Too Many "sants" Nowadays

Himat408

I can name thousands of " Sants"who get the title of Sant and are no way even near the vasta of these Bhagats. Nowadays if a Gursikh is from so and so's pend he is called Sant.

Oh, I agree that true Sants are very rare, but they do exist.

Yes they do exist In Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Thus it is imporant to search within Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji then searching outside for sants.

the defination of sant and gursikh is almost same in guru granth sahib ... that is one who does naam jaap with every swas ... every one calls himself gursikh then whats the trouble if many call them sants ...

just remain safe when dealing with money hungry sants ... when a person with a big car can sit with sant ji for an hour and others need to wait as sant ji is doing aram ... quit going to such people ...

- sant jasdeep singh

i believe that the everyday sikh is more of a parcharak than any sant, ragi, or katha vachik. if you notice, people who stay around amritdhari sikhs begin to learn a lot about sikhi and many take amrit because they are around good sangat. i know many people who have taken amrit because of the sangat they stay in. i have only meet one auntie who said she was going to take amrit because sant ranjit singh was here, but she said the main reason was because back in Delhi she had an amritdhari friend who she promised that one day she would take amrit. i always think of it as, love your guru more than any person. i'm not trying to be a baba basher, just saying that sangat is most powerful. i met someone in rajistan who has taken amrit 4 times. when the local sant comes, he takes amrit, after he misses alcohol and goes back to his old ways.