Mixed Raced Marriages

Guest _confused.com_

Why bother to marry in front of someone whose teachings you do not follow?
That was brilliant brother! Thanks for the wake up call!!

jwxhu joiq n pUChu jwqI AwgY jwiq n hy ]1] rhwau ]

jaanahu joth n pooshhahu jaathee aagai jaath n hae ||1|| rehaao ||

Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||

Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Bhairao on Ang 1127

rwgu BYrau mhlw 3 caupdy Gru 1

raag bhairo mehalaa 3 choupadhae ghar 1

Raag Bhairao, Third Mehla, ChauPaday, First House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

jwiq kw grbu n krIAhu koeI ]

jaath kaa garab n kareeahu koee ||

No one should be proud of his social class and status.

bRhmu ibMdy so bRwhmxu hoeI ]1]

breham bi(n)dhae so braahaman hoee ||1||

He alone is a Brahmin, who knows God. ||1||

jwiq kw grbu n kir mUrK gvwrw ]

jaath kaa garab n kar moorakh gavaaraa ||

Do not be proud of your social class and status, you ignorant fool!

iesu grb qy clih bhuqu ivkwrw ]1] rhwau ]

eis garab thae chalehi bahuth vikaaraa ||1|| rehaao ||

So much sin and corruption comes from this pride. ||1||Pause||

cwry vrn AwKY sBu koeI ]

chaarae varan aakhai sabh koee ||

Everyone says that there are four castes, four social classes.

bRhmu ibMd qy sB Epiq hoeI ]2]

breham bi(n)dh thae sabh oupath hoee ||2||

They all emanate from the drop of God's Seed. ||2||

mwtI eyk sgl sMswrw ]

maattee eaek sagal sa(n)saaraa ||

The entire universe is made of the same clay.

bhu ibiD BWfy GVY kum@wrw ]3]

bahu bidhh bhaa(n)ddae gharrai kumhaaraa ||3||

The Potter has shaped it into all sorts of vessels. ||3||

pMc qqu imil dyhI kw Awkwrw ]

pa(n)ch thath mil dhaehee kaa aakaaraa ||

The five elements join together, to make up the form of the human body.

Git viD ko krY bIcwrw ]4]

ghatt vadhh ko karai beechaaraa ||4||

Who can say which is less, and which is more? ||4||

khqu nwnk iehu jIau krm bMDu hoeI ]

kehath naanak eihu jeeo karam ba(n)dhh hoee ||

Says Nanak, this soul is bound by its actions.

ibnu siqgur Byty mukiq n hoeI ]5]1]

bin sathigur bhaettae mukath n hoee ||5||1||

Without meeting the True Guru, it is not liberated. ||5||1||

vrn ichn sglh qy rhqw ] nwnk hir hir gurmuiK jo khqw ]46]

varan chihan sagaleh thae rehathaa || naanak har har guramukh jo kehathaa ||46||

O Nanak, one who becomes Gurmukh chants the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, and rises above all social classes and status symbols. ||46||

hir Bgqw kI jwiq piq hY Bgq hir kY nwim smwxy rwm ]

har bhagathaa kee jaath path hai bhagath har kai naam samaanae raam ||

The Lord is the social class and honor of His devotees; the Lord's devotees merge in the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

hir hir krq jwiq kul hrI ]

har har karath jaath kul haree ||

Chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, erases social classes and ancestral pedigrees.

kbIr ko Twkuru And ibnodI jwiq n kwhU kI mwnI ]2]9]

kabeer ko t(h)aakur anadh binodhee jaath n kaahoo kee maanee ||2||9||

Kabeer's Lord and Master is joyous and blissful; He does not care about anyone's social class. ||2||9||

Abrn brn isau mn hI pRIiq ]

abaran baran sio man hee preeth ||

Those who believe in high and low social classes,

haumY gwvin gwvih gIq ]

houmai gaavan gaavehi geeth ||

only sing songs and chants of egotism.

