Coconut Jhatka

Goats were killed and eaten at Hazur Sahib under 10th Masters orders..

For a first hand account, read 'Amarnama' written by Guru Gobind Singh Darbaari Dhadi.

Guru wasn't a mad butcher who would order the killing of innocent Goats like the nangs do,Shaheed Banda Singh Bahadur before becoming a Khalsa changed his views after he killed an animal in hunting and saw its kids dying.You may be able to do that hindu bali sacrifice in Hazoor Sahib or the Nang camps but never in any other places like Sri Harmandar Sahib Complex

Tell these nangs to go fight Delhi instead of killing goats ,Oh I forgot the Nangs took Delhis side in 84 and during the Kargil war even offered to fight for India so what can we expect from them

Goats were killed and eaten at Hazur Sahib under 10th Masters orders..

For a first hand account, read 'Amarnama' written by Guru Gobind Singh Darbaari Dhadi.

Can you provide a link to this jee

someone started this same topic after the dasam ganth programs at baba sang gurdwara in smethwick

someone on this forum then gave a link to a katha where a high giani in damdami taksal broke down what coconut jhatka actually meant.

i cant remember who the kathavajak was but all i know is that he made perfect sense

Below is the opening sentences of Amarnamah

When the Pure One exercised His great mercy; all the worlds became inhabited (1).

The Guru pitched his tent at a place on the bank of the Godawari, where existed the graves of those who had found acceptance (at God's court) (2).

The Muslims made a lot of noise. The Guru exhibited a spectacular miracle (which calmed them) (3).

There (nearby) resided an ill tempered mendicant. He claimed dominion over people of the jungle as well as beings of the nether world (4).

He possessed wooden sandals and a vessel of milk believed to be endowed with miraculous powers. His seat rivalled a royal throne in opulence (5).

His heart was full of vanity and devoid of love altogether.

He hated those who worshipped (Truth) God alone (6).

He visibly did not relish our proximity with the Emperor (7).

In the presence of thousands of those (assembled on the occasion of the solar eclipse), I stated this is only a normal (periodical) occurrence (8) .

I can, however, say without the slightest hesitation, that his mode of worship otherwise conforms to the doctrine of Guru Nanak (9)

Banda had gone to the other side of the Godawari, and after him there ~as none occupying his seat (10).

The obedient Sikhs, when asked by the Guru to kill the goats belonging to Banda,(ll)

Complied and slaughtered all the goats (12).

(On seeing this) tribal people (of the vicinity) rushed like wind, obviously eager to cook the meat (13).

After taking the sacramental offering, the Sikhs were ordered (20)

To rejoice in the name of Guru Nanak, to relax and to take a swim T in the Godawari (21).

After the promulgation of these orders distribution of cattle was stopped, and no more cows were distributed to the people of the surrounding forests (22).

After crossing the Godawari, Banda saw his goats drenched in blood (26).

He sent five of his birs, i.e., musclemen or supernatural beings.

Everyone of them vied with others to kill the Guru (27).

They tried to hurt, or to hurl devils at the Guru. But the Guru was ever sheltered by the Deathless Being (2

Below is the opening sentences of Amarnamah

When the Pure One exercised His great mercy; all the worlds became inhabited (1).

The Guru pitched his tent at a place on the bank of the Godawari, where existed the graves of those who had found acceptance (at God's court) (2).

The Muslims made a lot of noise. The Guru exhibited a spectacular miracle (which calmed them) (3).

There (nearby) resided an ill tempered mendicant. He claimed dominion over people of the jungle as well as beings of the nether world (4).

He possessed wooden sandals and a vessel of milk believed to be endowed with miraculous powers. His seat rivalled a royal throne in opulence (5).

His heart was full of vanity and devoid of love altogether.

He hated those who worshipped (Truth) God alone (6).

He visibly did not relish our proximity with the Emperor (7).

In the presence of thousands of those (assembled on the occasion of the solar eclipse), I stated this is only a normal (periodical) occurrence (8) .

I can, however, say without the slightest hesitation, that his mode of worship otherwise conforms to the doctrine of Guru Nanak (9)

Banda had gone to the other side of the Godawari, and after him there ~as none occupying his seat (10).

The obedient Sikhs, when asked by the Guru to kill the goats belonging to Banda,(ll)

Complied and slaughtered all the goats (12).

(On seeing this) tribal people (of the vicinity) rushed like wind, obviously eager to cook the meat (13).

After taking the sacramental offering, the Sikhs were ordered (20)

To rejoice in the name of Guru Nanak, to relax and to take a swim T in the Godawari (21).

After the promulgation of these orders distribution of cattle was stopped, and no more cows were distributed to the people of the surrounding forests (22).

After crossing the Godawari, Banda saw his goats drenched in blood (26).

He sent five of his birs, i.e., musclemen or supernatural beings.

Everyone of them vied with others to kill the Guru (27).

