How Do We Bring The Sikh Community Together

virk30

If a drug dealing pimping Muslim and a Pious "Abraham Lincoln bearded", 5 time a day praying Muslim can stick together when it counts, why can't we? A lot of pious muslims consider actions that other muslims do as unislamic, they probably called each other "kaffirs", but when it comes to the matter of the ummah, they all stick together.

To all the Amritdari Sikhs out there, if a mona sikh (some of you wouldn't consider them Sikhs) or non Amritdhari turbanned Sikh is in trouble and he needs a brother to help him, would you or would need to find out about their credentials first before you do.

In the UK, we have quite diverse community of SIkhs with particular difference, we have Sikhs from Punjab, Afghanistan, East Africa, Singapore and Malaysia, of all different backgrounds, they all have different quirks and nuances, there are Sikhs of Bhatra origins living on the coasts of the UK who have their own particular quirks. These Sikhs all their own types of turbans, the Sikhs of Afghanistan are Khatri that speak Pashto and their own unique turbans, we have Kenyan Sikhs who mix up Punjabi and Swahili and have their own particular types of turban. We have mona of Sikh background (in case calling them Sikh offends whichever particular jatha), however you can tell the difference between a Mona of Sikh background from a Hindu Punjabi, they have something about them, a vibe (not just the kara), you will always tell who are your own.

If we all these groups of people and they all squabble, the moment someone comes out with the Guru Granth Sahib do we all not stand up and pay our respects after we are all Sikhs aren't we?

I don't care which particular Jatha you belong to, and what particular Jatha tells you how to matha thek, how to eat, how to drink, how to sleep, what type of food to eat, what kind of utensils you should eat with, how to run, which baba to beleive in etc etc, beacuse you are all Sikh to me.

When an outsider attacks my quam, my people (and that is all of you) whether you are Jatt,Tharkan,Khatri,AKJ,Amritdhari,Mona, Kenyan,Indian,Punjabi ,Mona etc etc my rage is the same. After all does the outsider care what our differences are when they attack us, are they going to look at you and decide whether you are Amritshak or a Mona or whether you are belong to some particular Jatha before attacking you? They don't care!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent events have me pondering another important factor. How do we approach unity when we DO and I believe always WILL have people with differing opinions on areas of Sikhi. I think Dasam Granth is a good example for this.

So for unity we must encompass a panth that has monay, keshdhari and amritdhari as well as converts and those who are approaching conversion (i.e. have an interest in the religion).

We must also encompass the fact that people have diverse opinions on Sikh matters as stated previously. These easily (and frequently) become the source of internal fractions. Also we have to accept that Sikhs, say compared to Muslims, have a lot of lax people. You can go to many pubs and see pagh wearing Sikhs happily enjoying a pint there.

Any attempt at unity MUST address all of this and more.

I'm not sure of a solution but I am sure that open mindedness will play a big part. The alternative is more infighting.

What do you think?

i think sikhs can be united when they all relize they feel the same way about a single cause, take uk for example i bet you could bring all kinds of sikhs together to deal with the islamic threat, when ever their is trouble community's come together, 9/11 look how america came together

Virk said

i think sikhs can be united when they all relize they feel the same way about a single cause, take uk for example i bet you could bring all kinds of sikhs together to deal with the islamic threat

EXACTLY! Sooleh are taking sikhs women in lorry loads and due to the IGNORANCE of the new generation of sikh GUYS who dont mind, and the Sikh girls think its cool to date a khan due to the sh@ty Bollywood actors - Salman Ammir etc!

They then fall in love with Pakis and have paki children who, grow up as hardcore sooleh EAGER to prove themsleves, and jump sikhs to do so!

why do people insist on fear-mongering give me evidence of even one truckload??!!!

our comunity is together!!

but our Panthic Jathebandees are not!

it is very simple to bring unity:

NAAM JAAPOH

Vaheguroo will give you the opportunity and plan and support for your plan!!!

Brother unity will not come about without concerted effort and good quality worldly leadership. Nam Jaaping is essential for spiritual progression, worldly (i.e. political, military) matters are a different kettle of fish I think.

Veer Ji

Everything is under the Hukum and Phana of Vaheguroo.

listen to Asa Ki Vaar its all explained so nicely.

No amount of worldly knowledge or power means anything true knowledge comes from Vaheguroo.

Think of it like this:

say for example I want to become the best, the most powerful and successful civil and military leader. So I study really hard, read so many books and listen to so many acclaimed knowledgeable persons.

Slowly slowly I become more and more knowledgeable. It will take years. I will be old. I will still have so many obstacles in my way I will have to fight and win many intellectual and military battles. And no matter how much knowledge I acquire it will never be enough.

But

If I was to chant the praises of Akal Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo for 5 years Vaheguroo would at my request bestow upon me all the knowledge of the universe! I would also have his support and blessings. We would not fail. We would change the world.

Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo

Brother, this is contradicted by the fact that dasmesh pita himself was given military training. If what you are saying is true, then he should have just nam japped and not bothered with this.

veer ji

our soul is trapped in our body, our body is trapped in the physical world.

We cannot go through life without experiencing life, we inherently learn and pick up knowledge/information, we have to learn to do Naam Simran also. We are free to learn as much as we want from the world but true Gian only comes from Vaheguroo.

Knowledge can be learnt - read - listen - interact

but Wisdom comes from the experience of knowledge/life/Vaheguroo

Many people have knowledge but lack wisdom.

eg manmat people do so much wrong things even though they have education that informs them certain things are bad for you, but they lack the wisdom to escape from their manmat ways.

Guru Ji did have militray trainning just like his Khalsa who learn the use of Shastars.

But Gian comes from Vaheguroo.

veer ji

our soul is trapped in our body, our body is trapped in the physical world.

We cannot go through life without experiencing life, we inherently learn and pick up knowledge/information, we have to learn to do Naam Simran also. We are free to learn as much as we want from the world but true Gian only comes from Vaheguroo.

Knowledge can be learnt - read - listen - interact

but Wisdom comes from the experience of knowledge/life/Vaheguroo

Many people have knowledge but lack wisdom.

eg manmat people do so much wrong things even though they have education that informs them certain things are bad for you, but they lack the wisdom to escape from their manmat ways.

Guru Ji did have militray trainning just like his Khalsa who learn the use of Shastars.

But Gian comes from Vaheguroo.

Please do not discount the physical (even if it is temoporary) the Gurus didn't. This just leaves us open to abuse like any non martial quom. Degh comes with a Tegh remember.

veer ji i am not discounting the physical, i am mearly saying that we should remember Vaheguroo and not become trapped and carried away by maya and the physical world we must always remember the physical as you said is temporary. It is very difficult, that i realise but Bani always tells us to look towards Vaheguroo, become Gurmukh, and escape this world and physical existence.......