Remembering our Beloved departed Gursikhs

Wow AMZING keertan ^_^ :WW: :WW: ^_^^_^

Vaheguroo Vaheguroo

are there anymore Keertan files availble by Bibi Reena Kaur jee ^_^

Wow - Although i didn't know any of the Gursikhs personally - Panth has lost something incredible - by listening to the Kirtan, and Bhai sahib Bhai Parminder Singh jee's Kathas ^_^^_^^_^

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posted from other forums:

Vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa

Vaaheguroo jee kee fatheh !!

In heartfelt benti and ardaas to Akaal Purakh for the chardee kalaa and rakhia of the souls of Bhai Charanjeet Singh Jee, Bhai Parminder Singh Jee, and Bibi Rena Kaur Jee,

there will be many programs this weekend and the upcoming week.

For the information of the sangat, there is Nitnem & Sri Asa Di Vaar at Bhai Parminder Singh's house in the morning Sunday.

At 8am there is keertan at Bibi Rena Kaur's house until 10:30am.

At Gurdwara Sahib Dasmesh Darbar there will be some memorial speeches at 11:00am.

At Khalsa Primary School (on 124st, near 69th ave) there is a Sri Akhand Paath Sahib for which the bhog will probably be 5:30 am Monday morning.

At Gurdwara Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Sikh Society (on 88ave, near 144st) there will be keertan program from 4:00pm - 7:30pm.

There is a Sri Akhand Paath Sahib at Gurdwara Sahib Dasmesh Darbar (on 128st, near 88ave) as well, and there are programs at Gurdwara Sahib Amrit Parkash this weekend and into the week.

Sangataa are encouraged to come to the Sri Akhand Paat Sahib at Khalsa Primary School and meet with the Gursikhs for more information about other programs in the community.

If anybody has more detailed information please feel free to post it.

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh !!

CanWest News Services has a subscription only internet news system, (and for some reason you can't copy and paste it) so I'm going to type up the article from this morning:

They were our bright future, says a grieving community

Matthew Ramsey and Stuart Hunter

The Province

14844-5292.jpg

Alberta emergency crews work feverishly at the crash site near Brooks, Alta., where three people died.

May 9, 2004

Lower Mainland Sikhs were mourning two promising youth leaders and a young girl with a bright future yesterday -- all three dead in a grim highway crash in Alberta.

Parminder Chahal and Charnjit Singh, both 27 and key youth instructors at the Guru Nanak Academy in Surrey, were willed along with 17-year-old Rena Dhillon Friday Morning when their minivan rolled on Highway 1 near Brooks.

Four teens and a 12-year-old, all from Surrey, were also hurt but are expected to survive.

The group was heading from Surrey to the Nagar Kirtan Festival in Edmonton, where they were to perform gatkha, a traditional Sikh martial art.

The sister of two of the injured people said the group had missed a turnoff, stopped for directions and were on their way back to the correct road when the accident occurred.

Investigators are trying to determine if fatigue and speed were factors in the crash.

Harpreet Sondh, said her brother, Sundeep, was in the van and recalls it rolling eight to ten times. He escaped the crash with just seven stitches on his knee.<

br>

Chahal was behind the wheel when he apparently lost control of the vehicle and it rolled before coming to rest in a field on the north side of the highway.

Chahal was the only occupant of the van wearing a seatbelt -- and the only one not thrown from the wreck.

Singh, who was visiting Canada at Chahal's invitation, was pronounced dead at the scene.

"It's certainly a very large tragedy," said Staff-Sgt. Ray Noble of the Brooks RCMP.

"Family members, and all of their group in the temple I'm sure, will be impacted. The impact will spread well beyond the occupants in the vehicle and their immediate families."

Chahal and Dhillon died yesterday morning in hospital.

Passengers Sundeep Sondh, 15, and Teghbir Badwal, 17 were treated for minor injuries and released from hospital Friday.

Mundeep Sondh, 12, and Gagandeep Sahota, 17, and Sukhjinder Bains, 15, all remain in hospital and are being treated for extensive, non-life-threatening injuries.

Sukhpreet Heir, secretary at the Gurudwara Sahib Dasmesh Darbar temple in Surrey, described Chahal and Singh as important mentors and spiritual guides for youth.

Chahal was the head of the Guru Nanak Academy and was dedicated to his faith and the prevention of violence among youth in his community, Heir said yesterday. He also preached at the temple every Sunday.

"His way of preaching, his way of handling the program was what was needed by youth," added temple volunteer Amarjeet Kaur.

