Sikh Channel - Bibi Fasion Statement

Why can't you Khalsa Lioness's get off your backsides and actually do something for the panth instead of sitting on your PCs and moaning about other people's wardrobes. So everyones not got your perfect jeevan in your perfect jatha bubble.

The biggest problem we got is our bibya won't come and put themselves forward and the ones who eventually do apparently don't know how do dress and wear the dreaded make up. So it's catch 22.

I hope that you do not own or wear any non-blue/white/kesri/black clothes whatsoever, especially if you are willing to point ongleea at others who do.

And asking for support from the sangat. when did that become such an issue. It's not begging, it's asking for support.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF

Sangat Ji,

I feel it is important for the Sikh Channel to know the views of others due to the beadbi of Maharajs Roop they are allowing.

The advert for the "Childrens program" the Bibi posing as the "Mom" wears a read dastar. As this is not a Khalsa colour, why wear it so it makes others think this is an accepted colour to the Khalsa? We try to preach to non sikhs when they see our wedding photos why we do not wear red but instead blue and white and why we do not wear red dastars but if the "Keep it Free for the Non Sikh Viewers" see this, it raises questions and as do all people, if they see something on the TV, it means more to them then someone saying something.

Secondly, the bibi doing the show this morning, wore a pink dastar!?! And then had makeup on aswel? Please can someone correct me, but i have always been taught by Gursikhs, at camps, in the gurdwara sahib makeup is wrong? Please can this now be confirmed?!?

The "Sikh channel" really does NOT seem to be showing the correct image of the Sikhs which this level of Maharajs Roop being disrespeted.

Sikh Channel, please correct this actions. I did email you but i did not receive any response.

My apologies if there are any bibia on here who feel it is ok to wear a dastar and makeup or multi coloured fashion statement dastars. As a abibi myself, i feel this is not the way forward. We want to be "Amritdhari" and wear Dastars but more importantly, want to dress like manmukhs and disrespect the image of the Khalsa with painting our faces to make ourselves feel pretty.

While i mention this, please sikh channel, "PLEASE FORGET TO TAKE OF THE NOTICE ABOUT NOT FORGETTING TO SET UP A DIRECT DEBIT". If your channel is supposed to be continuous, maharaj will himself provide enough funding without you constantly forcing people to feel the need to donate. See there is a difference between donate and setting up a direct debit. You can post it on your website, not leave a notice and run special shows just on how to fill in the damn form. Im sure, we all know how to fill in our details seeing as we have to fill them in for just about anything we do in todays world.

My apologies Sangat Ji, the nature of the channel constantly requestin money and now seeing how they are allowing bibis to potray the dastar, is more so putting me off watching the channel full stop. From watching daily, i know only flick over for Sukhmani sahib at 12pm and occasionaly if i get a call to say there is nice Katha / Keertan on the live show. I really have lost interest in watching the channel as all i see is the continuous degrading of Sikhi - TO BEG FOR MONEY.

Baba Nand Singh Ji, Nanaksarwale, enforced his chellay had no money at all while doing seva with him. No money for food, no money for the Gurdwara sahib nothing. They were not allowed to have money at all. The reason why? Because he had full faith in maharaj that only he can provide what he needs. We have stooped to just begging for money. It makes me think, what has Sikhi now become.

The channel is good, i like the idea, just not the begging and displaying of the Khalsa image.

Gurfateh

I think you've got some fair points, and you should have a right to voice your opinons . I personaly recommend you phone up sikh channel and tell them, Im sure they will take it board :) Go down their benji and show them how its done!

Why can't you Khalsa Lioness's get off your backsides and actually do something for the panth instead of sitting on your PCs and moaning about other people's wardrobes. So everyones not got your perfect jeevan in your perfect jatha bubble.

The biggest problem we got is our bibya won't come and put themselves forward and the ones who eventually do apparently don't know how do dress and wear the dreaded make up. So it's catch 22.

I hope that you do not own or wear any non-blue/white/kesri/black clothes whatsoever, especially if you are willing to point ongleea at others who do.

And asking for support from the sangat. when did that become such an issue. It's not begging, it's asking for support.

Thank you for commenting using my name :) Internet warriors? Thank you again.

