Soo Confused!

Guest gurmat

Singh get married man....i cant wait until i be 21 am gonna get married on my birthday man... isn't kaam kicking in for you....GET MARRIED MAN.even guru gobind singh got married when he was 19

I can't believe I just read that. Just because Guru Gobind Singh Jee got married at the age of 19, it wasn't for any kaam reasons. Remember Guru Ji is unaffected by any of the 5 vices. You should feel ashamed for even puting Guru ji into your post while proudly mentioning your kaam problems. The whole point of sikhi is to get rid of kaam through naam and bani, just like what the OP is doing. Guru Gobind Singh jee is against kaam and Marriage is only there for us to improve our sikhi, not for us to enjoy ourselves through maya.

To OP, ignore what he said. Its not compulsory to get married. It's what you want.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _ONE_
So now I have to find a girl, get married, get her pregnant and then figure out how to teach Sikhi whilst the child is still in the womb.

Poor women, thats all they take birth for; to lay out hatched eggs. Bechariyan. The girl you'll be marrying will be as good as having a cow at home, even animals can have kids. If you are planning to get married then please do respect that woman. Somewhat if you can.

wow. u sound like a really great person. i know someone at the gurdwara i go to who sounds really similar to you. but i dont know them personally, so i could be wrong. but yeah anywayys...you really see the bigger picture..you're not caught up in cars, money, girls..thats really good. but the whole marriage thing...i think you need to re-think about it. think long term...do you want to stay single your whole life? or do you want to start a new family and bring a new child into the world. or you stay single your whole life. live alone. earn enough for yourself and just live a simple life. its all up to you. but this is a big decision to make so you should think about it seriously. in my opinion, i think it would be wise to get married. but thats just my opinion. this is totally up to you. even if you do get married , it doesn't mean you can't continue living a simple life like how you do now. you're just gona have more responsiblites and a family to look after. sometimes you should considfer the advice of elders. liek the ppl who talk to you at the gurdwara, they may seem annoying/stupid but still. just think about it. other than that, you shouldn't let people bother you. you can do sewa all you want, its none of their business. who are they to tell you that you're 'over-doing it'. thats your own personal thing and no one else's.

so yeah, good luck on your decision and forgive me if i said anything offensive/rude. i didn't mean to if i did.

wjkk wjkf

So now I have to find a girl, get married, get her pregnant and then figure out how to teach Sikhi whilst the child is still in the womb.

Poor women, thats all they take birth for; to lay out hatched eggs. Bechariyan. The girl you'll be marrying will be as good as having a cow at home, even animals can have kids. If you are planning to get married then please do respect that woman. Somewhat if you can.

woah :o what are these people saying! I just missed that post. I can't believe how these people are talking. Its like all these so called "singhs" will just use their wives. :o People like you will be better off not getting married because it seems like you don't know the purpose of it!

You will have to look after your wife and children as they will be your responsibility.

Sorry but...he's a Sikh. In Sikhi, a woman does not need to be looked after. She is independent, and should look after herself as much as a man looks after himself.

That was uncalled for, and seemed very sexist. Sikhi teaches equality. The money etc may be tools, but humans are NOT.

You marry a soul-mate..not a random person to have kids with.

Please reword your sentence so it does not sound like it is coming from a sull-aa.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I find myself in a difficult situation, I hope sangat will help me to clear the confusion. I am an unmarried amritdhari, presently in england and am in late twenties. Lately I have noticed Guru ji has got me into seva - be that in langar hall or doing path seva at Gurdwara. I find immense anand anad satisfaction in serving Guruji. When I am not at Gurdwara, i find Guruji makes me do sehaj path of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Now the problem - people at the Gurdwara Sahib have started saying that i am 'overdoing' it, that I should resort my priorities and come to Gurdwara Sahib when I have 'free' time. I dont know what to say to them. For me anytime I am away from Guruji is free time, I feel so bored and empty when Gurbani rass is not in/around me. I ignored the comments at first, but the bibijis have been nagging me for quite some time now. What do I do? I cant cut down on the time I spend in the lap of my Guruji!

