Concentration While Meditating

Guest GuesT

Guest guestttt

vjkk vjkf

this is how daas was instructed to do simran

on the inhale - say vahi in your mind, feel your saas go to your solar plexus

on the exhale - say guru in your mind, feel your saas go to your third eye

at the same time visualise what guru ji means to you, for example the gurmantr in gurmukhi form

bani guru, guru hai bani, vichi bani amrit sare

so as you inhale, feel the saas, say vahi in your mind and visualize the letters vava, kna, haha thi sirahee

and as you exhale, feel the saas, say guru in your mind and visualize the letters gaga ounkar, rara dulainkar

if you wanted to increase the concentration, you can try pressing your thumb against your finger tips for each syllable

the more things you have like this to concentrate on, the less your mind will wonder, or at least it will be easier to snap out of it. jus like everyone is saying, practice

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest

Does this mean that those who dont understand Swas Swas from Guru Jis instructions that their Naam Simran it has no effect? Of course not anybody who does Naam Simran will get GUru Jis blessing. Swas Swas just has a stronger effect. Learning from Guru Jis instructions is a great aid in learing Swas Swas simran immediately. Otherwise It takes lots and lots of Naam Simran to learn this method form Guru Ji. Does this mean that those who have not recieved Naam Drir during AMrit Sanchar they unvalid Amrit? Abolutely no, it would be blasphemous to think such a thing.

Naam Drir along with Guru Jis instructions is the greatest gift in doing Swas Swas Naam Simran it makes the technique more easier and undestable. For example, at the local Gurdwara I attend there are some older Singhs who have not recieved Naam Drir. They do Naam Simran during Amrit Vela ( 1-4) everyday with the Sangat. They are truly blessed to do so much Naam Simran. When they are doing Naam Simran one can notice at times they are doing it with their swas, but this is not all the time. Its obvious Guru Ji has blessed these older Singhs with some understanding of Swas Swas Simran technique due to their lifetime Bhagti. Gurmukhs like Baba Attar Singh Ji ( Mastuana) Baba Isher Singh Ji ( Rara Sahib) Baba Nand Singh Ji, Baba Harnam Singh Ji ( Rampur) , and Baba Thakur SIngh Ji did Swas Swas Naam Simran without learning the technique during AMrit Sanchar. But they would do Naam Abhyiaas all day Guru Ji eventually blessed them with the technique. For householder its extrememly diffiuclt to do as much Naam SImran as those Gurmukhs to learn the technique of Swas Swas, thus it is advisable to learn directly from Panj Pyaarey who are the emobidment of Guru Sahib. DO you think it is more helpful to learn instructions from a Sant or Guru Ji? I think it is wrong to question the power and ability of Panj Pyaarey. People who do such things are taking a daring risk, I only hope such people think before they try to put doubts about Panj Pyaarey in peoples mind.

I think the people who talk down on Naam Drir do not have bad intentions I just think they are misguided. They think by talking down on Naam Drir they are just talking down on AKJ. But this is not the truth. They are talking down on Panj Pyaarey who is the emodiment of Guru Ji.

Taken from a different forum:

Sit down, and close ur eyes and focus on ur trikuti (third eye) the Brow Chakara, and slowly breath in while saying Wahe and exhale saying Guru. This is called swas swas simran. I was taught to do Naam Simran dis way when i took amrit from an Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the Panj Payray put their hand on ur head and install Naam Simran into u, thus teach u how to do it.

Veer ji, i think there is alot of confucion in your posts, sikhi is not confusing it is simple but difficult to complish.

First of all naam drir and swass swass simran have NO connection. Naam drir is the way naam is given, swass swass simran is when you start japping naam with every breath - and only few blessed souls accomplish this state. You are making it out like people who receive naam drir in the akj fashion can do this - how ridiculous!!!! There are different jugit's - methods of japping naam which help to jap naam with every breath, but at the end of the day it is an individual's kamai that will help them reach this stage - it is not just something that can be given, you cheapen the uniqueness of those who have reached this avastha.

All puraaten samparaders, do not given naam drir in tha akj fashion - simply because it is not maryada, i.e. not necessary. Putting hand on hand will not help you jap more naam then if it wasnt done so. Bhai sahib Randhir singh ji got the method from kookers who would shout out Guruoo etc, they were a scholar and thats what scholars do - research. But mahapursh's, taksal, Nihangs, nanaksar do not state this as a requirement, putting hand on your head, hands etc will not give you automatic naam simran as some akjs claim, it is a disgusting converting tactic and paap. Putting Gurmukhs in shankar is maha, maha paap, because it doesnt matter how your amrit sanchar was, you should have full faith in it. I have seen people being converted into to taking 'pesh' because of this and later they feel ashamed of what they done.

People like you who are very knowleglable and clever in their wording, act ekta-fied, but the agenda's can be seen quite clearly. Benti, stop trying to convert the sangat to what you think is right, and learn to respect other peoples views.

SIMPLY: receive amrit, jap naam and you can reach any spiritual state. Keep it simple.

There was never som much fuss about this in bhai sahinbs time, sukhdeep singh ji you should not follow one scholar whole heartly, as everyone is subject to mistakes, e.g. Bhai Randhir singh was mistaken about Teja Singh Bhasaur who he greatly got on with, turned out to be a complete utter traitor. Everyone is sent to this earth because they have done something wrong, other then sant mahapursh's who are sent here to help people.

