Sikh Wedding Outside

Jassika

Benji,

I think you have made your mind up about taking Guru Ji to this golf course and will change all objections around to suit your argument. I think your wedding and its setting it coming first and Guru Ji is having to fit in with your arrangements.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end people are going to do what they are going to do. You can have all the advise in the world, but if you're already convinced that you're right then there's no point.

Be it on the head of the people who feel that the JAGAT GURU is a simple commodity which can be used for their own convenience. Those who have no relationship with their Guru will never see what's wrong in doing these acts. As a recent prominant Mahapursh's said, the people who are involved in abusing the respect of the saroops of Guru Granth Sahib Ji will realise their actions in their next 7 lives. Leave it at that.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Bhenji, the underlying principle is this - Guru Ji travels outside to do parchaar i.e. at a smagam, but when one seeks Gurus blessings - then as part of the process/act of humility/subservience, one goes with nimrata and appears before Gurus charan, in his Dargah, to seek blessing...

In the old days, people did not expect Guru Ji to travel to them, when it was their wedding, they went to Guru Ji to be married by them, be married in their presence and and be blessed by them, in their Darbaar....

I hope you will understand. May be you could organise a seperate parchaarik occassion in the beautiful wild surroundings you have mentioned one day i.e. an akhand paath, kathaa, kirtan and dhadi darbaar... that would be great as an event - and one which was nish-kaam.

I pray it all goes well.

Bhenji, the underlying principle is this - Guru Ji travels outside to do parchaar i.e. at a smagam, but when one seeks Gurus blessings - then as part of the process/act of humility/subservience, one goes with nimrata and appears before Gurus charan, in his Dargah, to seek blessing...

In the old days, people did not expect Guru Ji to travel to them, when it was their wedding, they went to Guru Ji to be married by them, be married in their presence and and be blessed by them, in their Darbaar....

I hope you will understand. May be you could organise a seperate parchaarik occassion in the beautiful wild surroundings you have mentioned one day i.e. an akhand paath, kathaa, kirtan and dhadi darbaar... that would be great as an event - and one which was nish-kaam.

I pray it all goes well.

I see your point but Gurdwaras are man-made as well and an endless amount of them are allowed AND encouraged to be created so it is a good thing to create ANOTHER home for Guru Ji to enjoy being in. It does not need to be looked at as Guru Ji having to travel because he will get a RIDE the whole way as everything will be set up as every gurdwara has to be set up and all the SEVA will be done FOR GURU JI.

*as for others here that seem to imply certain "acts" are "abusing respect" please be more clear if you believe a certain ACT is doing something and how...

Jassika, if you really want an outdoor wedding then I hear Christians do outdoor weddings. Or im sure the local mandir can accomodate a small fire u can walk around for your wedding.

Contact your local Priest or pundit. No offence intended lol, but do u see the point im trying to make?

In in terms of Sikh weddings outdoors..

I think your thinking more of the glamour side of things rather than the Blessing of Guru ji.

If u wish to marry with blessing of guru ji then u shud not drag guru to your outdoor venue, but u should have respect and go see guru ji in the gurghar and ger married there.

U have to decide yourself. Do u want to get married like a SIkh should? or do u want to get married like they do in Hollywood films. If like a sikh then be simple and you will be respected.

And yes Gurdwaras are manmade but they are made by men for the Guru and for it to be a place for sangat to come and meet Guru. An outdoor venue is not designed for this. Nor can the upmost respect be fully assured when Guru is taken outside of the Gurdwara.

Learn the history behind the Guru then u will not be asking these questions my friend. It wouldnt even be a question or doubt in your mind if u knew certain things about the rich sikh history. In the times of the Mughals, Sikhs used to be honoured to get the chance to get Guru jis blessing or even to see him since it was not easy in those times since Mughals had prices on sikh heads.

Nowadays we think we jus pay a small fee and get guru to come to anywhere we wish to get married. It should not work like that brother.

You will see my post as very direct. But we need to drum home this message for all.

I hope u take someting away from my post make the right decision. If u do then u will certainly earn my respect and above all u will be respecting Guru ji.

