Singhni To Run 10k - Need Sangat's Help

i recieved this email from a friend.

please do what ever you can to help...

Waheguruji ka khalsa Waheguruji ki fateh!

Support me for the British 10k run

Fundraising for Khalsa Aid

I have decided to take part in the BRITISH 10K RUN on SUNDAY 12th JULY 09

http://www.thebritish10klondon.co.uk/

I am running to raise funds for projects that are being implemented by Khalsa Aid in Panjab

Khalsa Aid (KA) is primarily a humanitarian relief agency, based on the teachings of the Sikh Gurus who preached well being of all humanity. Since the launch of KA in 1999 they have provided aid in many different disasters, this has only been possible due to the generosity of the Sikh community worldwide but mostly funded by the UK based Sikhs. The idea behind KA has been to provide cross border humanitarian relief and also to raise awareness of global relief and development work.

www.khalsaaid.org

The projects that will benefit from this sponsored run are:

* Drugs awareness amongst Panjabi youth in Panjab

* Children’s Education and welfare in Panjabi villages

* Empowering Panjabi families to escape poverty

I wish to raise a minimum of £2500, so I need all of you; my family, friends and sangat to give generously and help me achieve my target.

Please support me in raising funds for Khalsa Aid. click on the link below and donate generously.

http://www.khalsaaid.org/

Seva is a word used to refer to "selfless service", performed without any thought of reward or personal benefit. Service rendered to humanity (i.e. God in man) is indeed considered a form of worship. In fact, in Sikhism, "no worship is conceivable without seva" (Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji on Ang 1013).

So come on my brothers and sisters, let’s show our support for this wonderful cause and serve humanity by donating generously.

http://www.khalsaaid.org/

Humble sevak of Guru

Harnish Kaur.

P.S. please forward this message to all the people you know. We need all the support we can get and every little helps.

Satnaam.

post-21333-1246198160.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From Harnish Kaur

Waheguruji ka khalsa Waheguruji ki fateh!

Yesterday I finished the British 10k Run in 1 hour 15 minutes!!! Thank you everyone who supported me, believed in me and sent me their best wishes. Without Guru’s Kirpa and their encouragement I would not have been able to achieve what I did. So thank you very much and please keep supporting me in the future as well.

I had a great time. In the morning, I was so excited and nervous because it was my first ever run and I didn’t know what to expect. There were over 27,000 runners and hundreds of supporters. The atmosphere was amazing. It was funny to see some people dressed in gorilla costumes, I even saw a spider man. Very creative!

Although I had been training in the gym for 15 days prior to the run, it did not compare to the real thing. Running on a treadmill in an air-conditioned room cannot completely prepare you to run on varied terrain in the summer heat. I began the run confidently and with a focused attitude, but by the time I reached the 5km marker, I was worn out. That’s when I did Ardas to Waheguru and began listening to Jaap Sahib. Guruji’s Bani kept me going all the way till the end. When I crossed the finish line, I had the biggest smile on my face and a great sense of achievement. Although physically I was exhausted, mentally I was ready to run the marathon!

I am very happy that the money raised will go towards FOCUS PUNJAB. This is Khalsa Aid’s latest project, the aim of which is to sponsor some very poor Sikh children in Punjab; helping them with free education and healthcare. Also Drugs Awareness campaigns will be started in schools to tackle the issue in its roots and save the next generation from this evil.

If you are yet to donate then its not too late to do so, just click on the link:

http://www.khalsaaid.org/donate.html

Thankyou once again everyone for your support :)

Satnaam ji.

it is not too late to donate. please ask your friends, family, parents, older brothers and sisters who have access to a legal bank account lol!!!

ALL the money is goin to a GOOD cause. and it will also go towards helping the suffering families who claimed refuge from the Taliban in Sri Panja Sahib, Pakistan.

Please donate as little or as much as you can.

Mahakaal Rakhvala

Can you provide the exact link where one can donate? I found the paypal link, but isn't there a link that where the donations go under the girl's name?

no the donations under paypal go straight to khalsa aid. unless you give her the money directly. she chose to be the forerunner for the khalsa aid charity.

i have to Harnish Kaur of your interest in donating and here is what she said:

I cannot call you by Papi, as you are doing a good deed. Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it. It gives me hope and srength to run again next year.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Gurfateh Ji

Please pass on my regards to Bibi Harnish Kaur, on behalf of all the sevadaars and students at Akaal Muay Thai we congratulate her for her efforts. We would like to invite her to train at our class and hope next year we can get some singhs and bibis from the class to run as well next year.

Akaal Muay Thai will also be donating £1000 to Khalsa Aid in her name,

On a separate note it is sad and an example of the state of our youth and wider community that this thread only got around 300 views and 6 replies (mostly from one person) whilst threads like

"Hindu Mob Trying To Sexually Harass Cnn Reporter, Exposure" got 1690 views!

Bhull chuk maaf

Baljit Singh

Gurfateh Ji

Please pass on my regards to Bibi Harnish Kaur, on behalf of all the sevadaars and students at Akaal Muay Thai we congratulate her for her efforts. We would like to invite her to train at our class and hope next year we can get some singhs and bibis from the class to run as well next year.

Akaal Muay Thai will also be donating £1000 to Khalsa Aid in her name,

On a separate note it is sad and an example of the state of our youth and wider community that this thread only got around 300 views and 6 replies (mostly from one person) whilst threads like

"Hindu Mob Trying To Sexually Harass Cnn Reporter, Exposure" got 1690 views!

Bhull chuk maaf

Baljit Singh

Wow thats brilliant keep up the seva and veerji we have got some good muay thai stuff (videos and mp3s), I can send if you pm. Its true only the controversial topics 'sell'.

Satpunga Veerji thanks for the link, also just wondering did this singni run in bana? :) (doesnt matter rely but hey)