(Gurujee knew what was coming in future...Punjabi songs glorifying caste)

jwiq brn kul shsw cUkw gurmiq sbid bIcwrI ]1]

jaath baran kul sehasaa chookaa guramath sabadh beechaaree ||1||

Social class and status, race, ancestry and skepticism are eliminated, following the Guru's Teachings and contemplating the Word of the Shabad. ||1||

ijsu mnu mwnY AiBmwnu n qw kau ihMsw loBu ivswry ]

jis man maanai abhimaan n thaa ko hi(n)saa lobh visaarae ||

One whose mind is pleased and appeased, has no egotistical pride. Violence and greed are forgotten.

jwiq jnmu nh pUCIAY sc Gru lyhu bqwie ]

jaath janam neh pooshheeai sach ghar laehu bathaae ||

God does not ask about social class or birth; you must find your true home.

sw jwiq sw piq hY jyhy krm kmwie ]

saa jaath saa path hai jaehae karam kamaae ||

That is your social class and that is your status - the karma of what you have done.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you giving such senseless examples?

sikhi and white

sikh and black

I am actually offended by the above statement.

People should think more than just twice before discussing this touchy subject.

i beg to differ. many spiritual beliefs, traditions and ways of worship are based on tribes, cultures and nations; this includes hindus, ancient greeks, ancient romans, pagans, aztecs and other american indians, aboriginals, african tribes and so on and soforth.

So this makes the statement race has nothing to do with religion to not be true. Although people who worship as part of their culture do not seem to have made separate religions of them, this does happen eventually in the more zealous of fanatical circles.

You're right about many spiritual beliefs, traditions and ways of worship being based on tribes, cultures and such.. and that tribes, and nations such as Romans, Aztecs etc contribute to the creation and the ways of a certain religion.

HOWEVER..We shouldn't relate TODAY'S societies and their effects on religions to those from/in the PAST.

We're not living in ancient times right now, so race does should NOT be a factor AT ALL when it comes to religion. Not today, anyway.

My statement is true.

Cultural values may affect religious values, but race does not affect religious values. Race has NOTHING to do with religion.

We live in a time where we interact with people of MANY different cultures, religions, beliefs, nationalities, and races.

Many individuals are married to someone that is NOT of the same race, but DOES follow the same religion. I can’t seem to understand why you would believe religion (Sikhi) does/should not accept/allow a couple to marry just because they are of a different race.

Our Guru Jis never rejected any race. You do not choose the colour of your skin, but you DO choose the religion you wish to follow/reject.

Please do not state your personal reasoning without looking into the facts.

And I don't know how much knowledge each person has of Adi Guru Granth Sahib who takes part iin anand kartaj act.So can't really judge these days, well I don't think so anyway.

It even used to be quite a normal thing for sikh and hindu marriage 100 years ago. In hostory, nihang singhs used to go marry women in the area they were, perhaps conquering lol.

Approximately 20 years ago, in cities AND villages, most of the people were not aware of the proper way to get married (Anand Kaaraj) at a Gurudwara. Most people did not do the Parkaarmaas! They would sit through the entire ‘Anand Kaaraj’.

Even today, that still happens…. Not to mention the fact that the lower castes are usually not allowed to even marry in a Gurudwara…even if they ARE amrit-dhari!!

i beg to differ. many spiritual beliefs, traditions and ways of worship are based on tribes, cultures and nations; this includes hindus, ancient greeks, ancient romans, pagans, aztecs and other american indians, aboriginals, african tribes and so on and soforth.

So this makes the statement race has nothing to do with religion to not be true. Although people who worship as part of their culture do not seem to have made separate religions of them, this does happen eventually in the more zealous of fanatical circles.

And to be honest, I see it as being hypocritical when preaching against one form of tribalism and practising another when it comes to marriage.

This is precisely how those who promote white pride/power justify their beliefs. However, in context of current reality they are rightly recognized as brainwashed promoters of hate.

