexual organs. ||3||

puMfr kys kusm qy Dauly spq pwqwl kI bwxI ]

pu(n)ddar kaes kusam thae dhhoulae sapath paathaal kee baanee ||

Your hair is whiter than the jasmine flower, and your voice has grown feeble, as if it comes from the seventh underworld.

locn sRmih buiD bl nwTI qw kwmu pvis mwDwxI ]

lochan sramehi budhh bal naat(h)ee thaa kaam pavas maadhhaanee ||

Your eyes water, and your intellect and strength have left you; but still, your sexual desire churns and drives you on.

qw qy ibKY BeI miq pwvis kwieAw kmlu kumlwxw ]

thaa thae bikhai bhee math paavas kaaeiaa kamal kumalaanaa ||

And so, your intellect has dried up through corruption, and the lotus flower of your body has wilted and withered.

Avgiq bwix Coif imRq mMfil qau pwCY pCuqwxw ]4]

inkutI dyh dyiK Duin aupjY mwn krq nhI bUJY ]

lwlcu krY jIvn pd kwrn locn kCU n sUJY ]

Qwkw qyju auifAw mnu pMKI Gir AWgin n suKweI ]

byxI khY sunhu ry Bgqhu mrn mukiq ikin pweI ]5]

Can someone help me understand this. I mean I get the actual shabad (theres translations), but is this shabad a warning of what could happen, or is it that I've done too much wrong that I won't "obtain liberation"?

I take this Shabad as a major blessing by Guru Sahib. In this Shabad Guru Ji is saying in the womb you were deep in meditation not effected by the maya of the world similarily to the Gurmukhs who are not effect by Maya. Then Guru Ji is saying how Maya has made you blind to your original origins of true bliss. Guru Ji is giving you a wake up call to reality to wake up to your true roots as Gurmukh. Guru Ji is also informing/enlightening you about the ways/path of the Manmukh. I remember Baba Waryam Singh explaing Gurbani in which there was a pangti about two birds. One of the birds in unstable he flocks from place to place enjoying worldly ras this birds is a complete Manmukh. While the other Gurmukh like bird who is disciplined, controls his passions,lives internally and enjoys the Amrit Ras.

He brings us closer and farther according to his will right?

Is that why its so hard to find guru sahib? because he doesn't want me?

I've made huge advances in my sikhi in the last few years.

vaheguroo...... it is hard, but NEVER give up jee...... mahraj is with us every step we take... he loves us as we are his children.......

jy BulI jy cukI sweNØI BI qihMjI kwFIAw ]

jae bhulee jae chukee saaea(n)aee bhee thehi(n)jee kaadteeaa ||

Even though I have made mistakes, and even though I have been wrong, I am still called Yours, O my Lord and Master.

I'm slated to take amrit in a few months. So that means guru sahib must want me.

why wait jee? just go for it :) quicker the better....

BUT why then can't I make a greater effort to find him? Why do I keep getting involved in stupid things like KAAM!!!

we need to conqer the 5.... it is hard, but build ur jeevan so strong that u will never be tortured by them ever again : )

Why can't I Stop myself when I'm taking amrit da daat, and getting guru's naam in a few months?

because thats why ur here.... to recieve this amrit.

Whats wrong with me?

How do I make the effort?

realise that he is with you :)

How do i make it so that i want guru sahib enough that i can obstain from the filth that covers my soul?

How do i find you?

How do I love you?

I know even now i receive your love and yet i'll keep sinning. why? because i'll get bored of you, but you'll still be there.

meditate on his name : )

How do I make it so that I am with you whenever you are with me?

How do I not be me? The filthy retched me?

How? How do i find you....in me?

sangat ji, please help me not be me.

ardas :)