United Sikhs Lobbys For Wife Beater Sikh

BELOW IS AN ARTICLE POSTED ON THE SIKH DIOSPRA E GROUP, I MYSELF QUESTION THE LOBBYING FOR THE CERTAIN SIKH PRISONERS ( SEXUALLY RELATED OR VIOLENT CRIMES ) TO KEEP THIER HAIR ETC. THEY LET THE WHOLE PANTH DOWN WITH THEIR GROSS ACTS. UNFORTUNATELY UNITED SIKHS HAS DONE THIS IN THE PAST BUT NEVER INFORM THE SANGAT ABOUT THE CRIME BY THE PRISONER AT THE TIME OF THE APPEAL FOR FUNDS.ITS ALL ABOUT APPEAL AFTER APPEAL !! mad.gif

A Sikh body is mobilizing opinion against forcing prisoners of the

> community to cut their hair after Florida prison authorities forcibly

> cut the hair of Sikh inmate Jagmohan Singh Ahuja.

> http://www.asianpacificpost.com/portal2/c1ee8c441c7696d8011c7767f56c00fb_Sikh_group_fights_for_US_convicts_to_be_able_to_keep_long_h

A Sikh has no business being in a prison having committed a crime.

A Sikh who had his hair shaved previously was a wife beater - gross

domestic abuse. He paid no attention to the rights of women and now of course he cries to seek attention. He showed no remorse.

These guys with long hair and turbans not only do unsikh acts ie

committing crimes that land them in prison - and then they say they

want to protect their religon. Whilst out of prison - committing crime,

did these guys ever utter wahguru. People like these are politicians

Gundas in Punjab.

Sorry no sympathy from me. Is there a prison authority that one can

write to about how Un-Sikh these guys are in Society.

Karamjit Singh

Sri Lanka

BELOW IS AN ARTICLE POSTED ON THE SIKH DIOSPRA E GROUP, I MYSELF QUESTION THE LOBBYING FOR THE CERTAIN SIKH PRISONERS ( SEXUALLY RELATED OR VIOLENT CRIMES ) TO KEEP THIER HAIR ETC. THEY LET THE WHOLE PANTH DOWN WITH THEIR GROSS ACTS. UNFORTUNATELY UNITED SIKHS HAS DONE THIS IN THE PAST BUT NEVER INFORM THE SANGAT ABOUT THE CRIME BY THE PRISONER AT THE TIME OF THE APPEAL FOR FUNDS.ITS ALL ABOUT APPEAL AFTER APPEAL !! mad.gif

A Sikh body is mobilizing opinion against forcing prisoners of the

> community to cut their hair after Florida prison authorities forcibly

> cut the hair of Sikh inmate Jagmohan Singh Ahuja.

> http://www.asianpaci..._to_keep_long_h

A Sikh has no business being in a prison having committed a crime.

A Sikh who had his hair shaved previously was a wife beater - gross

domestic abuse. He paid no attention to the rights of women and now of course he cries to seek attention. He showed no remorse.

These guys with long hair and turbans not only do unsikh acts ie

committing crimes that land them in prison - and then they say they

want to protect their religon. Whilst out of prison - committing crime,

did these guys ever utter wahguru. People like these are politicians

Gundas in Punjab.

Sorry no sympathy from me. Is there a prison authority that one can

write to about how Un-Sikh these guys are in Society.

Karamjit Singh

Sri Lanka

Fateh!

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with the individual concerned, it has to do with prison authorities not having the right to divest prisoners of their religious rights.

If this man was a soormah, someone who had been imprisoned for defending Sikhi, or was simply an innocent victim, would you be so swift to have the man's kesh removed?

K.

If i was missing that point i wouldnt have posted the article, The Sikhs should never support a scumbag who is serving time for such a henious crime !!! So what the United Sikhs are doing is spending Sangats money on a wife beater.......Why ? .......blink.gif ....Its a disgrace that this prisnor can be compared to a Soorma , even if to set an example.....if this guy was my friend or brother i would ask him to cut his hair and never call himself a Sikh. again..........

There are are many thousands Soormas rotting in Indian Jails, please do something for them.....

If i was missing that point i wouldnt have posted the article, The Sikhs should never support a scumbag who is serving time for such a henious crime !!! So what the United Sikhs are doing is spending Sangats money on a wife beater.......Why ? .......blink.gif ....Its a disgrace that this prisnor can be compared to a Soorma , even if to set an example.....if this guy was my friend or brother i would ask him to cut his hair and never call himself a Sikh. again..........