Please tell me how many times you have been standing on the front line when Maharaj has been disrespected. Please tell me how many times you have been there to stop the beadbi taking place. Please tell me when you have confronted the sikhs who claim to be amritdhari and are busy eyeing up boys and girls in the sangat. Please tell me how many times you have been questioned by the police for doing this seva? Are you living in the dream world where by only those who happen to identify something and say it on the forums are internet warriors? Not realising that many of those Internet Warriors are actually Khalsa warriors and would not walk away on the battlefield but run towards it when people like you are busy hiding away.

The biggest problem is not the bibiya dont put themselves forward and the problem is that those who do put themselves forward really dont do a good job - disrespect of the roop of the khalsa is not something that would have been taken lightly in the olden days.

Please not the fact the makeup issue has gone astray. Would i be correct in thinking all of you that have replied only to the issue of dastar colours believe it is ok to wear makeup?

Please again READ THE POST - i DID contact the Sikh Channel and did not get any response.

I know they read this forum hence they READ it here.

Asking is a one in a while request, not a continuous post to say "Set up your direct debit at www.sikhchannel.tv" - This is begging for money. To have different people throughout the day read out the names of those who have set up direct debits and continuously request people set up direct debit is begging.

I really cannot understand how so many sangat members are really brainwashed in to believing this is ok. Correct me if i am wrong yet again, but do we all not get annoyed when the stage secretary says "Building Fund" at a wedding when we all know they ask every time. Yes we do. Why? Because we see no change and we are bored of hearing it.

Remeber,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Not manmukh behaviour.

Some of you really need to pick up a Gutkha Sahib, read some paath, go to the Gurdwara and do some real seva.

Thank you for commenting using my name :) Internet warriors? Thank you again.

Please tell me how many times you have been standing on the front line when Maharaj has been disrespected. Please tell me how many times you have been there to stop the beadbi taking place. Please tell me when you have confronted the sikhs who claim to be amritdhari and are busy eyeing up boys and girls in the sangat. Please tell me how many times you have been questioned by the police for doing this seva? Are you living in the dream world where by only those who happen to identify something and say it on the forums are internet warriors? Not realising that many of those Internet Warriors are actually Khalsa warriors and would not walk away on the battlefield but run towards it when people like you are busy hiding away.

The biggest problem is not the bibiya dont put themselves forward and the problem is that those who do put themselves forward really dont do a good job - disrespect of the roop of the khalsa is not something that would have been taken lightly in the olden days.

Please not the fact the makeup issue has gone astray. Would i be correct in thinking all of you that have replied only to the issue of dastar colours believe it is ok to wear makeup?

Please again READ THE POST - i DID contact the Sikh Channel and did not get any response.

I know they read this forum hence they READ it here.

Asking is a one in a while request, not a continuous post to say "Set up your direct debit at www.sikhchannel.tv" - This is begging for money. To have different people throughout the day read out the names of those who have set up direct debits and continuously request people set up direct debit is begging.

I really cannot understand how so many sangat members are really brainwashed in to believing this is ok. Correct me if i am wrong yet again, but do we all not get annoyed when the stage secretary says "Building Fund" at a wedding when we all know they ask every time. Yes we do. Why? Because we see no change and we are bored of hearing it.

Remeber,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Not manmukh behaviour.

Some of you really need to pick up a Gutkha Sahib, read some paath, go to the Gurdwara and do some real seva.

Forgive me Bhenji. For a moment I thought I was more superior than others around me. I now realise I am just a manmukh who should really be standing on every frontline and putting my neck on the line for Sikhi and not sit at home and criticise others for doing sewa.

I suppose I'll see you on that battlefield then! I take it you won't be the bibi in the turquoise dastaar.

To be honest it is embarassing the way they are operating (money wise).

Still no accounts or constitution have been released, but instead more and more and more requests for cash.

People have tried contacting the Channel on a number of issues, but no responses are given.

Surely by now, the Channel should be able to declare its legal status, its breakdown of costs, realistic future plans for production etc to enable the sangat to better support and help develop the Channel - if that is really what they want.

And whatever your own seva, lets not assume that others do, or do not do seva, themselves. People may be working around the clock for the Panth, how can we possibly comment on their actions? Over the years I have seen people who have dedicated their lives for seva (in the real world - cannot say who as they would beat me senseless lol ), occasionaly they have come onto the forum to make sangat aware of different things, and people have accussed them of all sorts :) pointing fingers, asking them what they do etc. They simply get abused and leave, they are hardly going to try and refute things by saying what they actually do are they.

