Hindu Mob Trying To Sexually Harass Cnn Reporter

In Hinduism, a woman is never to be left as an independent individual.

She is to be accompanied by her father. If not father, brother (age does not matter). If not brother, uncle. If not uncle, husband. If not husband, male cousin...etc

Not really true .. in North India the reality was that the presence of foreign invaders and elements meant that the culture always veered around to being protective of women and keeping them sheltered out of unclean eyes.

however in South India, you can see more or less how women were/are left to their own devices and left to do their own thing.

I wasn't relating it to the different parts of india/the world when it comes to this topic.

I'm, strictly, relating the sexism (within the Hindu community) with the religion, Hinduism.

Their religion teaches them what I had listed in my previous post.

In Hinduism, a woman is never to be left as an independent individual.

She is to be accompanied by her father. If not father, brother (age does not matter). If not brother, uncle. If not uncle, husband. If not husband, male cousin...etc

Not really true .. in North India the reality was that the presence of foreign invaders and elements meant that the culture always veered around to being protective of women and keeping them sheltered out of unclean eyes.

however in South India, you can see more or less how women were/are left to their own devices and left to do their own thing.

I wasn't relating it to the different parts of india/the world when it comes to this topic.

I'm, strictly, relating the sexism (within the Hindu community) with the religion, Hinduism.

Their religion teaches them what I had listed in my previous post.

Sorry, my point is again misunderstood. Hindus in North India and Hindus in South India behave very differently.

In South India, there are still societies and families that are matrilineal, which means, that inheritance passes on to the eldest female and a man marries into a female household. Did you ever hear of that.

'Sexism' as you put it came to these parts North Indian brahmins who came via Gujarat and Andhra before and during muslim created chaos bought the patrilineal culture which slowly replaced the matrilineal one. And this is just one example.

So I stick to my stand that a lot of changes did indeed come about after external assaults on North Indian hinduism, which then became restrictive and sexist as you like to put it. To see the original hinduism one still has to visit South India or places in the North East like Assam etc.

Sorry, my point is again misunderstood. Hindus in North India and Hindus in South India behave very differently.

In South India, there are still societies and families that are matrilineal, which means, that inheritance passes on to the eldest female and a man marries into a female household. Did you ever hear of that.

'Sexism' as you put it came to these parts North Indian brahmins who came via Gujarat and Andhra before and during muslim created chaos bought the patrilineal culture which slowly replaced the matrilineal one. And this is just one example.

So I stick to my stand that a lot of changes did indeed come about after external assaults on North Indian hinduism, which then became restrictive and sexist as you like to put it. To see the original hinduism one still has to visit South India or places in the North East like Assam etc.

I'm sorry too..that you misunderstood my points.

& I still stick to my stand as well.

You are still mentioning different regions etc where Hindus behave differently.

I am not talking about different areas of the country/world where Hindus behave differently.

I am talking about the religion itself.

You're asking me if I have heard of the eldest female getting inheritance. Then you mention how in some cases, a man marries into a woman's house.

Again.. I am not talking about CULTURE. I am talking about Hinduism, the RELIGION. There is a big difference.

Please do your research before posting things.

'Muslims came to India and changed the Hindu culture', I agree.

HOWEVER.. It does not change the fact that Hinduism oppresses women THROUGH THE ACTUAL RELIGION.

You are, in fact, incorrect about needing to visit South India or places in the North East to "see the original Hinduism" because you are pointing me in a direction that will show me the differences between some CULTURAL Hindu communities.

However.. That is NOT where I am getting at.

Again... I am strictly relating the sexism to the religion, not different cultures/cultural areas which change the cultural values/beliefs of a group.

The scripts stay the same. The teachings stay the same. The Gods stay the same. The RELIGIOUS beliefs stay the same. The religion stays the same.

Culture ≠ Religion

I am not trying to be offensive. I'm just stating facts.

& the fact is that.. In Hinduism, the ACTUAL religion (through scripts, teachings, the several Gods they pray to) they are taught what I had mentioned in my previous post.

Please do not get confused with culture and religion..as they are very different in most parts of the world.

