2.5 Million Chaupai Sahibs By November 2009

well said AK-47

Its been 25years since 1984, i think we should really aim to have some kind of memorial built in honour of those Gursikhs that attained Shaheedi. I don't think we should hold our breath in thinking one will created in India any time soon.

If this uprala is taken up in the UK, then I think it should be used as an opportunity to build bridges between jathebandiya and organisations as all should be included for ideas & funding. One thing we as a panth are lacking is that while there maybe differences of opinions on maryada etc (or just politics) we never rise above these and align under the Nishan Sahib for the sake of the panth esp when there is a need for unity. We can look at recent events such as Bow tradegy to Sacha Sauda etc.

This needs to change and this change will only come from the youth.

i know i've posted this before, but here's the link again to an article Cynthia Mehmood Keppley wrote which has some positive steps diaspora Sikhs should take:

http://www.worldsikhnews.com/10%20June%202...20s%20heads.htm

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about what you're saying, and repeat it to yourself! "knowledge only grows in the seeker not the person that argues" if you wouldn't even be the slightest liberal about the topic, then really it's worthless replying. Drifting the whole topic to something we can't apprehend.

I never said reading path is bad, but the question is what are you expecting after you 2.5 million path? Does this get you mukti? The truth is reading bani with the truth in our hearts is more important?

The fact that this is a numbers game or not is truly ridiculous, i mean OFCOURSE it's a numbers game! If it wasn't why would you keep increasing the target?

"do your part and whateva you been saying"! what people like you are doing is acting like your some sort of special power because you've contributed to the 2.5 million? Loll i mean can you read my mind?...lollll look Sikhism was more about a simple way of life, you are not suppose to believe magicall powers and harry potter wizardry..loll

What i meant by everybody has their own account towards waheguroo is that no matter how much path you do, you dont change the bagti of any other individual? It's like what good is praying for someone, it doesn't work like that everybody has their own account! They themselves have to pray

What your effectively saying is when we reach 2.5 million path, we will satisfy guru ji for the whole panth??

the reason why i had mentioned that " you did 1 million path incorrectly" is because you reached your target and it seems that your didn't get whatever miracle( black magic) you wanted, so you decided to increase the target because obviously you think god wants numbers?

You act like your some super powered source, i think what you really should do is ask what does guru ji actually wants?

Btw this is a question not of this specific debate, how do you know that Sikhs actually get a million paths done? I mean sry i unware of the system.

Sighs ...

I never said reading path is bad, but the question is what are you expecting after you 2.5 million path? Does this get you mukti? The truth is reading bani with the truth in our hearts is more important? [/font]

The fact that this is a numbers game or not is truly ridiculous, i mean OFCOURSE it's a numbers game! If it wasn't why would you keep increasing the target?

Please tell me where anyone anywhere has ever stated that by doing these paaths will get you mukhi? Please show me anywhere on the website or anywhere else, where anyone has said that anything is PROMISED after these paaths. You will find that nothing is promised and nothing is guaranteed. Reason being, we are BEGGING at Guru Jis feet. We are doing ardas after ardas after ardas. It is up to him how and when he decided to do kirpa. As his children all we can do is beg.

If people are reading gurbani and doing ardas for justice, and chardikala, how is that not reading gurbani with truth in their hearts? How is that any less important then anything else?

You keep talking about numbers but you havent grasped the concept. Let me break this down for you. When a person starts reading gurbani or doing simran, he may first try and do 5 mins of simran. Then after a while he increases to 10 mins, then to 20 etc. When a person starts doing nitnem, he may start with japji sahib only, then might do rehras sahib as well.. slowly building upto 7 bania. Then he starts reading more, adding more simran, more mool mantar, starts doing sehaj paath etc. Slowly but surely the person increases the AMOUNT of nitnem/simran they do. This is how most sikhs imcrease their nitnem and jeevan. They set themselves targets, i will complete 25 angs of sehaj path today. I will do an extra 10 japji sahibs today. How is this any different from us saying, ok lets all collectively read more chaupai sahibs?

If sangat from across the world is reading more gurbani how does that hurt you? Be it through any excuse, the fact is more gurbani is being read. The fact is that people who previoulsy never did any nitnem have started doing it now as a result of guru sahibs kirpa. Sangat have been spending an extra 15 mins, and hour, 2 hours if not more a day sitting down and focusing their minds on vaheguru and reading gurbani. Most human beings need some sort of motivation to get them going. We need this in almost every aspect of our lives. Nitnem and jeevan included. In this thread people have already posted examples of gurmukhs doing many many paath every day.

The target was increased as i prev said on the request of the sangat. The singhs received emails saying that the sangat involved loved the fact that they would regulalrly sit together and do this paath. They said without some sort of target they felt they would get lazy again and needed this to keep them motivated to keep on doing this additional paath. Again what is wrong with increasing the bani we read?

"do your part and whateva you been saying"! what people like you are doing is acting like your some sort of special power because you've contributed to the 2.5 million? Loll i mean can you read my mind?...lollll look Sikhism was more about a simple way of life, you are not suppose to believe magicall powers and harry potter wizardry..loll

If i cannot read your mind (and i dont believe i have tried!) what makes you think you can read mine/peoples like me! If sangat thought they were people with special powers, why would they be doing bentia to guru sahibs charan? Why not use their 'powers' directly? Bhai sahib a dose of nimrata goes a long way as does having faith and parosa in guru sahib. Nobody has talked about magic etc, only yourself.

