Coconut Jhatka

Sorry brother, I am not too knowledgeable as to why this form of jhatka is performed. Perhaps it is done as opposed to doing jhatka of goats?

Just wanted to post a photo I found of naryal jhatka:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akaalmedia/31...57612255402011/

If the person to whom this photo belongs reads this post or frequents this forum, please accept my humble apologies for placing a link to this photo - I hope you do not mind, just came accross it and thought that it was relevent to the discussion.

vjk vjkf

nahi bhai sahib- sant gurbachen singh didn start this maryada although he has mentioned narial jhatka maryada in his pothi 'gurbani paat darshan' and it comes under the chapter about maryada of Sri Dasam granth, that nihang singh do jhatka of ganneh and narial when bir ras shabads are read durin the Dasam Granth Sahib Akhand paat

at some places goats are not available or there is some rukavat like lack in finance etc there are many gareeb sikhs as well who keep the akhand path of sri dasams bani and jhatka is always done at the bhog of dasam di bani da akhand path ... its a subsitute mostly followed outside india or by greeb nihang singhs in punjab its not at all opposite to bakra jhatka... and some one called it hindu ritual ... which hindu puran talks about it or which hindu community does coconut jhatka ??? come up with any source ... people should think for 5 minutes before typing or they should always have some source to backup ... even hindu rajputs dont do coconut jhatka ... yet its a hindu ritual strange ...

It is Bipran Ki Reet Sikhism does not believe in sacrifices and offerings to God or any such things like that .Sri Akal Thakt Sahib our supreme authority bans

Via Sikh Rehat Maryada:

''Placing a pitcher, ceremonial clarified-butted-fed lamp, coconut, etc. around , during the course of the uninterrupted or any other reading of Guru Granth Sahib, or reading of other Scriptural texts side by side with or in the course of such reading is contrary to the gurmat (Guru’s way). ''

So if a coconut cannot be placed how can it be 'chatka'd' ,whats with this useless ritual did Guru Nanak Dev Ji reject such rituals of offerings and call them useless,does this not come under Koor Kireyah.

If those amongst you still want to Ignore what Akal Thakt Sahib says - do so up to ,you can stick to your

'nihang maryadas',but please don't do the pakhand of chatka-ing coconuts do what these 'nihangs' really do which is behead innocent goats then drink their blood amongst other foolish and anti gurmat rituals .

Choose 'Nangism' yes I call it nangism as it is totally the opposite to Sikhism with all these weird offerings to the 'gods' devis and what not,plus they ignore Akal Thakt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use