How Do We Bring The Sikh Community Together

virk30

but the pressure is always on singhs to make peace and unite with moneh right? why can't moneh become singh's then? why do kesdharis have to change?

Mate I have seen that when the community gets under attack, Keshdharis are well grateful for the support of monay. At least in the UK.

Fact is that some of our dimwitted brothers need to realise that to people who hate Sikhs (for whatever reason), a kara wearing mona and a turban wearing Sikh are one and the same thing. In fact I would say that they are actually more frightened by some monay these days than kesh keeping Sikhs.

Who is asking keshdharis to change BTW? All that is being asked is that Sikhs in general (both monay and keshdhari) unite and become more anakhi.

What makes you think that manay are asking for keshdharis to change?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playing devils advocate, why don't all the people who cut their hair become singhs?

Long Live Brother Jujhar Singh and Ranjeet...

One thing for SURE is that we shall remove "Dont TRUST him" out of our heads! So called "agents" did played well since 1947 and till today we are being played.

Maybe Waheguru bless us and we start to trust our brotherhood.

in regards to fighting haterz - sikhs need to learn shastar vidya again - not this crap gatka but shstar vidya - (i dont want this turning into a why i hate niddar singh thread)

also if shastar vidya is not avaliable, learn other martial arts that are out there, e.g i am very jelous that southall have got that mauy tai started there which is brilliant.

+ we also need a lot more dasam bani in our lives - and that would be a start

Lets reset and go back to the key issues behind the original question.

How do we, as a community, realistically facilitate unity given that the panth is made up of a diverse range of people, some of who look at others as nonSikh. The fact that today, the majority of people calling themselves Sikh, in Panjab and abroad have cut hair needs to be factored in.

but the pressure is always on singhs to make peace and unite with moneh right? why can't moneh become singh's then? why do kesdharis have to change?

who said kesdharis have to chance, all that is being said is don't judge the moneh. Cause ive never met a moneh who judges a singh unless the singh is a hypocrite and judges others

in regards to fighting haterz - sikhs need to learn shastar vidya again - not this crap gatka but shstar vidya - (i dont want this turning into a why i hate niddar singh thread)

also if shastar vidya is not avaliable, learn other martial arts that are out there, e.g i am very jelous that southall have got that mauy tai started there which is brilliant.

+ we also need a lot more dasam bani in our lives - and that would be a start

family's need to raise little soldiers and not little wussies

and not raise gangsters but soldiers

in uk it should be able to be easy to unite, cause of the muslim attacks cause im pretty sure most sikhs are angry about this issue even the most white washed once, so address the problem together and come together to solve it

i guess rather then making the gurdwara a place of politics make it a place to learn are sikhi and a place to solve the problems the community is facing today

but one of the biggest factors i believe in why were not united is cause most of us arn't educated on whats going on in our community, you wouldn't believe how many sikhs my age don't know about all the sikhs that were raped and murdered in 84 cause their parants don't care to teach their children this

we need to raise are children to be soldiers, we need khalsa programs that are fun educational and give each child a purpose, like willing to fight and defend their sikhi, these islamic camps teach kids to be soldiers for islam why can't we teach kids to be soldiers of sikhi

raise boys and girls to be soldiers, 200 years ago women accompanied men to the battle field, 1947 women would rather die then be raped and killed themselves, 84 women were raped and now you know how many sikh women act

Recent events have me pondering another important factor. How do we approach unity when we DO and I believe always WILL have people with differing opinions on areas of Sikhi. I think Dasam Granth is a good example for this.

So for unity we must encompass a panth that has monay, keshdhari and amritdhari as well as converts and those who are approaching conversion (i.e. have an interest in the religion).

We must also encompass the fact that people have diverse opinions on Sikh matters as stated previously. These easily (and frequently) become the source of internal fractions. Also we have to accept that Sikhs, say compared to Muslims, have a lot of lax people. You can go to many pubs and see pagh wearing Sikhs happily enjoying a pint there.

Any attempt at unity MUST address all of this and more.

I'm not sure of a solution but I am sure that open mindedness will play a big part. The alternative is more infighting.

What do you think?

how do we bring the sikh community together

we dont. guru granth sahib ji is to bring the community together. guru granth sahib ji is to bring the world together but considering how much punjabi culture influences sikhs, we can forget about that for a while.

until we start living our lives according to guru granth sahib ji, we will remain divided. and when we are divided we look at another person as a mona or a amritdhari instead of a brother.

btw a mona is a sikh too. yes that person cuts there hair but until you are a brahmgiani you got no right to tell others who is a sikh or not. coz we all struggle, this is kalyug and we are meant to struggle. only difference is you can see someone struggling visibly (i.e cutting there kesh), while you dont see people who keep there kesh struggling just by looking at them (like me). so people got to stop acting like they are brahmgianis and stop judging others and bloody realize we all are on the same boat and that boat is sinking........

btw thread starter this post isnt directed towards you but towards people who act like sants :)