Satguru is with His Sikhs wherever they are. Gurbani says''so satgur piara mere naal heh,jithe kithe mehnu leh chedai'.

We quarrel about physical spaces,which one is more sacred, whether Gurdarbar should be in an inner city Gurudwara or set up in countryside surroundings. We live in fear of sanctity being desecreted. We argue whether we should go to Gurujee or Gurujee come to us. We accuse each other of making Gurujee travel for our sake and bend around for oursake . We behave as quarrellsome kids of a loving Dad each one claiming he/she knows whats best.

However we forget that Gurujee is far mightier than our quarrels. All spaces belong to Gurujee . As we become reborn as Gurujee's children, our very hearts become thrones where Gurujee resides. Every proper true Sikh is a walking talking mobile Gurudwara. For Gurujee far more important than a make shift tent or a permanent solid structure ,far more important than a wedding or funeral is our true Sikhi love for one another . Thats what puts a smile on Gurujee's face, not our constant bickering over issues big and small . Our love for one another is the purest ,most sacred respect we can give our Dad .

The most unholiest thing is when we stop getting excited and passionate about one another and are quick to kill joy every new idea,every new suggestion that springs in the minds of any one of us, accusing and getting suspicious of each other as being egoistic or selfish or using Dad.

We can engage in an eternal guessing game as to whether Gurujee prefers to be visited in an inner city Gurudwara of smelly(haha) Southall or birmingham or manchester for blessings, or needs a break and would rather order Jassika to set up a make shift Gurdarbar tent up on a glacier in Norway, or the top of Mt kilimanjaro, or besides Victoria Falls, one of Austria's ski resorts, or somewhere in australia's blue mountain or besides Lake Varern in sweden or cameron highlands in malaysia or ben nevis in scotland or Yellowstone park in USA . And out of this guesing game we can invent a million more computer simulated guessing games ,as to whether Jassika is using Gurujee or if indeed Gurujee is secretly using her oblivious to her knowledge!!!!! whether this an ego trip on her part,reflecting her utter foolishness and disrespect ,lack of consideration for protocal , and sheer stupidity ,or ,whether indeed this is one massive brilliant ,creative ,imaginative, intelligent, forward thinking radical ,revolutionary Guru inspired idea because Gurujee himself has decided that as He is unpredictable ,this time around he wants to break his normal pattern and go bless Jassika's wedding besides a waterfall in Breacon Beacons in Wales!!!!!! We could also start turning theological and start debating whether Jassika is intelligent enuff to have worked out her wedding plan herself or whether it was an idea planted in her brain by an aunt who happens to live in Calgary or perhaps her Ethiopian boss at work or whether Gurujee himself turned on the lights in her brain and gave her a vision of this during Raehraas when she somehow managed to shut her eyes for 2 secs . and we can churn this like milk n lassi again and again and again .perhaps this ''great debate '' about Jasika's wedding to be made into a permanent thread on this website . or we could make Jassica's facebook beat the guiness book of records by continuing this debate there and debating on her wedding site for years to come even after she dies!!!!! and we could end up in a big bust up whether it does matter or not .

At the end of the day ,let us daily pray that all our words ,thoughts and deeds ,our ideas and suggestions, though they may break all norms of predictable social and religous behaviour are not propelling out of our little selfish manmatia minds ,but inspired,ordered and radiating from the hukum and happiness of Gurujee whose as Bhai Nand Lal says 'dogs/puppies' we are. '' Hukum rejai chelna Nanak likhia naal''

The answer to that Jassika knows. or, does she?

-whether

Satguru is with His Sikhs wherever they are. Gurbani says''so satgur piara mere naal heh,jithe kithe mehnu leh chedai'.

We quarrel about physical spaces,which one is more sacred, whether Gurdarbar should be in an inner city Gurudwara or set up in countryside surroundings. We live in fear of sanctity being desecreted. We argue whether we should go to Gurujee or Gurujee come to us. We accuse each other of making Gurujee travel for our sake and bend around for oursake . We behave as quarrellsome kids of a loving Dad each one claiming he/she knows whats best.

