Sikh Channel - Biggest Fraud Going!

Zindagi

Some of the comments on here are really quite sad. Why dont you guys actually do something about it? Why not go down to Sikh Channel, meet with them, talk to them face to face?

Its saddening because the guys / sevadars who have been there since the start have worked really REALLY hard to build this channel. I am talking coming in at 9am in the morning and leaving at times like 12am / 1am (like last night), and what for? They arent getting paid great amounts because the channel isnt making great amounts and they understand that. Most of the time, they are under GREAT amounts of pressure - so much, that even the most calmest people can fold under the pressure. They do it because they believe in the concept that this channel can do so well and go to great heights and although they are struggling in the beginning, they hope that their efforts will pay off and the channel will stand on its own two feet. What they dont need are couch potatoes sitting behind a computer screen tarnishing their efforts. The channel needs funds to run - do a search in google and you will see many places which tell you it costs hundreds of thousands of pounds to run a Sky Digital TV channel.

Hindus and Muslims are a lot more giving than Sikhs. Fact. Out of a kaum of how many hundreds of thousands, how many responses have the channel had? 10,000? ... ok maybe thats a bit too much... 5,000?.... nope. 1,000? I mean, 1,000 isnt that much right? The channel hasnt even reached 1,000!

This isnt an appeal from me - my aim is to get you lot to wake up, face reality that if you want something bad you have to help out. Why has Sikh Channel had to employ new people when uni students, teachers now have free time for these 6 weeks of holidays to come down and offer seva?! If you cant do or say anything constructive guys, just sit down and shut up (in the politest way possible). But if you want a Sikh Channel, you feel passionately about it, you have ideas, you are the type of person that follows through on everything, then go down and see the guys face to face. You dont get responses from e-mails? That should tell you something... that the very few guys who are there dont have the time to do everything and e-mails are not top of their priority. Those who are serious go down and see them personally, which i suggest all you "internet warriors" who have something to say, go and do.

Bhul chuk maaph.

who gives a toss if they fill their pockets - GURBANI/SIKHI PARCHAR 24/7 ON A TV CHANNEL - i'll fill their pockets all day for that

truth of the matter is no1 else is willing to do anything themselves so just support whats there or we'll all be crying when theres nothing!!

if it means a business man makes a bit for himself then so be it.....thats better than not having a sikh channel at all!!

Singh#?

What does those links prove?

And i dont know were you have got that information from; 90,000 annual?

Just try google "setting up a tv channel on sky platform", and then tell me what figures you get.

Lol if you just spent a hour on the internet researching; mate you dont have any rearching methods.

Those Links?

Licensing Details?

And what?

Im sure that its confrimed that Mr Davy Bal (Under Licensing owns; Sikh Channel (The), Brit Asia TV, Past - Red TV and Legal TV.

SO whats your point in those links???

Fateh

As I get older I begin to see the problems with the internet and what the anonymity by hiding behind the internet can bring. The ability to hide behind a screen and keyboard has given many of us a false confidence and even worse a platform to spread rumours and doubt.

I still fail to see why some of our supposed Sikhs feel the need to attack the issue that the Sikh Channel needs to raise funds in order to broadcast and therefore attack their credibility.

Nindya eventually leads to rumours which eventually leads to a complete misunderstanding. The most dangerous weapons are our tongues and our PCs. We all know that our Karm will eventually come back and bite us in the butt and the rumour mongerer will have the sorest butt of all.

In the end we are only hurting your own kaum by spreading these stories of doubt.

Its simple to get rid of the doubts, as per Gurdwarai routine, the Sikh Channel simply needs to provide a statement of monthly income and costs, that simple. And they need to do this on a montly basis, if people are going to donate funds on a monthly basis, they have every right to know how there money is being spent -Sikh Channel needs to learn about accountability. They should put their charity number and above statement on air for one day and guaranteed, all the hours of asking for money with 3HO inspired simran will rapidly come to an end.

If there are any Sikh Channel sevadaars here, could you kindly ask the channel if they will consider the above suggestion.

If not, then they need to learn to live with the doubts, conspiricies and constant lack of funding, and sadly - the inevitable consequence of their actions (or lack of).

