Sikh Channel - Bibi Fasion Statement

about the makeup we gotta realise no one there is a brahmgiani, everyone here and there are struggling in one way or another. they are doing something you and me aint, so cut some slack people.

btw no offense but if you are worried about what color dastaar someones has tied then maybe you got too much free time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT BE SO NEGATIVE ATLEAST HER INTENTIONS ARE GOOD AND SHE IS DOING PARUPKAAR,,,,

THEY ARE TEACHING YOUR CHILDREN AND YET YOU ARE COMPLAING OVER SUCH A TRIVIAL THING.........END OF THE DAY GURU MAHRAAJ ACCEPTS HER SEVA AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

we gotta realise no one there is a brahmgiani, everyone here and there are struggling in one way or another
btw no offense but if you are worried about what color dastaar someones has tied then maybe you got too much free time.

both true points....

but struggling with your Sikhi at home or within your local Sangat is one thing but on national T.V is quite another....people are so impressionable....

Guru Gobind Singh Ji blessed Sikhs with the Dastar for the purpose of making them stand out in a crowd as no sikh would announce themselves when Guru Tegbahadurs Jis received Shaheedi.

For this purpose the Khalsa became Unique and visible to everyone for this distinct appearance.

If people are struggling, should they be the ones to do the parchaar? I have been told by many people who have actually received a great jeevan and kamai that they are not worthy of doing parchaar as they feel they have not learnt enough to tell others. Instead we have people who do not have enough knowledge and a crap jeevan doing parchaar. Yes, i know you will all say they are doing something, but is it better to have someone teaching incorrectly then not at all?

If we are struggling, then we should mis represent on the TV as everybody who watches it sees a bad point to the good people and uses it as an instrument to argue its acceptable as "i saw it on the tv (sikh channel). As the previous poster mentioned, struggling on TV is more impressionable.

Ask yourselves, Would Guru Gobind Singh Ji cut you some slack because you were struggling? Maharaj told a Singh to go slap another singh for reading Paath wrong. No slack was given in the slap.

If Akali Baba Phoola Singh tied Maharaj Ranjit Singh to the tree outside Akaal Takht Sahib and lashed him with a wip because he coloured his beard was he wrong in his actions? Not really, why? Because he believed in keeping the CORRECT roop that maharaj gave us. The NATURAL one and not one which is pushed by western culture. When Niddar Jatha says any of this crap then its a big deal, but nows its on the TV and its "Seva" then its accepted.

The moment we accept any "slacks" is the day we take the next step down the staircase to the extinction of Sikhi. Some of you may feel this statement is over the top but if you have children and you let them watch this, you will understand the reasons. Kids question what they see all the time. If you teach your children about sikhi and then on a "sikh channel" they see anti gurmat behaviour, they will see it as acceptance as after all it was on a sikh channel. I personally, am not happy with my child watching aspects of the channel any more as i fear the teachings we have raised her with will be slowly washed out.

The channel is an ongoing project, yes, so just show the information people require to see before asking for constant donations and now direct debits. If you mate is doing a project and you give money towards it, that money doesnt go into the double figure thousand range plus. It probably goes into the range of about a few hundred tops for posters and flyers. When it comes to large amounts of money, really, the persons involved should be transparent in their dealings if not to prove they are not just using the money for something else.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji blessed Sikhs with the Dastar for the purpose of making them stand out in a crowd as no sikh would announce themselves when Guru Tegbahadurs Jis received Shaheedi.

For this purpose the Khalsa became Unique and visible to everyone for this distinct appearance.

If people are struggling, should they be the ones to do the parchaar? I have been told by many people who have actually received a great jeevan and kamai that they are not worthy of doing parchaar as they feel they have not learnt enough to tell others. Instead we have people who do not have enough knowledge and a crap jeevan doing parchaar. Yes, i know you will all say they are doing something, but is it better to have someone teaching incorrectly then not at all?

If we are struggling, then we should mis represent on the TV as everybody who watches it sees a bad point to the good people and uses it as an instrument to argue its acceptable as "i saw it on the tv (sikh channel). As the previous poster mentioned, struggling on TV is more impressionable.

Ask yourselves, Would Guru Gobind Singh Ji cut you some slack because you were struggling? Maharaj told a Singh to go slap another singh for reading Paath wrong. No slack was given in the slap.

If Akali Baba Phoola Singh tied Maharaj Ranjit Singh to the tree outside Akaal Takht Sahib and lashed him with a wip because he coloured his beard was he wrong in his actions? Not really, why? Because he believed in keeping the CORRECT roop that maharaj gave us. The NATURAL one and not one which is pushed by western culture. When Niddar Jatha says any of this crap then its a big deal, but nows its on the TV and its "Seva" then its accepted.

The moment we accept any "slacks" is the day we take the next step down the staircase to the extinction of Sikhi. Some of you may feel this statement is over the top but if you have children and you let them watch this, you will understand the reasons. Kids question what they see all the time. If you teach your children about sikhi and then on a "sikh channel" they see anti gurmat behaviour, they will see it as acceptance as after all it was on a sikh channel. I personally, am not happy with my child watching aspects of the channel any more as i fear the teachings we have raised her with will be slowly washed out.

The channel is an ongoing project, yes, so just show the information people require to see before asking for constant donations and now direct debits. If you mate is doing a project and you give money towards it, that money doesnt go into the double figure thousand range plus. It probably goes into the range of about a few hundred tops for posters and flyers. When it comes to large amounts of money, really, the persons involved should be transparent in their dealings if not to prove they are not just using the money for something else.

