Swat Valley Sikhs

These Sikhs need to look to their future. Either political asylum in the west or settlement in areas like Nankana Sahib which would bolster the local Sikh population and hence provde a sense of security. Being located in small groups in the tribal areas means that they have no local power and can be eliminated at any time without any news geting out. The Pakistani army might be fighting the Taliban now but last a few months ago the government had given the Taliban full control of Swat. The Taliban can come back anytime so the Sikhs need to look the longer term for their future.

United Sikhs should be concentrating their efforts and expending their resources on only the sikh refugees. The millions of Muslims who fled are the same ones who asked for sharia law and celebrated the Taliban as heroes. They brought the situation on themselves, the Sikhs are just the innocent victims in all this.

http://vimeo.com/unitedsikhs

Please visit. 3 videos can be viewed here.

1. UNITED SIKHS - Pakistan Aid Project TV Adverts
  2. UNITED SIKHS - Pakistan Aid Project TV Short Film
  3. UNITED SIKHS - Talks to Peshawar Sikh Kidnapped by Taliban

There is currently a very large humanitarian crisis. UNITED SIKHS has set up camps and projects bring relief to the region, PLEASE do your part and give your dasvandh to help! If you require information on how to donate please let me know and I will post it.

Thank you very much for directing us to these videos. It's the duty of an influential Sikh group or jathay to provide support to United Sikhs who in turn have taken on a mahan sewa, which very few are willing to do.

As individuals what's the best way of sending donations? Is it via the link http://unitedsikhs.org/donate.php?PHPSESSI...b3931d111b42210

I think these videos need to be shown in the Gurdwara diwans in order to show our 'sheltered' Western Sikh community that daswand can go a lot further then your local Gurdwara extra large wedding hall building extension fund.

Thankfully a vast majority of Sikhs believe in the example of Bhai Kheniya Ji.

Thankfully a vast majority of Sikhs are Khalsa and not all pseudo-Sevapanthis who believe that feeding the hand that bites is a good idea.

I want my money to go to the innocent Sikhs who have been turned out of their houses by Muslim fanatics.

Does anyone know of a Sikh charity that serves the Sikh population in NWFP who have had their homes destroyed and families shattered by these neo-Mughals? Does Khalsa Aid concentrate their efforts on Panja Sahib and the Sikhs of Pakistan, or is the money that is sent to them handed over to the Pakistan government and the one's who are responsible for putting Sikhs in this predicament in the first place?

Regards,

K.

Thankfully a vast majority of Sikhs believe in the example of Bhai Kheniya Ji.

Thankfully a vast majority of Sikhs are Khalsa and not all pseudo-Sevapanthis who believe that feeding the hand that bites is a good idea.

Your type of thinking then puts the actions of Bhai Kheniya Ji as inappropriate and mistaken.

Is then that "Sarbat Da Bhalla" that Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj teaches us solely aimed at the Sikh (be definition)? Do we then prioritise the Sikh who is Keshdhari over the non Keshdhari or perhaps the Amritdhari over the non Amritdhari?

Perhaps the recipient of the donation should fill out a Sikhi questionnaire to establish his Sikh rating and worthiness to receive food and shelter. If that was the case papis like me might as well starve to death.

Your type of thinking then puts the actions of Bhai Kheniya Ji as inappropriate and mistaken.

Is then that "Sarbat Da Bhalla" that Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj teaches us solely aimed at the Sikh (be definition)? Do we then prioritise the Sikh who is Keshdhari over the non Keshdhari or perhaps the Amritdhari over the non Amritdhari?

Perhaps the recipient of the donation should fill out a Sikhi questionnaire to establish his Sikh rating and worthiness to receive food and shelter. If that was the case papis like me might as well starve to death.

Not at all. Baba Khanaiya was involved in Jung and doing seva of all. Are these pseudo-Sevapanthis following Baba Khanaiya's example by sitting comfortably in their homes and encouraging funds to be sent to the people trying to harm our kin when it would be better to send the little money we have to take care of our brothers and sisters?

