Taking Amrit Soon!

WJKK WJKF,

I planning to take amrit, I just need to know some stuff:

can i listen to my baaniya in audio?

do i HAVE to wake up at Amrit vela (im a kid;))

thats it lol.

Vaheguroojee : D :D wikedd!

Please Read bani, listening can get ur mind to wonder off even more jee.... read banee... ur eyes will become pure : ) if your worried about not reading gurmukhi then dont worry, read from an english gutkha BUT do get santhiya and start gurmukhi : )

Read bani.....feel that piaas to read it jee : D cuz we're lucky to have it : )

litsen to it only if its ur last option loll :)

Vaheguroo

that is excellent news!! :D

yes you can listen to your Baniaa in audio form, but it will help your concentration if you also read from a Gutka Sahib at the same time.

and yes you have to wake up at Amrit Vela, your gonna have to do it your whole life so you might as well get in the habit now Guru Piyaareh :happy:

and lastly CONGRATULATIONS!!!

what Prabjyot Kaur Penji said is totally true:

Read bani.....feel that piaas to read it jee : D cuz we're lucky to have it : )

we should all make the effort to learn Gurbani....

WJKK WJKF,

I planning to take amrit, I just need to know some stuff:

can i listen to my baaniya in audio?

do i HAVE to wake up at Amrit vela (im a kid;))

thats it lol.

Thats great news!

You can listen to Banis on Audio but its best for you to recite them yourself. This way you can concentrate on the Banis at your own pace. If you cannot read Gurmukhi then you should learn, and at the same time try to memorzie as much as the Banis when listening to them on Audio.

In regards to Amrit Vela. Amrit Vela is a great opportunity to seek Guru Jis blessings. Unfortunately, there are many Gursikhs who do not take this special time to wake up and seek Gurus blessing. Younger people do genereally have a harder time waking up for Amrit Vela. But you can try waking up as early as possible even if this means 7 am, and then slowly by slowly wake up 15 minutes more eariler each month. Eventually you will adjust to the early time and have a good Amrit Vela.

make sure you start to do naamsimran from now (itl be great if u already do)

basically the reason for this is because to sum it up our soul is like a bowl. we might have done bad karam this life or previously. so we need to do naamsimran to clean our inside up. so when we take amrit our inside soul atma whatever you like caling it is pure as we take amrit. and we carry on maintaining doing bani and naamsimran to keep our bowl which has amrit in it clean.

fateh

make sure you start to do naamsimran from now (itl be great if u already do)

basically the reason for this is because to sum it up our soul is like a bowl. we might have done bad karam this life or previously. so we need to do naamsimran to clean our inside up. so when we take amrit our inside soul atma whatever you like caling it is pure as we take amrit. and we carry on maintaining doing bani and naamsimran to keep our bowl which has amrit in it clean.

fateh

Yes this advice appears to be true. Whenever I try to do nitnem without doing Naam Simran in the morning and the night before my mind seems to be distracted and clogged. Im guessing this is from all the dirt of this life and previous lifes. But when I do Naam Simran the night before my mind seems to be focused and more attached to the bani internally.

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa, VaahegurooJeeKeeFaateh!!

Amrit Vela is essential for every gursikh who takes amrit. Doing simran at amrit vela will lead you to doing simran throughout the day, as the vaaheguroo's dhuni will be repeating in your subconscious. Bhai Rama Singh in his autobiography describes amrit vela simran as winding the clock so the simran continues throughout the day.

Missing amrit vela simran is like a dominos affect because if you miss amrit vela simran, that means Vaaheguroo's dhuni will not being going on in your sub conscious throughout the day, therefore your leaving your mind unguarded, so the punj doot will attac you i.e Lust and anger. Lust and anger will lead to your mind having unpure thoughts i.e swearing, fighting and kaami activites. This will then lead to sinful actions, which could stain your mind and affect your spirtuality.

There is a weakness in the panth as the importance of naam simran has been lost. This then leads to weaknesses in rehit and personal jeevan. Therefore before taking amrit I recommend you build your amrit vela routine up. So start with doing 5 mins simran and nitnaam. Then slowly build your simran time up everyday by increasing your simran by 2 minutes. Eventually your aim is to do 2 hours naam abyiaas everyday with guru jee's kirpaa. The main thing is you enjoy the simran your doing and dont put too much pressure on your mind. Take your time and have patience. Also try to find gursikhs who you can meet up with at amrit vela and do simran with. This will help you loads!!

• 2 weeks later...

start with less and slowly grow ... if ur not comfortable with some thing dont do it ... if ur kid u can start with even one bani in morning ... but do it correctly ... and plz dont rush with ur banis ... move slowly but strongly ... best of luck ... if u need an personal help feel free to pm ...