Second issue is the peer pressure to get married. My mom keeps nagging me all the time to look for girls and stuff. How can I do that? I see sister in every girl I see/meet, and the question of having any other feeling for them does not even arise. The only solution to this is to let elders decide for me but since my mom is back in india, and I dont have any immediate family here in uk, I find it rather difficult. A couple of people have hinted me about this at Gurdwara Sahib, but when they see that I am not 'sansari', that I dont have my own house, I work when I start running short of money to sruvive, that I dont find any interest in gossip or money etc, they go quiet. But isnt it unfair? How much money does one need anyway? and for what? earning to put food on the table is something i do, i have a roof on my head, and i have a few shirts and trousers to cover my body + ive got basic 'necessities'. I dont see any point in making any extra effort, because frankly I dont need any more money. If I get married, I will surely start working a bit more so that a family can be supported, but what's the deal with having big houses, big cars, big this and big that? I used to think amritdhari singhs would be different, but my personal experience with them is sadly just the opposite. Like a couple days back, I went to the Gurdwara Sahib for path, and an amritdhari singh said to me 'aaho, 2 hours hor la layi paath te, fer Akal Purakh tere kamm bana denge'. I was like , huh? I pray and hope I get the Creator, not his creations! But that surprised me because he does a lot of path himself, and being much older than me, I thought he would guide me towards the right path. Anyway, I understand Grahist Jivan is important but I was hoping I could find someone who could walk shoulder to shoulder with me on the path to meeting Waheguru Ji. But from my personal experience it seems to me its just not going to happen. What do I say to my mom tho? Its so frustrating!

Thank you for reading.

ONE- It is GREAT that you are that attached to GurBaani and Guru ji. So there is nothing to worry about.

TWO- You don't gotta believe you should have only, like 2 shirts man!! God doesn't want Sikhs to live in worse conditions than we can! Just don't take things for granted.

THREE- You don't have to get married. It's NOT a sin to be without a soul mate forever. You just need to do more Bhagtee, is all. (Which I believe you will have no problem with :) )

You marry a soul-mate..not a random person to have kids with.

VAAHEGUROOOOOO

BEAUTIFUL

Dn ipru eyih n AwKIAin bhin iekTy hoie ]

dhhan pir eaehi n aakheean behan eikat(h)ae hoe ||

They are not said to be husband and wife, who merely sit together.

eyk joiq duie mUrqI Dn ipru khIAY soie ]3]

eaek joth dhue moorathee dhhan pir keheeai soe ||3||

They alone are called husband and wife, who have one light in two bodies. ||3||

Guest Papi
You marry a soul-mate..
There is no such thing as a "soul mate" :)

Depends how you define 1

My definition is pretty close to what society defines it as. "soul mate" only exists until you get married and have to live with the person and you find out who they really are. Until then, you mostly see the "good" side, we all do it, I'm no different. But only when you live with someone you see them for who they truly are and since most people have been nurtured toward perfection, the "imperfections" of another stick out like a sore thumb to us.

Oye tu apna kam kar, SS tey behta merey naal argue kari janda. tenu ta msn tey dassu :p

Think my post was misinterpreted.

I completely agree that marriage is the union of souls, not just bodies, and that once married, two souls are linked together. I also completely believe in the equality of women.

However, I also believe it is a husband's duty to look after his wife as much as it is a wife's duty to look after her husband. Because they are linked, they are duty-bound to be responsible for each other. Hence my post was written with a man's POV.

For me, the main reason to get married is to have children. For others, they may have different motives to for getting married. That isn't to say marriage means just having kids - it's more than just that.

If the point of marriage was to have a soul-mate, why don't all sants get married? IMO we don't need soul-mates to travel across the world ocean. The Guru is the perfect companion so why seek others? However, like I said, once you are married, you are duty-bound to help each other cross the world ocean with the aid of the Guru.