This is not about Sarbat da Bhalla, this is about handing over money to people have destroyed the homes of Sikhs. Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not hesitate from criticising Babur for his tyranny, nor did Guru Nanak pat him on his back and hand him a tulwar to carry on killing innocents.

Regards,

K.

Singhavelli:

UNITED SIKHS has sent a team to Pakistan that is how the video was collected. The money is being used, allocated and dispersed in accordance to those who are out in the field, suffering and see best fit, not those sitting in comfortable homes (this is a false accusation and warrants an apology)

I'm not talking about the people doing seva, Singh, I'm talking about people like you who live their comfortable lives in Western countries, criticise whitey while living in white's country, then compare yourself and what you are doing to Bhai Khanaiya because you are supporting whatever political position that the liberal media has decided is the issue of the day.

The money as far as I know is not going to the Government although they're are other NGO's involved (another unwarranted accusation).

Grow up, I wasn't accusing anybody of anything, I said I would prefer to send my money to the Gursikhs who need it, and would support a charity that serves the interests of our people.

Also, if hatred didn't blind some of us, the video discusses how some of these same Muslims saved the life of the Kidnapped victim by collecting whatever money they had to pay for and help secure bail - and perhaps as a result have had to flee as well (again a response to another one of your misleading facts). Some of these muslims have had to flee as well because they are under attack from the Taliban.

Is this really the best you can do? Accuse people of racism when they don't agree with your ideology and don't view the world through rose-tinted spectacles as you seem to do?

These same Muslims had no problem with the Taliban initially when they intorduced sharia law into NWFP. It was only when their own interests were under threat that they started whining about the Taliban.

However, if you feel so strongly, I guess your best bet is to call whoever the management is at Panja Sahib and tell them to close the doors to all Muslims. But I must say, If that ever happens, Kaljug will be at its finest hour, for even Guru Ji never conducted such behaviour towards the tyrants. It is absolutely crucial we are critical and even actively in opposition of Tyrants such as the Taliban, but even Guru Ji did not homogenize an entire people as evil, even under the rule of Babur, he did not shun or disregard the well being of ALL Muslims.

Quit being such a drama queen, man. I don't want to put the poor people who now realise that the Taliban were not what they thought they would be, but I want to make sure that money goes straight to Panja Sahib so that Sikhs benefit, and anyone who takes shelter in Gurughar. I do not want it being used to poor Taliban-supporting fools who think they can get a free meal from the infidels before they go back to their jihad.

Additionally, this is NOT handing money to those who have destroyed the home of Sikhs, the money is going directly to those in IDP Camps, who have had their homes destroyed (yet another false accusation).

You're quick to jump to accusations of accusations, Singh.

I think we should all keep in mind the following words of wisdom.

"Recognize the Lord's Light within all, do not consider social class or status; there are no classes/castes in the world hereafter"

It really hurts me to see that one failure of our community is that we tend to be crabs in a bucket and allow our pride and egos to demean the Seva of good intent of others - this if anything is the greatest obstacle to Ekta.

It really hurts me to see that people are so naive that they think that serving people who are intent on destroying Sikhi is some form of seva.

Take it easy,

K.

kaljug Singh

How do you know that the pakistanis welcomed the taliban with open arms, is there a legitimate opinion poll that you have read?

Secondly the people of punjab have voted in idiots for years should we excommunicate them because the politicians did not live up to their promises

The problem you have which u will probably not admit is that u are collectively labelling a whole people, ~Guru Nanak spoke out against Babar because HE was bad he did not say all muslims are bad because of Babar.

The below is an official army document given out to all soldiers in punjab immediately after operation bluestar, it labelled all sikhs the same, how is your philosophy any different. Your saying they are all intent on destroying Sikhi have u met them all, or are you just sitting comfortable at home

‘Any knowledge of the ‘Amritdharis’ (baptised Sikhs) who are dangerous people and pledged to commit murders, arson and acts of terrorism should immediately be brought

to the notice of the authorities. These people may appear

harmless from outside but they are basically committed to

terrorism. In the interest of all of us their identity and

whereabouts must always be disclosed.’

Baat Cheet Serial No. 153 (July 1984), Department of Defence, Govt. of India,