Heres another benefit of sangat reading more gurbani for the panth (all of which has been mentioned on the site and other threads). If today we spend just 5 mins out of love for the guru and the panth reading gurabni, then tomorrow out of the same love for the guru and the panth we will spend 10 mins doing seva, slowly with kirpa this pyar increases and we become activitis for the panth. Bottom line is if we cared for the panth, we would do something for it everyday (as we do when we care for our families, children etc). The one thing we can all do, regardless of where we live, of what our financial position is, what our spiritual position is .. is to do ardas and read gurbani. By spending time thinking about the panth today we may do some more types of seva tomorrow. The strength for that seva will also come from gurbani. So it works from all angles.

What i meant by everybody has their own account towards waheguroo is that no matter how much path you do, you dont change the bagti of any other individual? It's like what good is praying for someone, it doesn't work like that everybody has their own account! They themselves have to pray

What your effectively saying is when we reach 2.5 million path, we will satisfy guru ji for the whole panth??

If you dont think the power of gurbani and ardas can change a persons karam, then thats a different topic and i think its been disucussed before on the forum somewhere. However, I am aware that even Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji would specifically do an additioanl chaupai sahib for the chardikala of the panth everyday. And bhai sahib, we are praying that maharajh do kirpa on others, that he give us justice and that he give the panth chardikala. If you dont think you yourself fit into either of those, then again thats your issue.

And no once again nobody has said that. As explained above, the number thing is just a tool to read more gurbani. It seems you cannot look beyond this most minor of things. To be honest the only reason the additonal number was there was result of sangats requests, they said they wanted this so they could pukkah the additional nitnem they were doing.

the reason why i had mentioned that " you did 1 million path incorrectly" is because you reached your target and it seems that your didn't get whatever miracle( black magic) you wanted, so you decided to increase the target because obviously you think god wants numbers?

You act like your some super powered source, i think what you really should do is ask what does guru ji actually wants?

Once again please read the above. Your the only one again mentioning magic etc. The sangat believe in doing ardas and having sharda in maharajh. The singhs actually wanted to start other seva, but the sangat requested more. With Vaheguru ji's beant beant kirpa, in the UK at least 10-15 programmes were done since january to june. Hundreds of people were given seva of reading gurbani, thousands learnt about 1984 and our history, many youngsters learnt the bani so that they could take part etc. All down to vaheguru's kirpa. Some people cant handle anything thats outside their own understanding, and thats fine. The singhs have been sworn at, called bharamins, pakahandis, told that they will be going to hell etc :) its all good!

All i know is that guru ji wants to us to live according to his orders, ie read gurbani, follow maryada, do seva etc etc. If that causes you to laugh at us then once again its fine. Singh above has said that maharajh himself did so many chaupai sahibs after finishing writing the bani. Sant jarnail singh ji had many many singhs do 125,000 paaths of japji sahib and of other paaths as well before the 1984 attack. I wont say that your saying this was black magic as well since these were also counted. But thats for yourself to decide.

Anyway i apologise if you wish to drag this out further, these points have all been raised in prev threads so please read them if you wish. If you dont want to take part then its fine, dont.

To rest of sangat, please come forward with ideas for more seva, singhs have one or 2 things they should be rolling out soon, but need your new ideas on how we can collectively do something. Remember we need ideas that sikhs from around the world can do, maybe some sort of organised collective seva. Please share ideas.

Many thanks, and apologies for any mistakes. Sangat (not harry potter) holds the power (not black magic) to forgive, so please do forgive us.

oh and sorry forgot to add, if you check the website audio, you will see different kathas on chaupai sahib. Also at many prog's the katha of the bani was done in both english and in punjabi. So hanji people are learning what the bani says as well as reading it.

Maharajh does so much kirpa! :D

lollllllllllllllllllll..... you winn................thanks for the explination, well let’s just say i won’t be arrogant because you have put me in my place!

Sorry for the debate, i truly just needed an explanation.

Also for this i will probably go to hell, trying to question it and so on.

I sincerely apologize, and ill contribute what i can!

I guess i have to watch out for you, before i post in any other topics again....lollll

waheguru

its our duty to pray for the panth!, as minimum we should be doing 1 extra chauapi sahib ji da paat with our nitnem for the chardikala of the panth.

Mahapurshs themsevles have said, as long as chardikala doesnt happen keep praying, not like its doing any harm so why not, why stop!

and if were here to please maharaj, then why not do paat? ...maharaj is pleased when we pray for the panth!

and at the end of the day, were apart of that same panth too, so its benefical for ourselves as well

maharajs kirpa we reach the target ...2.5 million for 25 years since 1984!

if they could give such kurbaniya for the khalsa panth, why cant we give up some time in our day and do paat for the panth and ask maharaj to keep it in chardikala and pray that something like this doesnt happen again, and for maharaj to bless his panth with chardikala and for everyone to be tyaar by tyaar!

dhan dhan sahib sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj

may he bless us all with prem , pyaar and sharda to jap his naam and do his seva:)!

bhull chukk maaf

• 1 month later...