Equality And Amrit

We are all made from 2 basic components. A physical body and a spiritual soul.

The soul is the true reality, spirituallity resides here.

The soul has no Jaat or caste, just the same as Akaal Purakh. Atam and Parmatam. Chakr Chehan ar Baran Jaat ar Paat nahin jeh (Chapai Chand Sri Jaap Sahib).

How then can we treat people of "lower" castes differently? How is this equality?

Some Nihang Singh Dals do not allow Mazbhi singhs to drink from the same bata(during sri amrit sanchaar) and they will not touch food touched by them. opening it up to the sangat, what are your views?

The Lyrical Sleuth.

"Unite, Bear arms, praise God - this is the lyrical spiritual revolution"

Some Nihang Singh Dals do not allow Mazbhi singhs to drink from the same bata(during sri amrit sanchaar) and they will not touch food touched by them.

This was true during the previous Jathedar's time, but the current Jathedar has abolished this.

Many respects to 96Krori Jathedar Akali Baba Joginder Singh Jee.

However, within the diaspora Neegyaini Nidar Dass has persuaded many naive youngsters to subscribe to the dogma of Jat(Farmer) domination.

We focus in on his "Hindu Sikh" melting pot, yet his "farmer tribe" mentality is something else that is polluting the youth.

the big question " Is a Jat Sikh higher than a sikh from any other biraadri?"

The Lyrical Sleuth

"Unite, Bear arms, praise God - this is the lyrical spiritual revolution"

Some Nihang Singh Dals do not allow Mazbhi singhs to drink from the same bata(during sri amrit sanchaar) and they will not touch food touched by them.

This was true during the previous Jathedar's time, but the current Jathedar has abolished this.

previous jathedar was himself a NON jatt baba santa singh belonged to arora caste ... and if u claim that majhabi sikh were treated as untouchables thats also wrong as the balbir singh did seva of a gadvai of baba santa singh for many years before he was used by tohra against baba santa singh ... gadvai means who remains in seva of jathedar all the time ... i have seen many mahazabi sikhs who are given farla by dal panth and doing seva in amritsanchars ...

previous jathedar was himself a NON jatt baba santa singh belonged to arora caste ... and if u claim that majhabi sikh were treated as untouchables thats also wrong as the balbir singh did seva of a gadvai of baba santa singh for many years before he was used by tohra against baba santa singh ... gadvai means who remains in seva of jathedar all the time ... i have seen many mahazabi sikhs who are given farla by dal panth and doing seva in amritsanchars ...

Good to know, but the practice of discriminating against some castes did happen at some Buddha Dal Amrit Sanchars in the past, which is why Jathedar Joginder Singh Ji had to speak out against this in the first place.

Good to know, but the practice of discriminating against some castes did happen at some Buddha Dal Amrit Sanchars in the past, which is why Jathedar Joginder Singh Ji had to speak out against this in the first place.

well yes but truly speaking i never witnessed it ... there may be chances in some gurudwaras ... but when we say dallpanth ... it means at jodmele amrit sanchars in chaunis are amrit sanchars at various gurudwaras of nihang singhs ... but when we say amritsanchar in dal panth ... it means amrit sanchars at hola mahalla in anandpur sahib etc ...

there was a topic on sikh sangat about a white man interested to take amrit from budhadal ... as per old mareyada it was not possible ... during those days i went to rakba for babajis darshan and asked this question ... baba ji always replyed with a smile ... "gore kehra sone de bane hunde jo dal toon amrit nahi shak sakde ... " but they also said one more thing which many of u may not agree with ... that suni muslim cannot take amrit from budhadal ...

mareyada has changed from baba santa singh jis time to baba surjeet singh jis time ... there may be still discrimination in amritsanchars but i never witnessed it ...

Man, there are accounts of Singhs giving amrit to musalmans from the late 1700s.

Yes that's true. I've also read that there were also some qusstionable practices which occurred whenever a Muslim wanted to become Sikh/Khalsa, i.e. serving prashad of wild boar meat, making the new convert wear a boar's tusk etc.

Obviously not in line with Gurmat, but understandable given the political climate of the time, e.g. threat of spies inflitrating etc.

Getting back onto the topic, it would be a shame for there to be discrimination in any of the Nihang Dals, but it's not surpising considering the scourge of the caste system permeates most things in the sub-continent, regardless of religion.

Just have to keep emphasising the Guru's message of equality so hopefully future generations will be so ingrained with it, it will come naturally.