California Akj Samagam Trouble

SoCal

I do not know what Bhai Amolak SIngh did, nor is it my business. This is strict policy that no particular person is above. Maybe in Australia and India the standards are not as strict. I have heard that Tapoban follow similar strict standards when allowing Kirtan seva.

Cali Smagams are still awesome. This year Bhai Gurdev SIngh did keertan for 3 hours which included Sri Dasam Granth Banis like Akal Ustat. Bhai Gurpreet SIngh did Naam Abhyiaas for at least one hour, Bhai Prabhjot Singh finished the Smagam in which he also recited Banis from Sri Dasam Granth. Personally I dont know of any Smagams besides Bay Area smagams in which bani ( Sri Dasam Granth Bani) that has been neglected for many years is being reintroduced to sangat . We have remained blind to the beautiful banis of Sri Dasam Granth for many years its nice to see that these banis are being sung in Smagam nowadays. Im not saying California Smagams are the best , I believe all smagams in which Naam Simran and Gurbani are being recited are great. I just believe we shouldnt be focus on the Kirtani instead we should be focusing on the Kirtan.

:D Do you have link for the above smagam?

Hopefully they will be up on Keertan.net in the near future. :)

California is quick to ban anyone and everyone that they want. With an overlap of people between the (anti) Panthic Network, these same people have banned so far:

Bhai Harpreet Singh (Toronto)

Bhai Manmohan Singh (California)

Bhai Amolak Singh (Australia)

Bhai Ranjit Singh (Jammu)

I dont want to be focusing on other peoples Jivan or views thats why I do not try to look into these things. I know the California Singhs have strict standards in allowing Kirtan seva . They will not allow seva if someone has done something against Gurmat. Thus I respect this policy and do not try to waste my time figuring out why certain people cant do kirtan.

But just to clear matters up one of the SInghs you mentioned above is banned from doing Kirtan because of his perverse and manmat view of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. As he stated Dasmesh Pita Ji's pavitar Bani was written by a Bahman. Thus he will no longer be invited to do kirtan unless he changes his postion on Dasmi Patshahs Bani. Again I dont want this to turn into a Sri Dasam Granth debate, as the forum has already affirmed its position on this view. In regards to Jatha and Sri Dasam Granth. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji has regarded it as Bani. Yet people still doubt and say Bhai Sahib wrote that many years ago, and since then people could have added things to Sri Dasam Granth. If thats the case then why are they doubting/denying the previous Jathedar Pooran Jis stance on Sri Dasam Granth. He has clearly regarded all Banis contained as Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Ji in Sri Dasam Granth. This announcement/press statment is available on the net.

This is my last post on this thread. As I have stated I dont want to focus on other peoples life, they know what they think, believe, and did. I am not into Jatha politics nor am I part of any Jatha. I just like the Maryada followed by the Jatha, and I like having Sangat of Naam Abhyiaas Gursikhs. Also, I just wanted to clear matters up so people dont get the wrong impression about California SInghs

California singhs create a great impression themselves by making up gurmat as they go along, sending people for peshiya when they haven't done a kurhaiet, banning people willy nilly if they don't hold the same view on debatable topics, not following panj pyare hukams on matters and creating their own asool on bans.. umm they seem to remind of the taliban in the strictest form, if you don't agree with us your are out simple as that, we will ban you, disgrace you, and above all make sure that we show who the boss is... to me that is not sign of naam abhyiaasee singhs, for they would have on interest in half of these galan, if you did vichar with 10 akj singshs, half of them wouldn't have a clue about dasam granth, if you discuss one pangti of gurbani they would all most likely come out with a different vichar, in your area you would probably ban the one who doesn't agree with your view !!!! crazy i tell you, just crazy !!!!

Been there, seen it and glad to be out of this circle quickly. From my viewpoint, too much power is given to a particular person or a family and they are in power for the past 10+ years? Due to of that, it naturally shows the sign of mis-use of the power of jathedareyship (it is human nature and even i will become like that). Even American president can only be elected twice and that is only to give fresh face a chance and prevention of any mis-use of power.

Anyway, I know that I have no say or any right to give suggestions to this california AKJ group as i am not part of it but I think it is up to the members of this group who need to decide and think of its future. If they see everything is okay then its cool, but if they think it is not cool then they need to be proactive.

