I C U As My Bro/sis. Now, Lets Get Married! :)

alias

everyone that is trying to be a better gursikh they call each other penj or paa
Oh I forgot that if we don't call each other bhenji bhaaji we can't 'qualify' as gursikhs...

BTW, that will end up with "bhaji/bhenji will you marry me?" *i'm trying very hard not to use the eye rollie emoticon here*

in guru gobind singh jis bani it says that everyone is your mum dad bro sis son daughter respectively as per age
I'll believe it when i see it.

i realy dont understand this concept.......couldnt one assume that u refer to the opposite gender and pahji/penhji becuase fair enough they may not be your brother or sister but they are someones..........cant pehji pahji be used as a respectful term to refer to someone as a simliar age to you..........like we call most bajuraks, baba ji, bibi ji

If you dont call them penji/pahji, what do u call them? "oi ji" is starting to sound appealing if everything is considered some immoral sin.......... :rolleyes:

everyone that is trying to be a better gursikh they call each other penj or paa
Oh I forgot that if we don't call each other bhenji bhaaji we can't 'qualify' as gursikhs...

BTW, that will end up with "bhaji/bhenji will you marry me?" *i'm trying very hard not to use the eye rollie emoticon here*

in guru gobind singh jis bani it says that everyone is your mum dad bro sis son daughter respectively as per age
I'll believe it when i see it.

why dont you do the research then??? dont rely on me, im jus som moorakh..

plus,im not tryna take jabs by saying anything about " if we don't call each other bhenji bhaaji we can't 'qualify' as gursikhs... " so its not appriciated, on my behalf, that it is being suggested that i am. because im not. i acknoledge that my peers are bro sis etc but i dont outwardly call them as such simply by choice.

and this is what this whole thread is about! how are we supposed to call others bro sis then ask for marrage! (if we wana marry them).

there has been wkd ideas/posts from the sangat... as always, lets carry on!

as a side note, i feel that we should stick to the main topic as per the initial post. lets not deviate!

gurfateh

gurfateh jeeo.

i feel you think i want to argue with you... i want to ask you in the poliest of ways to please tone down your comments..

and i do not wish to post the tuk simply because we have (somhow) got into an arguement and i would feel that if somone else posts the shabad that will be better. if in a week no one has posted it, i will post it..

how does that fend with you?? dude?

• 2 weeks later...

gurfateh jeeo.

i feel you think i want to argue with you... i want to ask you in the poliest of ways to please tone down your comments..

and i do not wish to post the tuk simply because we have (somhow) got into an arguement and i would feel that if somone else posts the shabad that will be better. if in a week no one has posted it, i will post it..

how does that fend with you?? dude?

Khalsa ji not sure of Guru Gobind Singh's Tuk, could you please post that.

There seems to be people who don't like the idea of calling eachother bhaji/benji

This should end the debate,

In Crystal clear words Bhai Gurdas ji States:

ਦੇਖਿ ਪਰਾਈਆਂ ਚੰਗੀਆਂ ਮਾਵਾਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਧੀਆਂ ਜਾਣੈ ।

daykhi paraaeeaan changeeaan maavaan bhainaan dheeaan jaanai|

The Sikh ought to treat beautiful women of others as his mothers, sisters, and daughters.

Notice the worda maavaan bhainaan dheeaan these are words for mothers, sisters and daughters, so therefore you call them names such as bhaji/benji out of satkar you recognise them as that jaanai.

Theres nothing strange about it when you get married your relationship changes your husband and wife, guru maharaj joins your soul in his hazoori therefore its now a different relationship your souls are one, just like when you freeze pani (water) it becomes ice its now in a different state simarly when you wed you both become a different 'state of relationship' (If that makes sense).

ਧਨ ਪਿਰੁ ਏਹਿ ਨ ਆਖੀਅਨਿ ਬਹਨਿ ਇਕਠੇ ਹੋਇ ॥

dhhan pir eaehi n aakheean behan eikathae hoe ||

They are not said to be husband and wife, who merely sit together.

ਏਕ ਜੋਤਿ ਦੁਇ ਮੂਰਤੀ ਧਨ ਪਿਰੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਸੋਇ ॥੩॥

eaek joth dhue moorathee dhhan pir keheeai soe ||3||

They alone are called husband and wife, who have one light in two bodies. ||3||