They tried to hurt, or to hurl devils at the Guru. But the Guru was ever sheltered by the Deathless Being (2

thanks for sharing this paaji. Actually I have read this when I was little (I have been a vegie all my life too guru kirpa), and actually I don't see a problem with it. I see it as Maharaj's way of teaching banda singh ji, similar to the sakhi of guru nanak dev ji at kurukshetra. I really don't believe it proves jhatka of animals as a regular occurrence. Anyway I'd really rather not turn this into a meat argument yeah :)

When I first said about the goat jhatka thing, what I meant was are there any reasons unrelated to goat jhatka as to why coconuts are jhatkad.

QUOTE (SaRpAnCh @ Jul 4 2009, 07:42 AM) *

It is a useless Hindu practice neither is it Sikhism - which is against Rituals and nor will it help one get closer to God - all Koor Kireyah

So according to you, Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranwale (whose guidance on how this is done in recorded in the pothi as mentioned), Sant Kartar Singh Ji Bhindranwale and Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale all practiced useless Hindu practices which were against Sikhism, that didnt help them get closer to God and were in fact koor kiryeyah!!

Nice.

Just to go over that again, Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji who was one of the most if not the most influtential parcharaks of the last century, whose thousands of students occuipied and continue to occupy many of the major grnathi/katha roles across the panth, the person that studied just about every granth, every religious source etc there was to get an understanding of all faiths, whose katha is stuided and memorised by modern day kathavachaks to enable them to do katha ... he was practicing koor kiryeah ... but YOU know better.

Sant Kartar Singh, the student of Sant Gurbachan Singh JI, who awoke the panth from the threat of dehdharis, who campagined without rest doing katha for over 12 or 14 hours a day to awake the sangat, to join them with gurbani and Guru sahib. Who was the only one to stand up to gandhi when she walked into maharajhs divaan. the one who openly spoke about encrouching hinduism etc, the one who having learnt from Sant Gurbachan singh ji planted the seeds of the later morche ... he was practicng and supporting koor kireyah ... but YOU know better.

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale, who carried on the work of Sant Kartar Singh Ji, who fully awaoke the panth, who shook it too its roots. Who administered amrit to hundreds of thousands, who challenged the hindu practices and re-established the sikh practices of Gurbani, Bana and Shastar. Who gave santhia to countless, who inspired thousands and thousands of singhs and singhnia to give their heads to defend the sikh faith and practices. Never was a hero like him seem before. He carrried on the parchar done by Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji and Sant Kartar Singh Ji ... and according to you ... this was koor kiriyeah. So despite everything that Sant Ji did, everything he stood for, practiced, preached etc ... he is still guilty of practicing useless hindu rituals.... since YOU know better.

If only the above 3 mahapurshs and all the gursikhs that were taught by them and all those that gave their lives after having been inspired by them .. had met YOU. You could have saved sant kartar singh ji from doing koor kireyah. What a shame that you live in southall and not in panjab at the time that these bechareh mahapursh and shaheeds were doing their seva. Im sure the panth would have benefitted so much from your wisdom after all the years you have spent on gurbani and seva etc.

Im glad you feel so confident that you can do nindiya of all these sants and shaheeds. dry.gif

Shaheed Sant Bhindranwale never EVER chatka'd a coconut or goat he was leading the Dharam Yudh Morcha you would think he had better things to do than Koor Kireyah

First of all, how do you know what he never EVER did? Where you there?

Secondly, i recommend you READ what i wrote. Rather than ignore what you dont like. Read about how as the leader of damdami taksal Sant Jarnail Singh Ji carried on using the pothia written by previous gursikhs based on the teachings of sant gurbachan singh ji. His views and beliefs were those of the previous jathedhars. If you actually listened to his katha you would know this. By still referring to this as koor kiriyah you are now directly accusing sant ji of following 'useless hindu rituals' (even though hindu's dont even do this as jassa pointed out lol)!

Make you mind up, either admit that sant ji (the only one who had the real strength to stand up to the threat of hinduvata etc) didnt see anything wrong with this or openly say that sant ji was a practioner and propogator of koorkireyah practices. Pick a side, you cant sit on the fence with this. Makes you look ridiculous.

Sometimes if we dont understand something, its best just to say i dont understand rather than start insulting people.

Again I repeat, if only sant gurbachan singh ji and sant kartar singh ji and sant jarnail singh ji had got their gian and wisdom and studied from you .. then their poor souls may have been saved. Go on, say it lol say you know more than sant gurbachan singh ji .. would love to see that!

soon Gurbani Paat Darpan Shall Be Available Online with other Granths and Texts of importance.

Steeks by Taksali students of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji and Sant Kartar Singh Ji:

http://www.scribd.com/people/documents/136...7efw3x5e2ufqjci

(Thanks to Matheen veer ji on SikhAwareness.com for these)

Regards,

K.