Vicky Singh

But just to clear matters up one of the SInghs you mentioned above is banned from doing Kirtan because of his perverse and manmat view of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. As he stated Dasmesh Pita Ji's pavitar Bani was written by a Bahman. Thus he will no longer be invited to do kirtan unless he changes his postion on Dasmi Patshahs Bani. Again I dont want this to turn into a Sri Dasam Granth debate, as the forum has already affirmed its position on this view. In regards to Jatha and Sri Dasam Granth. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji has regarded it as Bani. Yet people still doubt and say Bhai Sahib wrote that many years ago, and since then people could have added things to Sri Dasam Granth. If thats the case then why are they doubting/denying the previous Jathedar Pooran Jis stance on Sri Dasam Granth. He has clearly regarded all Banis contained as Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Ji in Sri Dasam Granth. This announcement/press statment is available on the net.1

Regarding Dasam Granth Bani stand, we cannot go and force people to accept it without giving them chance or time to understand this issue more deeply. I know about akj.org sewadars stance on this topic and i have no hate against them even though i am very much involved in the positive approach to spread the message of Dasam Patshah da granth di bani. If you see or meet other person with opposing viewpoint then you should not loose the ground and start attacking that person politically, instead arrange a private low profile meeting with the scholars such as G.S. Lamba or Gurinder Maan (uk) or others. Anyway, point is that one can do the positive work without using the force tactic (such as banning them from performing kirtan).

If California AKJ are so strict then why they accepted the award last sunday from Fremont Gurdwara management when its president Harjot Singh K. denied us flatly to hold Dasam Seminar in their Gurughar last year. Why not buycott them as well?

But just to clear matters up one of the SInghs you mentioned above is banned from doing Kirtan because of his perverse and manmat view of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. As he stated Dasmesh Pita Ji's pavitar Bani was written by a Bahman. Thus he will no longer be invited to do kirtan unless he changes his postion on Dasmi Patshahs Bani. Again I dont want this to turn into a Sri Dasam Granth debate, as the forum has already affirmed its position on this view. In regards to Jatha and Sri Dasam Granth. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji has regarded it as Bani. Yet people still doubt and say Bhai Sahib wrote that many years ago, and since then people could have added things to Sri Dasam Granth. If thats the case then why are they doubting/denying the previous Jathedar Pooran Jis stance on Sri Dasam Granth. He has clearly regarded all Banis contained as Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Ji in Sri Dasam Granth. This announcement/press statment is available on the net.1

Regarding Dasam Granth Bani stand, we cannot go and force people to accept it without giving them chance or time to understand this issue more deeply. I know about akj.org sewadars stance on this topic and i have no hate against them even though i am very much involved in the positive approach to spread the message of Dasam Patshah da granth di bani. If you see or meet other person with opposing viewpoint then you should not loose the ground and start attacking that person politically, instead arrange a private low profile meeting with the scholars such as G.S. Lamba or Gurinder Maan (uk) or others. Anyway, point is that one can do the positive work without using the force tactic (such as banning them from performing kirtan).

If California AKJ are so strict then why they accepted the award last sunday from Fremont Gurdwara management when its president Harjot Singh K. denied us flatly to hold Dasam Seminar in their Gurughar last year. Why not buycott them as well?

Again I dont want to get into these long and meaningless debates. I just want to clear things up so people do not get the wrong impression about California Sangat. This is not about discrimination against any person or group. Taksali Singhs are encouraged to kirtan at Rainsubaaes at California programs as long as their views on Sri Dasam Granth are not perverse. If people from other parts of the world do not want to take a stance in respecting Sri Dasam Granth Bani and propagating the Bani with Kirtanis who believe in it then thats their fault they will have to answer to Guru Ji eventually.

Bhai Sahib, In regards to Sri Dasam Granth Seminar, it was the previous comittee that did not allow the seminar to take place for whatever reasons. But this does not mean that the current commitee or Fremont Sangat is ANti- Dasam Granth. If they were then why would they allow Sri Dasam Granth Bani kirtan in the Darbar Sahib at Fremont Gurdwara. Over the last year or two I have not been to a Fremont Rainsubaee in which bani from Sri Dasam Granth was not sung.

To compare the previous committee with Singhs whose anti Dasam Granth views are blasphemous is just plain wrong and misleading. Certain Singhs have been banned from doing Kirtan because they quesion Guru Jis bani. Rainsubaees are not for the comittee they are for the sangat to take laha. If a group of politicians dont like Dasmi Paatshahs bani then thats their choice. They dont own the Gurdwara. Gurdwara belongs to Guru Ji, and there should be no reason why sangat should be deprived from all nigh kirtan programs. But I can assure you that such politicians who have anti-Dasam Granth views will not be allowed to do kirtan seva. If people have anti Dasam Granth views they are more then likely to start their own Jathas and do kirtan where ever they please, but it doesnt make sense for them to do kirtan with Sangat who have strong Pro Dasam Granth beliefs.

