Lighting A Joth And Doof At Home

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Ji, I was just wondering what is the significance of lighting a joth(like with melted butter and a cotton wick) and doof (incense, black stuff, rolled into balls that lets of smoke and smells nice :) ) at home in sikhi?

Any sakhi's, or gurbani quotes, or any reasoning behind it?

yes it purifies the air.

also when doing your paath, u must have full concentration. but many people find this hard. so what you do is concentrate on the joth with your whole mind, so that you are only thinking of 1 thing (the joth), then when you start paath and move our concentration, it becomes easier to concentrate on the paath.

NOT FOR WORSHIP. ONLY TO ENHANCE CONCENTRATION (had to say that before some narrow minded morons start kicking up a fuss).

Not the current dhoops they are made of chemicals they infact polute air and can cause health problems ... in old days dhups were natural they were home made of gulab etc ... search google i m sure u will get different ways to make natural dhoops else its of no use ...

and jot is symbol of suchamta ... for years there was parkash of only jyot at harimander sahib ... and there is famous sakhi were pathans challenged nihangs if they are warriors come and light jyot at harimader sahib and they did ...

I remember I bought some random dhoop once just to try out that style of incense and I bought some lakshmi dhoop and it smells so disgustingly gross! It smells like burnt rubber mixed with nasty smelling something (I cant really discribe it other than saying eeeewwwww like a school girl shouting coodies) :lol: Dont ever ever buy lakshmi dhoop Im telling you "it could change your life" hahahah My favorite stick incense is chandan, musk or nag champa.

I thought lighting a jyot was for if the power went out you still can read during an Akhand Paat etc and before they had electricity everyone and their moms had to use candles etc Or................... the jyot related to GuruJis jyot like in a Sach Khand room for Sukhasan always has a light on etc?????