Meaning Of Life

Barfi n Mithai

Veerji I disagree.

The meaning of every human's life is clear.

and here it is again

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ ॥

This human body has been given to you.

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ ਨ ਕਾਮ ॥

Nothing else will work.

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥੧॥

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

Basically meaning of life is to seek salvation through worshipping and meditating on the almighty. In Buddhism it is the state called nirvana when your mind is liberated from the physical world and you are one with this consciouness within that is our creator, Sikhism has similar take on this but also asks Sikhs not reglect the physical world and live life working hard, sharing the fruits of your labour with others (helping your fellow man) as well as meditation.

I think I sould re-phrase the question. Meaning of life is subjective. I would like to know the purpose of existance. If our purpose is to find God how does one find God by chanting naam?

Guest shastr

naam is like bleach. washes away our sins we have done, in this life and our past lives. naam ends this cycle of birht and death we have been put in. naam does everything man. these are elementary questions, dont u read jap ji sahib or sukhmani sahib barfi bhaji?? i mean come on bro, all these questions have been answered in guru granth sahib ji.

do u believe in sri guru granth sahib ji???

Shastr veerji no question is too small or great to be asked. How can making a sound make your sins be washed. Language is a vocal sound which we have ascribed meanings to. Hence why there are so many languages. Is it because we are making a vocal sound or is it something more. If so, what?

God is inside you. Inside me and inside everybody. Gurus told us a way how to connect to that inside of us, GOD.

Are you following me?? The connection.

salvation will come automatically if you can stay connected with inside you GOD 24/7.

Many of us fail at that. Thats why we have questions and we wander around asking questions.

IF we can develop/feel that 24/7 connection, all our doubts, issues, problems, questions will go away. We all will live in peace forever.

I know I am dreaming, but thats the dream we should all aim for,I think.

You are a very lucky soul to have realized that dear sister but I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I am not denying what guru ji has said, nor am I denying that guru ji holds all the answers. All that I am saying is that posting a question that so deep on a forum will not answer it. Until the poster experiences what you have experienced, he will not fully understand what guru ji means by

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ ॥

This human body has been given to you.

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ ਨ ਕਾਮ ॥

Nothing else will work.

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥੧॥

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

And to shastr veerji, I think Barfi n Mithai ( awesome name =D), is trying to comprehend the science behind the sound current. Here is a pretty long but deep article about science and religion.

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/index.php/2008/01...-come-together/

Forgive me if I have said anything wrong or have in any way offended anyone.

Guest shastr

and thats wat we dont understand. sikhi is above science, beyond science. where the worlds science says we dont know, where the worlds science has no explanation, has no answer for anything, thats were our guru granth sahib ji speaks, thats where u see mool mantar starts, followed by jap ji sahib.

can any scientsit explain a man going onto a river and not coming out until 3 days later?

but wat does guru nanak dev ji say about this? "ek onkar satnam karta purkh, nirbau, nirvair, akaal moorat, ajooni saiban, gurparsad"

can any scientist explain gulab jamans falling from a tree?

but wat does guru angad dev ji say to maharaj guru nanak dev ji when asked to do this? satbachan maharaj ji!

can any scientist explain somebody sitting on a hot plate with out even crying out a single word?

but wat does maharaj guru arjun dev ji say about this? "tera kia meeta lagai, har naam padarath nanak mangai"

can any scientist explain a person getting cut into pieces and not saying a word about it?

but wat does baba mani singh ji say about this? "gaouri sukhmani, mahalla punjva, ek onkaar satgur parsad, aad gurae namh........."

can any scientist explain a person getting cut in half and still not crying out?

but wat does baba mati daas say about this? " sochai soch na hovaee, jey sochi lakh vaar............"

can any scientist explain a man getting his head cut off and then picking it up with his left hand, and having an sword in his right hand, and then fighting for 5 miles with this head on his head, can any scientist explain that?????

but wat does baba deep singh ji say about this? "jao tao prem khelan ka chao, sir tar tali gali meri aao"

science would not be able to explain these things but with naam, u dont need to worry about any of that. with naam everything is born with naam everything is come into existance.

maharaj guru nanak dev ji said in the mid 1400's that there are thousands upon thousands galaxies and universes. and modern science figures this out 500 years later, and we still feel the need to find scientic answers to belive in maharaj huh?

maharaj guru nanak dev ji says god can not be destroyed, or created, he just exist on his own, but too bad we dont even read jap ji sahib, so how would we know this. later on science comes along 500 years after maharaj and says "oh there is this such thing callled energy, which can not be created or destroyed, but only transfered"

hello people! wake up! that energy that all these scientists are going crazry tring to figure out, its maharaj's jot! but too bad we dont know anything about it, since we dont even do our nitnems, we dont even know wat sri guru granth sahib ji says.

im sorry, but sikhi is not for highly educated smartass people who need to find written answer for every lil thing. sikhi is about following the hukham of our father, the hukham of our gurdev, who says if u will be mine, then the whole world will be urs, but too bad we dont wish to be out maharaj's sikhs, were all soo damn lost in our ego's, we soo damn lost in our friends, soo damn lost in our lives trying to have fun all the damn time, no time for the panth, no time for our own father.

Shastr I have noticed for some time you keep getting agitated by my questions. I am glad everything is so clear for you but for most people its not. Like I said there is nothing wrong with questions. Shiri Guru Nanak Dev Ji in his youth debated many times with saadhu's, saints etc. I am here to learn.

Curious, then why havn't you learned from those debates that Gurus had with sadhus, saints, fakirs or sajjan thugs, or other lost ones.

Don't we just need to read little bit bani and bani dee veechar.

Here is good link for you if you have some time on hand to listen.

http://www.gurugyan.gurmatchanan.com/

A lot to learn from. Listen slowly slowly all the lectures and come back and see if you are clarified about lot of things in life.

Gur Fateh.