I really hope they take a more transparent approach as some of my veers have suggested, it really is a prerequisite and will ensure they have a long future, paving the way ahead for many other Sikh channels....

also Davy Bal Solicitors own Claim Today Solicitors

© 2009 CTS Claim Today Solicitors. A division of Davy Bal Solicitors Limited.

source: http://www.claim-today.co.uk/

whatever ''Davy Bal'' owns is not really an issue.....(tax is) and according to companies house neither Davy Bal or CTS, or BritAsiaTV or Sikh Channel (which is a PLC NOT a Charity) pay taxes:

if you go to companies house and do a search using their web check service:

http://wck2.companie...cessCompanyInfo

of the following company numbers you can see that they are either dormant, have no accounts filed or are exempt due to being to small or are dormant.....

DAVY BAL SOLICITORS LIMITED (exempt to small, even thought the following are subsidiaries)

1ST FLOOR 3 BROADWAY

BROAD STREET

BIRMINGHAM

WEST MIDLANDS

B15 1BQ

Company No. 04598943

CLAIM TODAY LIMITED (Dormant)

3 BROADWAY

BROAD STREET

BIRMINGHAM

B15 1BQ

Company No. 04103111

THE SIKH CHANNEL LIMITED (no accounts filed, PLC NOT Charity)

6 THE MOORINGS

MIDDLEWICH

UNITED KINGDOM

CW10 9ER

Company No. 06789223

BRIT ASIA TV LIMITED (dormant previous name?? The Sikh Channel Limited)

8TH FLOOR WARWICK CHAMBERS

14 CORPORATION STREET

BIRMINGHAM

WEST MIDLANDS

B2 4RN

Company No. 05293090

ONE PLYMOUTH TV LIMITED (dormant, overdue accounts)

90 GILLOTT ROAD

BIRMINGHAM

WEST MIDLANDS

B16 0ES

Company No. 05525668

The main issues with Sikh Channel are:

Transparency of accounts (because money is coming from Sangat)

Clear up the whole 'Who owns what' scenario (because it could create something know as a conflict of interests, also we dont want anti Panthic forces becoming the mouth piece of the Sikh community)

Responsibility of Sikh Channel to portray PURE SIKHI (because ...well thats just obvious)

Unity of the Panth (because its very important!! and Sikh Channel is the perfect platform)

As i have said before Sikh Channel is in a very important position to help unify the Panth and

Sikh channel needs to concentrate on unifying the message, history and philosophy of Sikhi in a way that is acceptable to all Sikhs, we don't really have a lot of unity at the moment maybe Sikh channel can change this.

Instead of asking for a few donations and living month to month and always worrying about funds if the Sikh Channel worked to create UNITY and established a network of support from Gurdwareh they would run forever.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know there is no other Sikh Channel and no one is expressing an interest in commiting themselves to setting one up. So by building a public attack on this Sikh Channel means we are ultimately trying to bring the only Sikh Channel down. Let’s not pretend that’s not the intentions of some!

No single organisation or charity will ever know the “best” way of doing things, ever. Owning up to that, and being clear about organisational limitations like fund etc, gives others a direction of how to support them.

Whilst I fully agree with transparency, I think people want to use that as an excuse to not part with their hard earned cash and confuse others into not parting with their hard earned cash.

In the case of the Sikh Channel, 24/7 Gurbani exposure is greater than any ‘transparency’ and to me that seems enough reason to support them. Maybe I am wearing some florally goggles and trying to see the better in this product rather than the worst case scenario. But hey..we are Humans and we want the worst case scenarios to exist.

For what it's worth I think Sikh Channel is great. Its the first channel I switch to when my sky box turns on. If it was subscription I would still be be happy to pay for it. There may be those out there who can't afford a fixed subscription, but all Sikhs should be able to watch it regardless. So we as a community need to come together and help this great venture. Out goes Zee tv and in with the Sikh Channel.

So I'm happy to put in seva, subscription or direct debit to play a tiny part in keeping this channel alive. I will be really happy if channel lives on and will be really sad and disappointed if it goes off air due to lack of funding.

I personally can't preach/teach Sikhi to others but if my seva helps those who can and are making a effort to do so then I see my kirat de kammi helping in the mission to spread the great teachings of our religion. May the Sikh Channel florish to every Sikh household throughout the world. We need it....

My humble benti to the Sikh Channel Staff is that once you reach your target income, get rid of those steaming name messages/dedications at the bottom of the screen. Its annoying, distracting and takes your mind away from the real message being spread on the channel. Its like standing in an ardas whilst 100s of names are read out coz they donated a couple of quid towards the ardas. It puts us Sikh's to shame because it portrays us as maya and ego hungry individuals.

Bhul Chuk Maf