There are are many thousands Soormas rotting in Indian Jails, please do something for them.....

Fateh!

Nope, you're still not getting it. United Sikhs is lobbying for the right of EVERY SIKH in prison, whether falsely accused or not, to be able to keep his kesh as a fundamental religious right.

Singh, forget about the guy in prison, this is not about him. If this guy has his kesh cut and nothing is done about it, NO SIKH will be safe from suffering the same fate.

Neither the prison authorities, nor you, nor anyone else for that matter, has the right to touch a Sikh's kesh.

Regards,

K.

Fateh J!

So its ok if the guy was KPS Gill and we would use him as an example ?? No, to choose a wife beater and to fight him to keep hair is immoral, United Sikhs had ample time before this guy to fight the legislation but didnt. They have jumped on the bandwagon of self promotion without thinking.

Fateh J!

So its ok if the guy was KPS Gill and we would use him as an example ?? No, to choose a wife beater and to fight him to keep hair is immoral, United Sikhs had ample time before this guy to fight the legislation but didnt. They have jumped on the bandwagon of self promotion without thinking.

Fateh!

Yes, even if it was KPS Gill fighting for the right to keep his kesh in prison. Veer, this is not about United Sikhs asking for money to free this criminal, but about human rights for prisoners, and Sikh prisoners in particular.

Just forget about the individuals concerned - because the issue is greater than any individual - and concentrate on the issue at hand which is about you and any other Sikh who find hirself in prison, for whatever reason, being able to freely practice your religion.

If the guy is guilty, he should most certainly do his time in prison, but he should have the ability to practice Sikhi. And who knows - perhaps prison time will give the guy time to reflect and become a better Sikh.

Think of it on a personal level if it helps: if you were to find yourself in prison tomorrow, how could you feel if someone decided that it was all fine and dandy to shave your head?

Regards,

K.

I agree with Hoshiarpuria on this one ;

"If i was missing that point i wouldnt have posted the article, The Sikhs should never support a scumbag who is serving time for such a henious crime !!! So what the United Sikhs are doing is spending Sangats money on a wife beater.......Why ? .......blink.gif ....Its a disgrace "

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

So let's have a hypothetical:

Hoshiarpuria goes to jail for a crime he did not commit - let's say a Florida murder. So Hoshiarpuria goes to jail and the first thing he encounters is a prison guard with scissors. Hoshiarpuria resists, screaming his innocence and gross violation of human rights, which only provokes more guards to hold him down and shear off the Kesh he is so beloved of. After recovering, he calls his lawyers about the human rights violation that just occured against him.

Hoshiarpuria: They cut off all of my hair!!! Do something, it is a violation of my human rights!!

Lawyer: There is nothing we can do.

Hoshiarpuria: WHAT?!?!?! Are you kidding me? There are laws in this country.

Lawyer: Yes, but this was fought for by a Sikh Rights organization. However, the Sikh community pulled its support for the cause and the organization lost the battle against the State of Florida. Therefore, all Sikh prisoners are subject to having their hair removed.

Hoshiarpuria: But I am innocent!!!!!

Lawyer: You know that, I know that. But you were tried and convicted by a peer jury. I am sorry, but the law is the law. There is nothing we can do.

Hoshiarpuria now looks forward to a monthly desecration of his Kesh at the hands of the prison guards for the next 25 years to life. The pain of this separation from his Kesh is unbearable. But what will he do?

Is it clear now what this case means? UNITED SIKHS is not fighting for the defense of a criminal, they are fighting for the rights of SIKHS in jail. Would you deprive all Sikhs (some of whom I guarantee you are innocent) their Kesh in jails just so you could punish those who are guilty of their crimes? If so, put yourself in jail and the above scenario and let is play out for an hour and report back to this forum of your feelings. And know that even if you were released from prison and attempted to press charges against the jail, you would have absolutely no grounds to do so because the law supports the cutting off of a Sikh's Kesh in jail.

And let me make this a little bit more realistic: There are Sikhs in American immigration jails (Deportation Centers) - asylum cases that have gone bad - who helped to drive forward the Sikh movement from the 80s - what if they are held in a Florida prison before being transferred to a Federal facility - off with their Kesh?