I sense a holier than thou viewpoint here. Again it's only your personal judgement on whose struggling or slacking and whose maybe not

What purpose are the out of context references to the genuine sakhi of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj slapping the Gursikh for his slack serve other than using it in justifing why someone else deserves a slap or why someone is more superior than someone else.

Will all these people who think theres some untransparent conspiracy that the Sikh Channel are brainwashing the sangat into please come clean with their allegations. Is there something concrete or is this just the usual way of putting the next man down for doing something beneficial for the panth?

khalsa_lioness i might come as a rude person here but how about you make a video of yourself that thousands of sikhs will watch without any makeup on, talk about sikhi in the video and when you can do that you have every right in the world to be mad about the lady wearing makeup. have nothing but khalsa colors clothes then tell others about it. the next singhni you see thats wearing makeup tell her off, the next singh you see not wearing a khalsa color turban ask him why then criticize the one thats trying to do something good. if you cant then maybe you shouldnt be criticizing someone or focusing on the negatives rather than the positives.

To be honest it is embarassing the way they are operating (money wise).

Still no accounts or constitution have been released, but instead more and more and more requests for cash.

People have tried contacting the Channel on a number of issues, but no responses are given.

Surely by now, the Channel should be able to declare its legal status, its breakdown of costs, realistic future plans for production etc to enable the sangat to better support and help develop the Channel - if that is really what they want.

And whatever your own seva, lets not assume that others do, or do not do seva, themselves. People may be working around the clock for the Panth, how can we possibly comment on their actions? Over the years I have seen people who have dedicated their lives for seva (in the real world - cannot say who as they would beat me senseless lol ), occasionaly they have come onto the forum to make sangat aware of different things, and people have accussed them of all sorts :) pointing fingers, asking them what they do etc. They simply get abused and leave, they are hardly going to try and refute things by saying what they actually do are they.

So lets just chill out and take things in context. :)

You talk about the Sikh Channel as if you are aware of an ulterior motive or some great conspiracy behind the keep it free campaign. Either that or you just want to put doubt in peoples minds so that they don't contribute.

With all due respect you talk about transparency yet many of us support other groups who have no transparency and carry an element of internal risk and yet they are considered legit simply because they use the taksali or jatha label to hide behind.

Where are fully published accounts, 3 year strategic plans, legal status and what not of the other groups you all fully back because your mates run it? Transparency and Sikh institutes don't go together and very rarely do. Write to any jathebhandi asking them for information regarding their trustees, funds, plans, legal position and watch either no response or some out of date generic reply.

Context? Why not look at the tangible as well as intangible benefits and let the sangat assess that before implementing doubt in their minds. Look at what has and what can the Sikh Channel achieve regardless of it not being run by any of your chums.

If this Sikh Channel carrys some dangerous conspiracy that will destroy the panth then why has no one else felt strong enough to set a Channel up themselves which ticks all these panthic boxes?

Again, it's simple nit-picking which stalls any progression for our community.

Maybe im not doing it for either of the reasons you have suggested. I havent once said their was a conspiracy (that was you) and i dont see how asking for accounts or how the costs are broken down is creating doubts?? Are you that sensitive that simple straight forward questions can make you feel that way?!

Yes your right, other groups do lack transparancy, but they have a history of producing results, and for many people that fact outweighs any transparancy issues. Anything new is always going to be subject to questions. Thats the nature of the world, you have to accept that fact. Further to this, the lack of transpancy has led to a LOT of problems for the panth for a long long time. If were starting something new, then why not do it properly? Again how is that a problem for you?

When your talking to me, talk to me. If you want to start mentioning my 'chums' then we going to have a problem.

Most of the events you see featured on the Channel are by 'my chums', a lot of the content they play has also been submitted by 'my chums'. So take a long deep breath about your conspiracy theroies!

I have already said, I think the Channel is doing good stuff - so much for your angle of attack there! Regardless of who runs it, my friends or not (and again i have previously said that on a personal note i do know people involved in contributing to the content and production etc) but through discussions with them, the answers are not found.

Iv got no idea what your 'context' rant is about, the only reason i used that word was to get people to calm down and not blow things out of proportion! lol i.e. all this talk about conspiracies etc!

People did try setting up a Channel but due to finance issues (and copyright issues) that project seems to have come to a standstill.

Mala your taking things wayyy to personally, i for one am not criticising the channel for what it is doing, simply asking questions about how it is going about it. IF the project is about input and listening to feedback then there is nothing wrong with this.

:)

Take a deep breath, my questions are aimed as constructive questions. (for example if the channel produced a proper breakdown and approached businesses, they could decide to sponser a certain segment or show, if they see what it actually involves, the more likely people are to take part. From being involved in diff projects over years, experience shows that simply asking for money doesnt produce as good results as when you say this is what we need, this is what we have got so far, this amount of money will pay for this, if we raise £x we can afford to run these shows, this documentary needs £x or volunteers etc people take you more seriously that way).

But nah im just nitpicking hunah.

Khalsa Rehit Maryada by Damdami Taksal a puratan rehit maryada!!

BTW Didnt Guru Gobind Singh state the two colours not to wear were red and green, red being the colour of hindus and green the colour of muslims hence we wear blue as the primary khalsa colour "to represent the saint soldier".

You have got this wrong, red is not the colour of the Hindus. Green is the colour of the Muslims. The colour of the Hindus is Orange and White. There is no problem in wearing different colours, if you look at some old pictures in Punjab of Bibia, you see a lot of them wearing green and red. Correct me if I'm wrong, I have never seen any images of bibia wearing Dastars before 1930's. All images painted after the 1930's, showed bibia wearing dastars (painting to illustrate the times of the gurus 1500-1700).