Does this mean that those who dont understand Swas Swas from Guru Jis instructions that their Naam Simran it has no effect? Of course not anybody who does Naam Simran will get GUru Jis blessing. Swas Swas just has a stronger effect. Learning from Guru Jis instructions is a great aid in learing Swas Swas simran immediately. Otherwise It takes lots and lots of Naam Simran to learn this method form Guru Ji. Does this mean that those who have not recieved Naam Drir during AMrit Sanchar they unvalid Amrit? Abolutely no, it would be blasphemous to think such a thing.

Naam Drir along with Guru Jis instructions is the greatest gift in doing Swas Swas Naam Simran it makes the technique more easier and undestable. For example, at the local Gurdwara I attend there are some older Singhs who have not recieved Naam Drir. They do Naam Simran during Amrit Vela ( 1-4) everyday with the Sangat. They are truly blessed to do so much Naam Simran. When they are doing Naam Simran one can notice at times they are doing it with their swas, but this is not all the time. Its obvious Guru Ji has blessed these older Singhs with some understanding of Swas Swas Simran technique due to their lifetime Bhagti. Gurmukhs like Baba Attar Singh Ji ( Mastuana) Baba Isher Singh Ji ( Rara Sahib) Baba Nand Singh Ji, Baba Harnam Singh Ji ( Rampur) , and Baba Thakur SIngh Ji did Swas Swas Naam Simran without learning the technique during AMrit Sanchar. But they would do Naam Abhyiaas all day Guru Ji eventually blessed them with the technique. For householder its extrememly diffiuclt to do as much Naam SImran as those Gurmukhs to learn the technique of Swas Swas, thus it is advisable to learn directly from Panj Pyaarey who are the emobidment of Guru Sahib. DO you think it is more helpful to learn instructions from a Sant or Guru Ji? I think it is wrong to question the power and ability of Panj Pyaarey. People who do such things are taking a daring risk, I only hope such people think before they try to put doubts about Panj Pyaarey in peoples mind.

I think the people who talk down on Naam Drir do not have bad intentions I just think they are misguided. They think by talking down on Naam Drir they are just talking down on AKJ. But this is not the truth. They are talking down on Panj Pyaarey who is the emodiment of Guru Ji.

Taken from a different forum:

Sit down, and close ur eyes and focus on ur trikuti (third eye) the Brow Chakara, and slowly breath in while saying Wahe and exhale saying Guru. This is called swas swas simran. I was taught to do Naam Simran dis way when i took amrit from an Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the Panj Payray put their hand on ur head and install Naam Simran into u, thus teach u how to do it.

Veer ji, i think there is alot of confucion in your posts, sikhi is not confusing it is simple but difficult to complish.

First of all naam drir and swass swass simran have NO connection. Naam drir is the way naam is given, swass swass simran is when you start japping naam with every breath - and only few blessed souls accomplish this state. You are making it out like people who receive naam drir in the akj fashion can do this - how ridiculous!!!! There are different jugit's - methods of japping naam which help to jap naam with every breath, but at the end of the day it is an individual's kamai that will help them reach this stage - it is not just something that can be given, you cheapen the uniqueness of those who have reached this avastha.

All puraaten samparaders, do not given naam drir in tha akj fashion - simply because it is not maryada, i.e. not necessary. Putting hand on hand will not help you jap more naam then if it wasnt done so. Bhai sahib Randhir singh ji got the method from kookers who would shout out Guruoo etc, they were a scholar and thats what scholars do - research. But mahapursh's, taksal, Nihangs, nanaksar do not state this as a requirement, putting hand on your head, hands etc will not give you automatic naam simran as some akjs claim, it is a disgusting converting tactic and paap. Putting Gurmukhs in shankar is maha, maha paap, because it doesnt matter how your amrit sanchar was, you should have full faith in it. I have seen people being converted into to taking 'pesh' because of this and later they feel ashamed of what they done.

People like you who are very knowleglable and clever in their wording, act ekta-fied, but the agenda's can be seen quite clearly. Benti, stop trying to convert the sangat to what you think is right, and learn to respect other peoples views.

SIMPLY: receive amrit, jap naam and you can reach any spiritual state. Keep it simple.

There was never som much fuss about this in bhai sahinbs time, sukhdeep singh ji you should not follow one scholar whole heartly, as everyone is subject to mistakes, e.g. Bhai Randhir singh was mistaken about Teja Singh Bhasaur who he greatly got on with, turned out to be a complete utter traitor. Everyone is sent to this earth because they have done something wrong, other then sant mahapursh's who are sent here to help people.

For the most part this is a realy good post and its both disheartning and very worrying that our brothers and sisters have began to assert our view of the perfect amrit sanchar on one another. Lets get back to sikhi basics and leave our maryada and views at home its time we woke up and become one with each other.

There was no difference in 1699 so why should their be now?

Im sure every gurmukh would agree and its highly likely that all the gurmukhs of the panth also have said the same as bhai jarnail singh

'take amrit from any pany pyare' (as long as basic maryada is their)

But im afraid those who love their jatha more then the panth won't admit this- sour grapes.

This post was not aimed at any jatha and only endorses one jatha which is the khalsa panth

If the message of ekta has hurt anyone then I have no apology to make but if my words have then forgive my mistakes.

Guest guesst

When doing simran i find i have to stop to gulp because of all the slavia (thok) thats builds up while doing simran, how can i overcome this problem??

please help this stupid paapi!

Guest guesty

Bebe Nanaki amrit sanchaars also do this puting hand on head way of giving naam technique, exactly same as akj amrit sanchar's, the difference, they stick to kes as kakkar while akjs state it as keski.