Sikh Channel - Biggest Fraud Going!

Zindagi

The main issues with Sikh Channel are:

Transparency of accounts (because money is coming from Sangat)

Clear up the whole 'Who owns what' scenario (because it could create something know as a conflict of interests, also we dont want anti Panthic forces becoming the mouth piece of the Sikh community)

Responsibility of Sikh Channel to portray PURE SIKHI (because ...well thats just obvious)

Unity of the Panth (because its very important!! and Sikh Channel is the perfect platform)

Wow. So many experts in running a TV channel, yet only one channel exists. With all this expertise we should have several TV channels running in no time.

So so many self appointed experts on how the panth should be run, how gurdwaras should be run, how akal takht should be run, how sikh schools should be run, how langar should be cooked, how an akhand path should be done, how amrit should be given and how a sikh tv channel should be run. When it comes down to the crack most of these self appointed representatives of the panth can't achieve anything so start 'blowing things out of proportion' around them to feel important.

They talk about "PURE SIKHI" yet fail to define it and claim that everything else in "IMPURE SIKHI". They talk about "TRANSPARENCY" yet conviently follow other groups who don't seem to need to show TRANSPARENCY. They talk about UNITY yet persistently create doubt and confusion in order DIVIDE the sangat in to their supporters and non-supporters. They use big BOLD fonts possibly assuming that it authenticates their viewpoint.

The Sikh channel needs to make clear what they will promote and what they won't.

Saying that they will promote Sikhi is far to high level.

What's their views on Meat? Ragmala? etc.

From what I've seen, the channel has been overrun by the AKJ, Manvir Singh and his mob.

The channel needs to be totally aligned with the Akal Takht.

People going on the channel, peddling the view that Amritdhari Sikhs cannot eat meat goes against the Hukumana issued by the Akal Takht. (http://www.sikhs.org/meat.htm)

I'm not going to give money to a channel that supports these anti-panthic individuals. You're either with the Akal Takht or you're a renegade to the Sikh Panth.

When the Sikh channel has people like Amanpreet Singh, (Assistant Controller of Sikh Channel), who believes only 'baptized' Sikhs should get married in a Gurdwara, that further persuades me not to invest in such an organization. They believe only 'baptized' Sikhs should get married in a Gurdwara, yet are happy to receive donations from non-'baptized' Sikhs. They are happy to say you're not a Sikh if you eat meat, yet they don't bar donations from 'Sikh's' who eat meat. What hypocrisy!

Such an organization that believes in such hypocritical duality is doomed to failure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/b006wqgk/Monday/console/

Money for the Sikh channel is basically money for the AKJ to peddle their views.

So sorry 'Sikh' channel, you're not getting a penny from me.

Money for the Sikh channel is basically money for the AKJ to peddle their views.

Oh please. Who's photo do you have as your avatar?

Sant Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale, The young Singhs doing kirtan, Rarewale Mahapursh, Katha by Taksalis are all shown regularly and are not AKJ. They also interviewed the Akal Takhat Jathedar recently.

The presenters can have their own views, those are not necessarily the views of the channel. This has to be the lamest excuse I've heard. What jatha does Gurbani belong to - most of the lineup is Kirtan or Paath?

The Sikh channel needs to make clear what they will promote and what they won't.

Saying that they will promote Sikhi is far to high level.

What's their views on Meat? Ragmala? etc.

From what I've seen, the channel has been overrun by the AKJ, Manvir Singh and his mob.

The channel needs to be totally aligned with the Akal Takht.

People going on the channel, peddling the view that Amritdhari Sikhs cannot eat meat goes against the Hukumana issued by the Akal Takht. (http://www.sikhs.org/meat.htm)

I'm not going to give money to a channel that supports these anti-panthic individuals. You're either with the Akal Takht or you're a renegade to the Sikh Panth.

When the Sikh channel has people like Amanpreet Singh, (Assistant Controller of Sikh Channel), who believes only 'baptized' Sikhs should get married in a Gurdwara, that further persuades me not to invest in such an organization. They believe only 'baptized' Sikhs should get married in a Gurdwara, yet are happy to receive donations from non-'baptized' Sikhs. They are happy to say you're not a Sikh if you eat meat, yet they don't bar donations from 'Sikh's' who eat meat. What hypocrisy!

Such an organization that believes in such hypocritical duality is doomed to failure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/b006wqgk/Monday/console/

Doesn't matter my young veer. I suppose you can keep storing your dasvand in your little piggy bank.

It's a shame that people only look at other Sikhs with Jatha/Taksal/Nihang goggles and miss out on some real laha. The ‘hypocritical duality’, I suppose that doesn’t take place in your local Gurdwara where everything’s done in your accepted perfect maryada.

I find it amazing that people can pull out such a variation of excuses of why not to part with £4 a month to support a Sikh Channel. Let’s keep crying about why Muslims. Hindus and Christians are able to have so much public exposure and we still remain hidden in our bedrooms.

well it dont cost 50 G every month to run the sikh channel.

If it does then they should prove this by doing a break down of the cost.

If they can provide this then I myself will set up a direct debit which they request. Im sure many others will be willing also to keep the sikh channel running.

but we need more transparency here.

Waheguru Ji

I just wanted to clarify that Sikh Channel Limited has nothing to do with the sikh channel on sky 840, we registered it for http://www.thesikhchannel.com before the sikh channel was launched on tv.

We have nothing to do with the channel on sky 840! We are still looking to launch Sikh World! and one day with guru sahibs kirpa we will!

Guru Rakha!

Well done Singhs and Singhnio !

I was wondering when we would start slating this endeavor.... I was expecting this type of infantile chatter a few months ago. Hoh hum, a bit optimistic on my part.

The Sikh Channel on Sky840 is a BUSINESS. Setup costs could easily buy one of those super new Gurdwarae. Running a channel like this relies on CASH that only the big Gurdwarae have going through on a monthly basis. This channel is not being run on behalf of the sangat. Technically, you will be able to see their accounts at the end of the tax year regardless.

They rely solely on adverts and donations. This initiative is not about some big Panthic seva. This is about running a business to promote Sikhi.

The quicker the sangat get this into their heads the better.

The BUSINESS needs to remain 'mainstream' and 'moderate' to draw in sangat. If you want an exclusive Taksali (or whatever Jathabandae) channel then open up your own. Their customer base has to be as wide as possible. Typically (and I'm saying this generally) that students and the elderly are the most prominent to watch a channel like this -NEITHER group has much disposible cash. Therefore, they need to market to families/ couples/ businesses to draw in the revenue. Needless to say, students and the elderly will already have their views on what they want to watch and dont.

I do strongly believe the Sikh Channel MUST NOT promote any anti Gurmat parchaar or go against the hukumnammae/ marayada of Sri Akal Takht Sahib Ji.

We must remember that this is an infantile initiative -setting up accounts, etc will take time (otherwise the boys would get chased out of the country !).

Good luck Sikh Channel