However we forget that Gurujee is far mightier than our quarrels. All spaces belong to Gurujee . As we become reborn as Gurujee's children, our very hearts become thrones where Gurujee resides. Every proper true Sikh is a walking talking mobile Gurudwara. For Gurujee far more important than a make shift tent or a permanent solid structure ,far more important than a wedding or funeral is our true Sikhi love for one another . Thats what puts a smile on Gurujee's face, not our constant bickering over issues big and small . Our love for one another is the purest ,most sacred respect we can give our Dad .

The most unholiest thing is when we stop getting excited and passionate about one another and are quick to kill joy every new idea,every new suggestion that springs in the minds of any one of us, accusing and getting suspicious of each other as being egoistic or selfish or using Dad.

We can engage in an eternal guessing game as to whether Gurujee prefers to be visited in an inner city Gurudwara of smelly(haha) Southall or birmingham or manchester for blessings, or needs a break and would rather order Jassika to set up a make shift Gurdarbar tent up on a glacier in Norway, or the top of Mt kilimanjaro, or besides Victoria Falls, one of Austria's ski resorts, or somewhere in australia's blue mountain or besides Lake Varern in sweden or cameron highlands in malaysia or ben nevis in scotland or Yellowstone park in USA . And out of this guesing game we can invent a million more computer simulated guessing games ,as to whether Jassika is using Gurujee or if indeed Gurujee is secretly using her oblivious to her knowledge!!!!! whether this an ego trip on her part,reflecting her utter foolishness and disrespect ,lack of consideration for protocal , and sheer stupidity ,or ,whether indeed this is one massive brilliant ,creative ,imaginative, intelligent, forward thinking radical ,revolutionary Guru inspired idea because Gurujee himself has decided that as He is unpredictable ,this time around he wants to break his normal pattern and go bless Jassika's wedding besides a waterfall in Breacon Beacons in Wales!!!!!! We could also start turning theological and start debating whether Jassika is intelligent enuff to have worked out her wedding plan herself or whether it was an idea planted in her brain by an aunt who happens to live in Calgary or perhaps her Ethiopian boss at work or whether Gurujee himself turned on the lights in her brain and gave her a vision of this during Raehraas when she somehow managed to shut her eyes for 2 secs . and we can churn this like milk n lassi again and again and again .perhaps this ''great debate '' about Jasika's wedding to be made into a permanent thread on this website . or we could make Jassica's facebook beat the guiness book of records by continuing this debate there and debating on her wedding site for years to come even after she dies!!!!! and we could end up in a big bust up whether it does matter or not .

At the end of the day ,let us daily pray that all our words ,thoughts and deeds ,our ideas and suggestions, though they may break all norms of predictable social and religous behaviour are not propelling out of our little selfish manmatia minds ,but inspired,ordered and radiating from the hukum and happiness of Gurujee whose as Bhai Nand Lal says 'dogs/puppies' we are. '' Hukum rejai chelna Nanak likhia naal''

The answer to that Jassika knows. or, does she?

-whether

hahaha Thank You for giving this place hope! best post ever.

but yea I will still need to find other OPEN MINDED sikhs that know how to live to support this idea. Probably best to ask the ones who themselves had their Sikh wedding outdoors.. I will share the answer for other Sikhs to know and reference..

dear bhenji jassika

as long as i get invited too!!! and get my fair share of tasty gulab jamuns, barfi , kalakand, jalebis and ladoos hopefully cooked in olive oil to prevent my cholesterol shooting up and me dying during your wedding hahaaaaa ,not to forget the main menu of shahi paneer etc .

ooops mabe u shuld be telling us wots on the menu . danger is then ill break in as an uninvited guest hahaaaa if i get too tempted .

sangat is GURU ROOP so mabe u need to work out how many kids u wanna have and approach sangat on here for blessings hahaaaaa

forget all other blessings ,i will bless you by helping to finish off all remaining mithai at your wedding hahaaaaaa

( on a light note )

But not One person bothered to ask if there would be alcohol served at the golf course venue wedding. Or if there would be people smoking in the Immediate area.

Pause for thought of concern before adopting our western trends.

Looks like you've made up your mind already. Which would make the argument in this topic futile.

Gurfateh.