Again I dont want to keep going back and forth with these things I am fully aware that people have animosity towards California Sangat. As many Singhs from California/North America well not even attend the Cali Smagams out of spite, thus its pointless to debate with people who have a revengeful agenda and careless about kirtan/religion and care more about petty feuds. We need to understand that controversy over Sri Dasam Granth is nothing new. What did you think the Hindus were thinking when Guru Sahib wrote this granth. They try to cause confusion and doubt about this Granth because they believed it was attack on their beliefs. Similarly people are still tryting to confuse confusionand doubt about this granth, they are trying to mislead the sangat. Thus they should not be allowed to do kirtan. It has nothing to do with force, its about principles . People like Darhan Sinhh are even questioning Amrit Sanchar Banis, do you think people like that should be allowed to do kirtan in Gurus Ghar?

Again I dont want to get into these long and meaningless debates. I just want to clear things up so people do not get the wrong impression about California Sangat. This is not about discrimination against any person or group. Taksali Singhs are encouraged to kirtan at Rainsubaaes at California programs as long as their views on Sri Dasam Granth are not perverse. If people from other parts of the world do not want to take a stance in respecting Sri Dasam Granth Bani and propagating the Bani with Kirtanis who believe in it then thats their fault they will have to answer to Guru Ji eventually.

Bhai Sahib, In regards to Sri Dasam Granth Seminar, it was the previous comittee that did not allow the seminar to take place for whatever reasons. But this does not mean that the current commitee or Fremont Sangat is ANti- Dasam Granth. If they were then why would they allow Sri Dasam Granth Bani kirtan in the Darbar Sahib at Fremont Gurdwara. Over the last year or two I have not been to a Fremont Rainsubaee in which bani from Sri Dasam Granth was not sung.

To compare the previous committee with Singhs whose anti Dasam Granth views are blasphemous is just plain wrong and misleading. Certain Singhs have been banned from doing Kirtan because they quesion Guru Jis bani. Rainsubaees are not for the comittee they are for the sangat to take laha. If a group of politicians dont like Dasmi Paatshahs bani then thats their choice. They dont own the Gurdwara. Gurdwara belongs to Guru Ji, and there should be no reason why sangat should be deprived from all nigh kirtan programs. But I can assure you that such politicians who have anti-Dasam Granth views will not be allowed to do kirtan seva. If people have anti Dasam Granth views they are more then likely to start their own Jathas and do kirtan where ever they please, but it doesnt make sense for them to do kirtan with Sangat who have strong Pro Dasam Granth beliefs.

Again I dont want to keep going back and forth with these things I am fully aware that people have animosity towards California Sangat. As many Singhs from California/North America well not even attend the Cali Smagams out of spite, thus its pointless to debate with people who have a revengeful agenda and careless about kirtan/religion and care more about petty feuds. We need to understand that controversy over Sri Dasam Granth is nothing new. What did you think the Hindus were thinking when Guru Sahib wrote this granth. They try to cause confusion and doubt about this Granth because they believed it was attack on their beliefs. Similarly people are still tryting to confuse confusionand doubt about this granth, they are trying to mislead the sangat. Thus they should not be allowed to do kirtan. It has nothing to do with force, its about principles . People like Darhan Sinhh are even questioning Amrit Sanchar Banis, do you think people like that should be allowed to do kirtan in Gurus Ghar?

Anyone who speaks ill of Dasam bani should be treated as indulging in blasphemy. No dealings with such a person.

It is a fact that Harjot singh Khalsa did not allow a Dasam Granth seminar to take place last year. He may not be against Dasam Granth. He may be scared to annoy the opponents of Dasam granth. In case of scriptures it is not right to toe a political line. Religion is first.

Call Harjot and ask him directly as we already called him last year to do the second seminar and he flatly gave NO to the answer after taking time to think for one week. The first management (Ram Singh) didn't denied us to hold the seminar because we never asked them.We only asked them to let Lamba uncle speak on stage for small time and they gave us 45 mins of the prime time (though agreed that DG talk will be held some other time but not at that time).

I don't think it is you who is speaking. You are speaking on behalf of someone thus shows the cut/copy/paste style format in your reply. I haven't heard any reason that why Amolakh Singh was not allowed to do kirtan (despite the fact that he came all the way from Australia). I know we will never get any straight reply or answers to that because everybody will know how wrong & BS stuff it is.