So lets just chill out and take things in context. :)

Fateh Ji

Singh#?

With regards to the crisps being eat that fine becuz Roast Chicken Walkers are suitable for vegitarian and i dont no what your talking about.

Otheres i dont no about i.e make up

- can you see the make up

or is it just the lighting in the studios?

And the Keep It Free Campain-- The Sikh CHannel cant fund it self, money doesnt just grow on trees nor it comes frm the sky and drop down. Asking sangat is no problem as i think every gurdwarae and events we go to they appeal for donations, so i dont no y theres a problem.<BR>With the DD setup, this is bacuz Sikh Channel is an on-going project so to keep i on-going they need on-going support. its differtn with the Gurdwaras for exampl they wud appeal for new builings etc, the builing will be made and thats it. with the channel its a mouthly payment.

Singh# i think that you should talk direct to the Sikh Channel team and share you views with them.

I think that we have more issues to worry about colours!

Bul Chuk Maaf!

Fateh

To be honest it is embarassing the way they are operating (money wise).

Still no accounts or constitution have been released, but instead more and more and more requests for cash.

People have tried contacting the Channel on a number of issues, but no responses are given.

Surely by now, the Channel should be able to declare its legal status, its breakdown of costs, realistic future plans for production etc to enable the sangat to better support and help develop the Channel - if that is really what they want.

And whatever your own seva, lets not assume that others do, or do not do seva, themselves. People may be working around the clock for the Panth, how can we possibly comment on their actions? Over the years I have seen people who have dedicated their lives for seva (in the real world - cannot say who as they would beat me senseless lol ), occasionaly they have come onto the forum to make sangat aware of different things, and people have accussed them of all sorts :) pointing fingers, asking them what they do etc. They simply get abused and leave, they are hardly going to try and refute things by saying what they actually do are they.

So lets just chill out and take things in context. :)

You talk about the Sikh Channel as if you are aware of an ulterior motive or some great conspiracy behind the keep it free campaign. Either that or you just want to put doubt in peoples minds so that they don't contribute.

With all due respect you talk about transparency yet many of us support other groups who have no transparency and carry an element of internal risk and yet they are considered legit simply because they use the taksali or jatha label to hide behind.

Where are fully published accounts, 3 year strategic plans, legal status and what not of the other groups you all fully back because your mates run it? Transparency and Sikh institutes don't go together and very rarely do. Write to any jathebhandi asking them for information regarding their trustees, funds, plans, legal position and watch either no response or some out of date generic reply.

Context? Why not look at the tangible as well as intangible benefits and let the sangat assess that before implementing doubt in their minds. Look at what has and what can the Sikh Channel achieve regardless of it not being run by any of your chums.

If this Sikh Channel carrys some dangerous conspiracy that will destroy the panth then why has no one else felt strong enough to set a Channel up themselves which ticks all these panthic boxes?

Again, it's simple nit-picking which stalls any progression for our community.

Fateh Ji

Singh#?

With regards to the crisps being eat that fine becuz Roast Chicken Walkers are suitable for vegitarian and i dont no what your talking about.

Otheres i dont no about i.e make up

- can you see the make up

or is it just the lighting in the studios?

And the Keep It Free Campain-- The Sikh CHannel cant fund it self, money doesnt just grow on trees nor it comes frm the sky and drop down. Asking sangat is no problem as i think every gurdwarae and events we go to they appeal for donations, so i dont no y theres a problem.<BR>With the DD setup, this is bacuz Sikh Channel is an on-going project so to keep i on-going they need on-going support. its differtn with the Gurdwaras for exampl they wud appeal for new builings etc, the builing will be made and thats it. with the channel its a mouthly payment.

Singh# i think that you should talk direct to the Sikh Channel team and share you views with them.

I think that we have more issues to worry about colours!

Bul Chuk Maaf!

Fateh

Singh@ Works For Sikh Channel. LOL

i noticed too how the Bibiya been wearing make up, which is messed up, no matter how you put it is messed up to see Sinhneea wearing lipstick.

Sikhi is such a pure are dedicated way of life why then are we continually being pushed to be conformists within the western perception of beauty.

Its understandable to see every single media outlet pushing the same distorted agenda, but it is very disheartening to see these tactics on the Sikh Channel. Kids are gonna see that and think its ok to wear makeup.

also

I HATE CLAIM TODAY SOLICITORS aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!