>> I am not trying to be offensive. I'm just stating facts

sorry, I am yet to see any facts. What you stated was your opinion.

matrilineal societies are a fact. In fact the only other matrilineal society worshipping women and women goddesses exists in Ireland/Wales apart from South India. There are a lot of links between dravidian cultures with those of Irish/Basque cultures, and primary among them was the primacy that they gave to women and worship of female deities and feminine rituals. The cultures that oppressed women and were t ypically 'sexist' were the 'Indo-European' cultures and the Germanic tribes and Arabs/Semitic cultures and the religions descended from these cultures. Sorry, but I do not see any homogeneity in Christianity and Hinduism here.

the 'religion' called Hinduism seems to be sexist now/today/here because we seeing effects on this religion post various traumas like Islamic invasion, British misrule etc. If the Hindu religion was 'sexist' before these, then you need to show with concrete examples of such during times before Mughal period.

matrilineal societies are a fact. In fact the only other matrilineal society worshipping women and women goddesses exists in Ireland/Wales apart from South India. There are a lot of links between dravidian cultures with those of Irish/Basque cultures, and primary among them was the primacy that they gave to women and worship of female deities and feminine rituals. The cultures that oppressed women and were t ypically 'sexist' were the 'Indo-European' cultures and the Germanic tribes and Arabs/Semitic cultures and the religions descended from these cultures. Sorry, but I do not see any homogeneity in Christianity and Hinduism here.

the 'religion' called Hinduism seems to be sexist now/today/here because we seeing effects on this religion post various traumas like Islamic invasion, British misrule etc. If the Hindu religion was 'sexist' before these, then you need to show with concrete examples of such during times before Mughal period.

If you would like to see these facts, then please go read the RELIGIOUS HINDU scriptures. There, you will find the sexism that spreads through the minds of Hindus. The concrete examples which you are asking me for are in the religious Hindu scriptures.

Christianity, along with Hinduism and Islam have countless set of restrictions against women for no reasons. These rules are sexist.

I am not talking about the Hinduism TODAY.

I am not the one who is stating my opinions. Please do your research on the Hindu religion. (NOT CULTURE..RELIGION)

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not at all disrespectful to make things up about a religion.

Again.. Please do your research. The PROOF etc you're looking for are the Holy Hindu Scriptures.

If you would like to see these facts, then please go read the RELIGIOUS HINDU scriptures. There, you will find the sexism that spreads through the minds of Hindus. The concrete examples which you are asking me for are in the religious Hindu scriptures.

Christianity, along with Hinduism and Islam have countless set of restrictions against women for no reasons. These rules are sexist.

I am not talking about the Hinduism TODAY.

I am not the one who is stating my opinions. Please do your research on the Hindu religion. (NOT CULTURE..RELIGION)

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not at all disrespectful to make things up about a religion.

Again.. Please do your research. The PROOF etc you're looking for are the Holy Hindu Scriptures.

Krishan has been called a KEET (INSECT) IN Dasam Granth Sahib Jee. Krishan used to pick up the clothes of young girls while they used to take bath. If such a person is considered to be God, what do u expect from the followers ?

Ram left his wife just on the heresay. When such person are called God or avatars of God, the followers try to emulate the deeds of such persons and as a result the character of the "avatar" becomes a part of the character of his followers.

Krishan has been called a KEET (INSECT) IN Dasam Granth Sahib Jee. Krishan used to pick up the clothes of young girls while they used to take bath. If such a person is considered to be God, what do u expect from the followers ?

Ram left his wife just on the heresay. When such person are called God or avatars of God, the followers try to emulate the deeds of such persons and as a result the character of the "avatar" becomes a part of the character of his followers.

This is what I am trying to tell Raju to read for him/herself. Although we are not to entirely discuss dasam granth on this forum, I am trying to encourage Raju to read holy Hindu scriptures. Many Hindu gods took advantage of being the male rulers. Many male Hindu gods disrespected the female Hindu gods just because of they were females. I do not wish to post links or whatnot to prove the existence of sexism in Hinduism because there are young visitors browsing this site.

Raju, please read the religious Hindu scriptures. You will find the proof you are looking for, regarding the existence of sexism in Hinduism.