Sikh Wedding Outside

Jassika

and o dint have wedding outdoors but umm always luvv countryside and fantasise and dream of doing all kinds of things outdoors . just spend most of tuesday with a norwegian and american(both really getting close to sikhi) in the marsh and wet lands of a coastal village-town in UK called portishead .walking along the beach ,doing simran and watching wild rabbits ,marsh land and oceonic birds and their sounds and then sat right on the edge of the atlantic oceon nd dipped me feet in that salty oceon water .lush that was .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''

But not One person bothered to ask if there would be alcohol served at the golf course venue wedding. Or if there would be people smoking in the Immediate area.

Pause for thought of concern before adopting our western trends.

Looks like you've made up your mind already. Which would make the argument in this topic futile.

Gurfateh.''

dear veerjee ,dont worry , i got a feeling jassika going create a 10 or 20 mile no smoking n drinking zone around her wedding site and me telepathy tells me she wants make u jathedar of a nice khalsa fauj to guard the zone and nikname you as sri singh sahib tigersoulja singh hahaa

Jassika Ji,

My personal view.

This is not about the physical environment being "unsuitable or suitable" for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's saroop. Personally I think the issue boils down to intention and objective

If the intentions are for the promotion of Dharma and Jeevan then even a brothel is a suitable environment. If the intention is about convenience for wedding guests, self promotion of the family etc then personally I think the motives are self-seeking and self-centered.

I think this vid sums it up starting from 15 seconds Please just watch the part about wedding halls

Jassika Ji,

My personal view.

This is not about the physical environment being "unsuitable or suitable" for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's saroop. Personally I think the issue boils down to intention and objective

If the intentions are for the promotion of Dharma and Jeevan then even a brothel is a suitable environment. If the intention is about convenience for wedding guests, self promotion of the family etc then personally I think the motives are self-seeking and self-centered.

Truesay!

Jassika Ji,

My personal view.

we all know jassika's intentions and objectives hahaaa! I hear, she just wants to cause a mere little stir, over here, so we all get into gear! and attend her wedding ,my dear (o that rhymed well! hahaaa)

Since we are on the subject of brothels lemme tell u a true but funny story. Many many years ago just as i graduated, i moved out and rented the front ground floor flat of a building. My flat became a little hub of sikhi activities like me and me m8s doing kirtan together loads,loads ,loads. Some chinese girls lived in a big flat upstairs and i would see some nice cars parking outside occasionally, and in my innocence and naiveness i just assumed that these were their boyfriends picking them up for dating etc .Anyway, as a fresh graduate on my 1st job ,and with my flat being busy with us doing kirtan and stuff we didnt have time to bother or worry about this neighbours we had . I did however notice that some sehajdhari sikh guys in that area would be looking up( those girls flat) ,then glance down (my flat), whenever they passed by and give me strange looks and giggle amongst themselves. Never could guess why.

Then,very very shortly within a few weeks those girls suddenly all cleared out and left and dissapeared. The landlord came to me angrily and said '' you have caused me a problem, because of you my chinese girls tenants upstairs flat have all suddenly left'' . i said ''why'' . He said its because that was actually a brothel they were operating upstairs and they had realised that the guy downstairs(me) was actually like a priest in his turban ,beard and all his other m8s too in their religous robes(bana). He said these ''priests ''(us) would start praying and singing very loudly from 3 or 4 a.m and all those prayers were ruining their businesss because all those prayers were putting off their clients and making them want to go home hahaaaaa .Those girls had also complained that, the sound of our drums( lots tablas) was very frightening and causing panic while they were trying to ''entertain'' their ''clients'' hahaaa

So the landlord said to me 'well since you chased them away you better now rent all of upstairs' . Wow, thats exactly what we needed-a bigger space. When we went up the 1st time, o dear indeed that had been a brothel!!!! there was tons and tons of takeaway boxes and empty lager bottles, etc etc . Strangely enough there was no bad smell at all. I got to learn these girls apparently pay for evil spirits that mask every bad odour as an enticement to seduce clients .

Anyway, we cleared up the whole place thoroughly, got it repainted and washed etc and moved up. We started doing simran ,nitnem ,paath, kirtan even more than before.One night, i had a beautiful uplifting reassuring dream/vision in which i saw Shri Guru Nanak Dev jee just floating/walking up the stairs,entering into the flat and blessing it . That area had no gurudwara so some of the older matajis took a set of our keys so they could sit together in the huge prayer room we had sat aside and do Sukhmani Sahib in the afternoons and join us for Raehraas when us guys returned from work . They would even cook for us treating us as their own sons.So, a brothel turned into a local ''Gurudwara'' magically . The local Sikh community would gather for satsangs in this place for sangrand ,puranmashi kirtan plus youth kirtan every friday . This continued till i moved elsewhere .

The presence of a gurmukh in a community,work place, or family can be far more meaningful, magical and mesmerising than we normally realise .

But not One person bothered to ask if there would be alcohol served at the golf course venue wedding. Or if there would be people smoking in the Immediate area.

Pause for thought of concern before adopting our western trends.

Looks like you've made up your mind already. Which would make the argument in this topic futile.

Gurfateh.

REFER TO POST #8.

Anand Karaj should not be done in any type of clubs (ex. lions club etc), marriage halls and any place which usually made for parties and marriages etc.

I think Open Space like waterfront, near golf course, private beach front etc is okay as long as couple keep and maintain high respect for guru sahib throughout the event. Jassika, it is okay if you make sure that someone gonna keep high respect to the maryada when guru sahib jee come, stay and leave. Some precautions need to taken care of and i hope that you will take care of it if you opt for outdoor anand karaj.

To those who disagree, i understand the concern but if we can take our guru sahib jee to various camps around globe then i am sure taking guru sahib jee to start new couple life is okay too ONLY if full respect is given along with sikh maryada.

Good Luck in your search