"It's such a great loss that we have suffered," Heir Said. "We need more individuals such as him"

Singh was visiting from the Punjab, where he was a prominent member of a Sikh institution and an expert in gatkha. Chahal met Singh on a visit to India 18 months ago, Heir said.

Singh had been in Canada for about four months and worked with as many as 70 young people instructing them in gatkha. Dhillon and the other youth in the van were students of Singh and Chahal and have shown great potent

ial in all areas, Heir said.

"These are the kids we all hope for to carry a bright future for our community," he said.

Funeral services at the temple are being planned for all three. Heir said Singh's body will be flown back to India following the service.

Meantime, Sikhs from Vancouver and Toronto are coming together to help the families of the dead and injured however they can, including paying for the funeral and transportation of Singh's body, Heir said.

"The whole community feels this," said Iqbal Gill from the Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara Society in Surrey. "I didn't even know them, but we all share the grief they are feeling."

Harpreet Sondh, whose brothers Sundeep and Mundeep were injured in the rollover, said yesterday that her parents are at Mundeep's side. The Grade 7 student from Strawberry Hill suffered serious leg injuries and some damage to his spleen and lungs. Although he was unconscious yesterday, he is expected to recover.

Sundeep is a Grade 9 student at Princess Margaret. Both are dedicated gatkha students who began practicing the martial art just four months ago.

Harpreet, 16, said she planned to head for Calgary to see her brothers as soon as possible.

"I'm planning to take a lot of balloons and roses and flowers," she told The Sunday Province. "[My brothers are] the most important thing in my life."

Guest rsingh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

although i did not know them, after reading the article and posts aswell as listening to the simran, i can feel the loss my brothers and sisters are feeling in canada, and around the world. this is truly a tragedy may guru ji bless there souls and give us the strength to deal with loss of out brothers and sister. :'(

let us express our sorro at this great loss not though tears but through bani.

Rubb Rakha

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

mrxu muxsw sUirAw hku hY jo hoie mrin prvwxo ]

maran munasaa sooriaa hak hai jo hoe maran paravaano ||

The death of brave heroes is blessed, if it is approved by God.

I have had the honour of talking to Rena Kaur a few times. Can never forget her enthusiasm on wearing the dastaar. She was very happy and wanted to wear it forever.

Three precious lives were lost, a void created which will be difficult to fill. All we can do is accept His will. As Guru Nanak sahib says:

Awpy vyKY Awpy bUJY Awpy hukmu pCwxY ]

aapae vaekhai aapae boojhai aapae hukam pashhaanai ||

He Himself beholds it, and He Himself understands it. He Himself realizes the Hukam of His Command

ijin ikCu kIAw soeI jwxY qw kw rUpu Apwro ]

jin kishh keeaa soee jaanai thaa kaa roop apaaro ||

He who created these things, He alone knows. His subtle form is infinite.

nwnk iks no bwbw roeIAY bwjI hY iehu sMswro ]4]2]

naanak kis no baabaa roeeai baajee hai eihu sa(n)saaro |

;|4||2||

Nanak: for whom should we mourn, O Baba? This world is merely a play. ||4||2||

Rena Phaenjee's posts on this forum : http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...sult_type=posts

She will be missed by many...

-------------

Shabad she posted under inspiration thread !

------------

vaheguru...

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Vadhans on Pannaa 587

pauVI ]

pourree ||

Pauree:

iqsu gur kau hau vwirAw ijin hir kI hir kQw suxweI ]

this gur ko ho vaariaa jin har kee har kathhaa sunaaee ||

I am a sacrifice to the Guru, who recites the sermon of the Lord's Teachings.

iqsu gur kau sd bilhwrxY ijin hir syvw bxq bxweI ]

this gur ko sadh balihaaranai jin har saevaa banath banaaee ||

I am forever a sacrifice to that Guru, who has led me to serve the Lord. blush.gif

so siqguru ipAwrw myrY nwil hY ijQY ikQY mYno ley CfweI ]

so sathigur piaaraa maerai naal hai jithhai kithhai maino leae shhaddaaee ||

That Beloved True Guru is always with me; wherever I may be, He will sa

ve me.

iqsu gur kau swbwis hY ijin hir soJI pweI ]

this gur ko saabaas hai jin har sojhee paaee ||

Most blessed is that Guru, who imparts understanding of the Lord.

nwnku gur ivthu vwirAw ijin hir nwmu dIAw myry mn kI Aws purweI ]5]

naanak gur vittahu vaariaa jin har naam dheeaa maerae man kee aas puraaee ||5||

O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to the Guru, who has given me the Lord's Name, and fulfilled the desires of my mind. ||5||