The most common example of this type of hate today amongst us is Jatt pride. The words posted above are used all the time to justify this. Jatt pride is for Punjabi Hindoos, not Sikhs. It plays a large role in eroding sikhi around the world. So many of us substitute this as some sort of Sikhi pride. This is a blunted and uneducated view of Sikhi. We may even realize that deep down Jatt pride is wrong but it is hard to drop RACISM of stupid and deluded “superiority” taught to us at an early age. So we import concepts like tribe/culture to justify.

Be as (pick your caste) as you want, but you will have due respect as hindoo brothers and sisters. Identify as a “(pick your caste) sikh” and you will be an enemy of Sikhi.

There are those Sikhs who take pleasure in the mockery of Jatts, justifying their own caste leanings by stupidly considering their sikh lineage as more authentic, refined or superior, others cloak hatred of jatts by seeing themselves as Sikhs oppressed by the same, all these groups are equally responsible for their assault upon sikhi.

Guest anand_wiyah
Approximately 20 years ago, in cities AND villages, most of the people were not aware of the proper way to get married (Anand Kaaraj) at a Gurudwara. Most people did not do the Parkaarmaas! They would sit through the entire ‘Anand Kaaraj’.

Even today, that still happens…. Not to mention the fact that the lower castes are usually not allowed to even marry in a Gurudwara…even if they ARE amrit-dhari!!

hmm to be honest I think it would only be what SGPC consider to be proper anand karaj. I would say not even the "proper" anand karaj introduced by the anand karaj act (which was last century right?) is the traditional way of marriage. I think the style of anand karaj would depend on how much someone follows SGPC, and less to do with how much one follows Guru ji.

There are those Sikhs who take pleasure in the mockery of Jatts, justifying their own caste leanings by stupidly considering their sikh lineage as more authentic, refined or superior, others cloak hatred of jatts by seeing themselves as Sikhs oppressed by the same, all these groups are equally responsible for their assault upon sikhi.

I have seen that first hand. Not all but a number of Jatts can't stand non-Jatts. Not all but a number of non-Jatts can't stand Jatts. I come from a Punjabi Hindu Brahmin family (go ahead strangle me :D ) but was never taught to consider anyone inferior. My best friends (Sikhs) are both Jatt and non-Jatt. And today when I see such "Sikhs" degrade each other based on stupid caste issues, I feel "And you thought there were bahmans only in Hinduism!"

No offense to anyone. You might try as hard as you want to distinguish the castesim in "Sikhs" from the casteism of Hindus, but deep down, your conscience knows that you are only trying to make yourself feel better :)

hmm to be honest I think it would only be what SGPC consider to be proper anand karaj. I would say not even the "proper" anand karaj introduced by the anand karaj act (which was last century right?) is the traditional way of marriage. I think the style of anand karaj would depend on how much someone follows SGPC, and less to do with how much one follows Guru ji.

Hmm.. SGPC is not always correct, yes. I agree with what you're saying.

What I was specifying though, was the absence of Parkarmaas itself.

Guest Guest

There is no harm in Mixed Race Marriages.

Majority fail to understand that the basis of such marriages is Love.

These unions are not arranged and carry no religious or spiritual values in the true sense.

If they belong to different religions (which is not good in the long term) they should go for a Civil or Court marriage without religious ceremony.

If both are Sikhs, Anand Karaj is fine.

Guest _Sukh_

The word Sikh is used to easily. Who is a true Sikh, A Punjabi (chamar?jatt?tharkan?nai?etc?) that eats meat, drinks intoxicates, lies cheats way through life who has Lust, greed, ego.

or Someone that lives life remembering God in every single action, has no greed, lust, ego, is truthful has compassion, love.

A lot of “Sikhs” get married in Gurdwaras by doing Anand Karaj. But they have all the vices of a non Sikh in Guru Granth Sahibs eyes.

So why is it ok for them to get married in a Gurdwara and not others just because they were bought up in a different environment but have the essence of a true Sikh.

Why are “Sikhs” becoming or were hypocritical and racist/elitist.

Guest Guest

lol haha the meat propoganda again, I wonder what a rehitvan nihang singh would think of that statement.

I do hope this site follows "panthic" maryada to be able to be ok with this post