Krishan Avatar

<<< Sikhs need to treat krishan, ram, jesus, mohammad just as mortals who did good and bad things (just like any other mortals). We neither praise them nor we slander them. >>>

I would disagree with this.

Yes they were mortals, but to place Bhagwan Krishan ji and Sri Ram Chandra Ji on the same level as us mere mortals shows a gross lack of understanding as to who they were and how spiritually elevated they were. I think it is a gross insult to them and to us to think that they were mere mortals like you are I.

Baba Nand Singh Ji was a spiritually enlightent mahapursh, they were not just mere mortals like you and me, the same arguement follows.

Whose pehra is over kalyug ? Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Guru Gobind Singh Ji. They reside in this time – Kalyug undhar jyote jagai………..kal taran Guru Nanak ah-yah.

Whose pehra was it over satyug? It was Bhavan avatar.

Whose pehra was it over tratra yug? It was Sri Ram Chandra Ji

Whose pehra was it over duwapra yug? It was Bhagwan Krishan Ji, it was when Krishan Ji ascended the heavens that duwapra ended and kalyug started.

So to say that they were mere mortals like you and me is very wrong.

Whose pehra is over kalyug ? Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Guru Gobind Singh Ji. They reside in this time – Kalyug undhar jyote jagai………..kal taran Guru Nanak ah-yah.

Whose pehra was it over satyug? It was Bhavan avatar.

Whose pehra was it over tratra yug? It was Sri Ram Chandra Ji

Whose pehra was it over duwapra yug? It was Bhagwan Krishan Ji, it was when Krishan Ji ascended the heavens that duwapra ended and kalyug started.

So to say that they were mere mortals like you and me is very wrong.

Satguru Nanak has been present THROUGHOUT THE FOUR YUGGS. In Kaliyug, they decided to come to earth via body to teach humanity via actions and to bring Gurbani to this world.

It was Satguru Nanak who saved the honour of draupadi via krishan (read bhattan de swaiyiye which were written in praise of Guru Sahibaan).

Krishan and ram were mortals who had powers but could not kill their ego. Gursikhs reach Sachkhand whereas krishan and ram are limited to giaan khand. Gursikhs are WAY higher than krishan and ram.

Krishan and ram are not even pair de jutti of gursikhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh and Baba Jarnail Singh KHalsa. Even a simple rehitvaan shaheed singh reaches karam khand but krishan and ram could only reach giyaan khand and are constantly under the noose of Mighty Kaal.

Krishan avtar is rewritten by altering the whole text of bhagwat purana. Guru ji retold it per sikh thought.

There are three sections and major section is War mangament or Yudh parbandh. It is totally new. THis is not found in Bhagwaat puranas. The hero of this is Kharag singh and not krishna. Kharag singh fights against krishna as krishna had killed his friend Jarasandh.

He puts krishna on the floor but spares his life out of pity. His head is cut and still goes on fighting. The same heroic act was repeated by baba Deep singh ji.

Before anyone reads krishna avtar he should also read invocation of Chaubis avtar to understand krishna avtar.

Yes i would agree. Infact to say that Krishan Avatar is a re-telling of the story witten in the purans is misleading as it is not a true re-telling. Many parts of the story that are a eulogy to Krishan Ji are totally missed out and many other parts that Guru Ji deemed relevant have been added. I think people misunderstand what i am saying, I am not saying that the whole composition is in praise of Krishan Ji which it obviously is not but that is not to say that Guru Ji shierks away from saying things that are positive about Bhagwan Krishan Ji.

guru sahib wrote it to teach us a lesson with a sikhi slant to it as mentioned before. after guru sahib does say the following

Mai ‘N’ ganays(i) pritham manaaoo(n)| kisn bisn kabhoo(n) nh dhiaaoo(n)

I do not praise or hail Ganesh before I start any task. (In old times, often Ganesh

would be hailed before starting any task). Nor do I let the thought of Vishnu or any

incarnations of Vishnu (i.e. Krishna) enter my mind. (Meaning Guru Gobind Singh Ji

never regarded Vishnu or any avatars as the supreme Lord; Akaal purakh, as he

states next.)

Kaan sunay pahichaan ‘N’ thin so| liv laagee more pag in so

I know of their existence, but I do not ever worship them. May my prayers and

thoughts always be in the immaculate, holy feet of the Lord (the one and only).

Mhaa kaal rakhvaar hamaaroo | Mhaa(n) loh mai kinkar thaaro

I pray to my protector, the one that brings death to Death (the deity ‘Klal’; which

was worshipped in the past). Oh unbreakable one, I am your slave.

Apnaa jaan karo rakhvaar | ba(n)h(i) gahay kee laaj bichaar

Make me your slave oh Lord and watch over me. (I have come to your sanctuary) So

preserve my honour.