Food

Being a vegie really isn't hard at all guru ji kirpa naal, just do ardas for help :)

My FAV breakfast is either missa roti or besan roti, with lots of butter and black pepper yuumm, delicious and packed with protein.

For lunches you can do plenty of tasty sandwiches. You can use seeded brown bread aswell as just white for a change, sometimes i can even eat seeded brown buttered on its own! Fill with salads, tofu (you can get plain tofu or even marinated tofu which is great), cheese, celery, etc. Hummous is just amazing, so tasty, lots of different flavoured versions and very high protein content. Instead of just normal bread you can use pitta breads or tortilla wraps.

For dinner most sabjis and dals are vegetarian anyway, so thats fine. Other things like pasta (though some have egg), pizza (not very healthy but you can get plenty of ready made vegetarian pizzas from tescos and sainsburys).

If you miss meat theres loads of meat alternatives, like vegetarian sausages, etc. but check if these contain egg as some do.

Search on the net for tofu recipes, there is SO much you can do with tofu its amazing. My favourites are tofu scramble, tofu steaks, and just simple tofu stir frys which are all very quick to make.

Well, well done on becoming vegetarian, heres a good site: http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/UKvegkit/recipes.asp

Its easy .. daal roti sabji dahi panner ... and 1 big bowl of mixed fruits and veggis with sporuts i think ( dal and chole with roots ) with little honey on top ... that will keep u healthy like me ... and 3 - 4 liters of dudh ....

if u work hard in gym then replace water with milk in ur diet and u will have big arms ... so big that people can sleep there ... when ever ur thirsty drink milk ... thats what we do in villages ... bhuri de dudh di dhar sidhi muhch ...

wjkk wjkf

id make sure u eat lots of daal/lentils/beans/nuts/pulses/dairy to replace the protein lost from meat

also tofu and quorn is a good alternative :)

u shud try and check out linda mcartney stuff tho b careful as some of the products contain egg

for sweets/desserts (w/o egg) try flapjacks, some tarts/pies/ bisuits and ice cream, custard, and theres loads of recipes for eggless cakes.

wjkk wjkf

id make sure u eat lots of daal/lentils/beans/nuts/pulses/dairy to replace the protein lost from meat

also tofu and quorn is a good alternative :)

u shud try and check out linda mcartney stuff tho b careful as some of the products contain egg

for sweets/desserts (w/o egg) try flapjacks, some tarts/pies/ bisuits and ice cream, custard, and theres loads of recipes for eggless cakes.

Your just trying to get the benefits of a meat based diet, from a vegetarian based diet. It doesn't work. Plant protein is different to meat based protein. You don't need protein you need amino acids. Eating a variety of fruit and veg is better than dairy and meat. Everything you mentioned is fine, except from the dairy. Why do you think our mothers only produce milk while we are babies? Because milk is for babies. Milk is not best absorbed by humans as we get older. It's poor quality. I wouldn't recommend on a daily basis. Too much can make you feel bloated.

Your just trying to get the benefits of a meat based diet, from a vegetarian based diet. It doesn't work. Plant protein is different to meat based protein. You don't need protein you need amino acids. Eating a variety of fruit and veg is better than dairy and meat. Everything you mentioned is fine, except from the dairy. Why do you think our mothers only produce milk while we are babies? Because milk is for babies. Milk is not best absorbed by humans as we get older. It's poor quality. I wouldn't recommend on a daily basis. Too much can make you feel bloated.

Do you have any scientific evidence to support this? If you look back our elders they had TONS of milk their whole life. The only people who didn't have milk were the ones who were not able to digest it. Agreed that one should not just eat and be a couch potato, exercise is a must along with proper nutrition.

It is well documented and for a beginner weight lifter, having close to 1 gallon of milk (that's about 3.75 litres) per day will speed up muscle and strength gains a lot.

Sionara folks, time for me to head on home, get changed, hit the gym, and pound some iron...