Ishnaan

Keeping kes

Lavaan

Nirgun

Sargun

Tre gun, rajo sato tamo

Maya

Mukhti

All these concepts and many more are written about in the Vedas, let's all stupidly assume they are 'Hindu things' and give them up and discard them because we are insecure

Tilak is not a hindu "thingee" but part of broader indic culture shared by buddhist, jains and sikhs....its sign of royalty. People need to realize sikh foundation/panth establishment was based in India...so naturally it shares common indic culture such as (tilak, raag vidya, shastar vidya, phul di varka on guru sahib, playing shaaank, nagra, have all sorts of puratan indic/ persian shastars infront of guru sahib) ..!!

Just like "western" sikhs (myself included) have no problem with ferengi way- wearing trousers and shirt /arse wipe with tissue instead of water/ believe in mother's day/fathers day/ thanks giving day/earth day/georgian calendar/massive programs in gurdwara on sunday just like church etc etc(i have no issue with that as we live in western country adapted some of things from western culture and incorporate them in our daily life)..!!

Could a brother or sister please explain in simple terms WHY jhatka of an innocent goat would be performed? And yet we practice lacto-vegetarianism? A poor helpless little goat nothing to say or do to anyone, CHOP! Why? :s

I can understand if this was done by Maharaaj himself or at Maharaajs orders. But what gives me the right to pick and take a life? I also understand its not a sacrifice but a practice to express Bir Ras or to awaken Bir Ras? (correct me if im wrong plz) so why dont we always use a coconut or sugercanes?

I am not questioning maryada, our Guru Maharaaj or anyone. Im just a little confused and would appreciate someone shedding a little light on this. Ive read all the comments above, none seem to give an answer to this.

I apologise if ive offended any of my brothers and sisters, phul chuk maaf karni ji.